FBI Name Check

Hi

I attended the AOS interview on March 21, 2010, went successful but the officer said FBI name check is pending and until that she can not approve it. Does anyone know how long does it take to get the name check done? I filed for 485 application package in Jan 2010.

Thanks
KS

FBI name check pending after AOS interview

Hi

I attended the AOS interview on March 21, 2010, went successful but the officer said FBI name check is pending and until that she can not approve it. Does anyone know how long does it take to get the name check done? I filed for 485 application package in Jan 2010.

Thanks
KS

Hello All,

I'm in the same situation, but I won DV-2010, and I had my Interview on May 14th and officer told that they Don't have a Name Check Record ....... since that day I haven't received anything.... I did 2 times InfoPass, but officer told me that Name Check pending.

What do you think if I write a letter to National Benefit Center in Lee's Summit, where my application was transfered does it helps ?

Yup...that would be me!
130 approved on day of interview in 08/2007
Still awaiting results of name check.
I intend to file a Notice of Intent to sue.
Then follow with a WOM, but Attorney wants to charge $4500!

Apparently there is no way you can contact FBI to find out. I am in the same situation, and I heard it can take 10 years or more. Has someone suggested filing a writ of mandamus?
It would be easier if we tossed out our passports, visas and work permits and pretended to be illegal. Amnesty is round the corner.
For people trying the legal route, you are stuck!!
You can't change jobs, you have to renew your drivers license every year, your employment authorization document every year, you have to carry your passport, visa (all papers) with you at all times, you can't leave the country without an advanced parole document - you'll be rounded up for questioning for hours every time you re-enter the country legally. If some documents are missing you'll be handcuffed and taken to jail. I am a doctor and a University Professor (most legal immigrants are of this category) and I have given a copy of all (immigration related) files to my department secretary just in case something like this happens. I have to go to lecture abroad sometimes and I have to renew my advance parole document everytime. I think jumping across Rio Grande would have been so much easier

i'm same situation , my I485 has been over 2 years . can somebody let me know address of FBI , i want to know my name clear yet ? please , show me , some address can help me ?

You can apply for writ of mandamus as your case has gone on for so long. This takes money naturally as it involves a court proceeding. You can read up on some recent mandamus victories here

The FBI Name Check is a background check procedure performed by the Federal Bureau of Investigation for federal agencies, components within the legislative, judicial, and executive branches of the federal government; foreign police and intelligence agencies; and state and local law enforcement agencies within the criminal justice system. The FBI Name Check is performed by the FBI as a part of the National Name Check Program,which dates back to Executive Order 10450, issued during the Eisenhower Administration. The FBI Name Check for an individual involves a search of the FBI’s Central Records System Universal Index for any appearance of the name of the individual, as well as close phonetic variants and permutations of that name, in any of the records stored in the Universal Index. If any such occurrences are found, the Name Check also involves retrieval and analysis of the relevant paper and electronic files from local FBI offices and from other law-enforcement agencies.