FBI namecheck email..anyone got response from email sent in Jan?

Hey hey

Another EB2 stuck since March 2003 :) I'm officially the oldest case of stuck name check on this forum now

spouse case stuck in name check since sep 2003. no reply yet to email sent on feb 23 05 and snail mail sent on mar 8 05 :mad:

Sending inquery e-mail to FBI on early Dec, 04, got a reply at middle april, 05 saying ".... in a pending status".

Sending FOIPA thereafter, got "No record" reply at end of april, 05.

Sending expedite letter to Mr. Hooton at middle May, no response so far.

I'm EB2 of March 2004 case, I think sending a letter will let them know our desperate situation. :mad: :mad:

GCG said:
i am just afraid that there was some computer glitch with march 04 cases and a lot of them just stuck...

fbi_name_check, eternal_labor,

any of you received a response from the FBI itself with you name check status ? Not FOIPA, not USCIS... I am interested to see they the FBI got a name check request and they are processing it. otherwise it could be a situation when USCIS sent a request, but FBI never received it and the are waiting on each other... and it could be an endless wait... :(

GCG said:
commander,

i am speculating that most of those stuck cases are EB3, everything else has been processed... it's very unusual to see a EB2 case to be stuck with name check, mostly it's EB3...
My spouses case is a EB2 case and is stuck.

Any updates ???

Folks,
Any updates w.r.t. replies from FBI for name check. I had sent mails for the same on Dec 19 '04 and Jan 11 '05. No response yet !!!

rohit_bha said:
Folks,
Any updates w.r.t. replies from FBI for name check. I had sent mails for the same on Dec 19 '04 and Jan 11 '05. No response yet !!!

ha, looks like we are on the same page, I also sent 2 emails around those dates... still waiting to hear form them.

hi

Sent FBI email on nov17,2004. got response back last night that my name check was completed yesterday.

will have to wait till oct1 as i am eb3...tick...tock..tick...tock

Did you see anu LUDS ?

Hi Holycow

Did you see any LUD's on your I-485 after Name check clearance ?

-Sonpapdi

sonpapdi said:
Hi Holycow

Did you see any LUD's on your I-485 after Name check clearance ?

-Sonpapdi

if it's been completed just yesterday, it could take 1-4 weeks to sync up with USCIS... then there could be an LUD.

FBI replied for January 13, 2005 status query mail

Below is the reply mail from FBI-----------
=======================================
Subject: RE: Name Check Status request.
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 12:47:37 -0400
To:

Dear <My Name>:

I am responding to your email dated January 13, 2005, concerning the
name check status of you and your family.

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database revealed that a request from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for you and <FAMILY> was received on March 23, 2004, and is currently in a pending status.
You may be assured that the immigration authorities will be notified at the earliest possible date upon completion of this case.

The FBI completed a name check for <FAMILY> on March 24, 2004. The results were forwarded to the USCIS Headquarters, Washington, DC.

Sincerely,

Michael A. Cannon/gmg
Chief, National Name Check
Program Section
Records Management Division

man, oh man.... another march 04 victim :( hold on my friend, we will get there, it's just a matter of time.

GL.

This is what I received on July 9th.
------------------------------------------------------

I am responding to your email dated January 13, 2005, concerning your name check status for immigration purposes.

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database revealed that a request from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for you was received on August 10, 2004. This submission contained an error and was not accepted by our automated system. However, our records also show another submission received on May 26, 2005, and it was completed on that same day. The results were forwarded to the USCIS Headquarters, Washington, DC.

Sincerely,

Michael A. Cannon/gmg
Chief, National Name Check
Program Section
Records Management Division

---------------------------------------

I received the approval letter on June 29th.

Got Response Today

A review of the Name Check Program database revealed that a request from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for you was received on December 16, 2003, and is currently in a pending status. Due to increased national security concerns, in December 2002 to early 2003, the USCIS submitted an additional 2.7 million name checks for processing to the FBI. Although 99.8% of these cases have been finalized, our efforts to complete the remaining requests continue. This has delayed processing of other requests.

Spouse Name Check completed on Jan 1st 2004.

How Do I file for FOIPA

GCG said:
commander,

i am speculating that most of those stuck cases are EB3, everything else has been processed... it's very unusual to see a EB2 case to be stuck with name check, mostly it's EB3...
Not true .. my spouse is a dependent on my case and my GC is approved as EB2. So she is a EB2 case. I dont think FBI even know what category these cases are in.