FBI Name Check

i wrote to the district director,field director,ombudsman,senator,congressman last week. i wrote thew letter should it have been my husband he is the USC.

No, my wife is USC, i wrote the letters to all.

letter to Ombudsman means you have to fill Form 7001

Senator, Congress man have case workers , just call them and talk to them , you have to mail them ( or FAX)a form for waiver of personal information so that they can pursue you case with USCIS.

i just sent my case details with a request to pursue the case. i did not send in the waiver. is it a form readily available? i think i could send it now isnt it? coz i just sent in the mail a couple of days ago. i am also going to call them up on Friday.

This is a form usually available at the Congressman or Senator's web site. It's called Privacy Form or something like that. If you don't find the form, you can use the attached form From Ted Kennedy's office as a template and draft your own.
i just sent my case details with a request to pursue the case. i did not send in the waiver. is it a form readily available? i think i could send it now isnt it? coz i just sent in the mail a couple of days ago. i am also going to call them up on Friday.

i recd a response from the senator's office with the case workers name and the case no and also said that they have already contacted tthe USCIS. quick response makes me hopeful

Mine was stuck in a FBI Name Check. I made multiple infopass appointments, took Ayetes Memo & other relevant documents once 180 days were up. Also wrote a letter to the Interview Officer directly. She had given a green envelope during the interview to write to her after 180 days.

And just days later online status and email says "card production ordered" :)

Keep hope, make sure you make multiple Infopass, phone calls, letters etc.

Mine was stuck in a FBI Name Check. I made multiple infopass appointments, took Ayetes Memo & other relevant documents once 180 days were up. Also wrote a letter to the Interview Officer directly. She had given a green envelope during the interview to write to her after 180 days.

And just days later online status and email says "card production ordered" :)

Keep hope, make sure you make multiple Infopass, phone calls, letters etc.

congratulations!!:)

Mine also stuck in a FBI Name Check.

My I130 is approved and I485 is pending. I am thinking to take info pass. When I take info pass should I have to take my wife with me? My wife she is an US Citizen.

Please let me know.

Hi guys, I need your help here...:(

My I-485 was filed on Jan 24, 2006, after that, it is pending due to the FBI name check (from the calls to customer service no. of the USCIS).

Last friday, I went the immigration office in Garden City Long Island to inquiry my case status. The officer told me that my case is pending due to the background check.

So I told him that if the check has been pending for over 180-days, they should issue me the GC. But the officer said background check is different from name check. So this new act doesn't apply to my case... Moreover, my name check hasn't been cleared yet...

Then I ask how long do I need to wait? a hundred years? He said: Could be :mad:

What shall I do next? I am so frustrated and desperated... Do I need a lawyer to file a lawsuit,,, or wait for 100-years :confused:

hey kidodo,
i am in the same situation as urs except that my nc is completed acc to them. i have been given the same reply. i applied in feb 2007 and approved verbally in dec 2007 after the 2nd interview. i am still waiting ofcourse i ahev written to the ombudsman,senator and district and field directors. i am waiting for some miracle to happen. i guess u could write the letters too.

hey kidodo,
i am in the same situation as urs except that my nc is completed acc to them. i have been given the same reply. i applied in feb 2007 and approved verbally in dec 2007 after the 2nd interview. i am still waiting ofcourse i ahev written to the ombudsman,senator and district and field directors. i am waiting for some miracle to happen. i guess u could write the letters too.

Kidodo and Unlucky_girl keep writing letters , if nothing happens in 30 days file a wom , sue the bastards

hey kidodo,

Hi un-lucky girl,

What's shall we do next? I have been waiting for this bullshit GC for 2 years & a half, I don't wanna to spend $$$ to renew my EAD & AP again. I feel so frustrated... What if they keep us waiting for another two years? ...:mad:

Thanks To Allaha , God

Friends

After almost six and half years MY green card has been approved. It was indeed a long journey. I still remember those days when I used to write letters to PBEC official about my pending LC.

Friends I think a owe this forum a lot of Thanks. Whenever I had hard time in my green card processing this forum has provided me guidance on each and every step. I am Thank you to all those friends who has guided me in every difficult time.

In last six and half years I have written almost 1000 letters to different official.

At I-485 stage also I wrote a letter to Director UCIS Taxes Service Center, I-485 supervisor. Senator. First Lady, VP. And OMBUDSMAN Office

According to my own information I think senators are very powerful people. When ever I contacted the senators they have always kicked the ass of relevant departments

If you have any question for me I am always here to share my experience

All the best wishes for your green card journey

Tanveer

Congratulations Tanveer!!! :D
Friends

After almost six and half years MY green card has been approved. It was indeed a long journey. I still remember those days when I used to write letters to PBEC official about my pending LC.

Friends I think a owe this forum a lot of Thanks. Whenever I had hard time in my green card processing this forum has provided me guidance on each and every step. I am Thank you to all those friends who has guided me in every difficult time.

In last six and half years I have written almost 1000 letters to different official.

At I-485 stage also I wrote a letter to Director UCIS Taxes Service Center, I-485 supervisor. Senator. First Lady, VP. And OMBUDSMAN Office

According to my own information I think senators are very powerful people. When ever I contacted the senators they have always kicked the ass of relevant departments

If you have any question for me I am always here to share my experience

All the best wishes for your green card journey

Tanveer

the 45 days limit given by CIS Ombudsman is UP!!!:confused:, the following is the response i got from Ombudsman for my follow up letter

Thank you for your case problem submission worksheet, Form DHS 7001 dated April X,2008 to the DHS Ombudsman ,concerning the status of your form I 485.The ombudsman office forwarded your application to USCIS,Customer Assistance office (CAO).we have assigned it case #111111111111111

we understand the concern that prompted you write and the frustration it may causing you.Based on Information provided in Form 7001, a search was conducted on receipt number MSCXXXXXXXXXXXX. This case iscurrently in Houston office and forwarded to Adjudicator to process. the Houston office will notify you by mail once your case is completed. if you have not received any notice by then, please contact USCIS national customer service on the number listed number.

crsytal A coulson taylor
Acting Supervisor
Customer Assistance Office

i received letters from ombudman and the senator with something that i already know the great "background check pending". i willbe going to fed plaza in a couple of weeks coz the lady at the cs told me to come when the 6 months are up. Acc to her the BC was initiated in jan 2008. i wonder whether there is expiration date for sec clearance? did u get any good news kidodo?

Hi Guys,

After such a long time,today I got my welcome notice.But I am bit confused, we have been married for more than two years ,(we got married in November 2005) and applied in January 2006, but this notice says that "your new card will expire after two years and it will be a conditional and I will have to apply to remove this condition". Why is that and What should I do ?

Thanks for your help and guidance,

-Tariq

Last edited by a moderator:
i received letters from ombudman and the senator with something that i already know the great "background check pending". i willbe going to fed plaza in a couple of weeks coz the lady at the cs told me to come when the 6 months are up. Acc to her the BC was initiated in jan 2008. i wonder whether there is expiration date for sec clearance? did u get any good news kidodo?

I did nothing during these days cause i already tried everything I could, senator, first lady, infopass, etc. If the fed plaza you mentioned is the USCIS office in downtown, i think you should save you trip... I went there and officer there told me to go to garden city, long island, they said my case was there, they can do nothing even inquiry.

I don't know what to do, maybe sue USCIS is the only way out, I am thinking sue them by myself, I can't afford a lawyer right now, sucks.:(