FBI Name Check

Bad news for people in name check..more delay

Hi Guys,

Just read about expediting name checks for those who receive SSI benefits. That means FBI will get those cases and process them first before "normal" cases. So our file just went behind in the queue. we have to brace for more delay and longer wait.

-:(

Lets hope for the best.

Regards

Hi Guys,

Just read about expediting name checks for those who receive SSI benefits. That means FBI will get those cases and process them first before "normal" cases. So our file just went behind in the queue. we have to brace for more delay and longer wait.

-:(

Lets hope for the best.

Regards

I wouldn't worry about that too much. It won't make a very big difference for those who get stuck in name check. If you get stuck, just wait 18 months and file a WOM. That seems to be the standard procedure nowadays.

I really like the idea of class action lawsuit against USCIS. If we can get at least a few dozen folks to join in, we might be able to hire a good immigration attorney on contingency. Reasonable legal expenses are normally awarded if we win. Any lawyers around looking for a job?

P.S. FWIW my name is trully unique, both zabasearch and intelius didn't list anyone else going by that name.
-albertr

I really like the idea of class action lawsuit against USCIS. If we can get at least a few dozen folks to join in, we might be able to hire a good immigration attorney on contingency. Reasonable legal expenses are normally awarded if we win. Any lawyers around looking for a job?

P.S. FWIW my name is trully unique, both zabasearch and intelius didn't list anyone else going by that name.
-albertr

If I find out that I'm stuck in name check (too early to tell yet), I'm up for the idea of a class action lawsuit.

As I've posted earlier, through Intelius, I found a family in New Hampshire that has the same last name as me. I have a feeling that they may be relatives of mine, especially since I couldn't find anyone with the same last name in Russia. Zabasearch only listed my name, and with a very outdated address.

Here's one good example of recent win on class action lawsuit brought agianst USCSI:

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=273354

I'm going to write a letter to plaintiff's attorney (who won the case) and ask them if they would be interested. I would suggest you to do the same. If we can only convience them to bring one more class action before the same court... Here's their mailing address:

Jonathan M. Stein, Esq.
Community Legal Services, Inc. of Philadelphia
1424 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102

-albertr

If you do a search on name check you will find the methodology FBI uses - an algorithm which makes combinations of phonetic sounding names and then makes combination of all names (F.name, M. name etc). So not finding an exact match in the Zabasearch will not be an indication of not getting stuck in name check.

Reading experiences of people on this board for many years I understand that name check is not a simple mechanical process but a complex algorithm used to determine a person's risk to the US. Exact name and DOB match is one part of it. Profiling is definitely on and more Russians, Indians, Middle easterners, Chinese etc get stuck. Even though Latinos make up the largest block in immigration, they have the lowest name check problems! Go figure why FBI algorithm with a name check record for Andrew does not trip Mr. Andres.
-albertr

Last edited by a moderator: