FBI Name Check

I did nothing during these days cause i already tried everything I could, senator, first lady, infopass, etc. If the fed plaza you mentioned is the USCIS office in downtown, i think you should save you trip... I went there and officer there told me to go to garden city, long island, they said my case was there, they can do nothing even inquiry.

I don't know what to do, maybe sue USCIS is the only way out, I am thinking sue them by myself, I can't afford a lawyer right now, sucks.:(

Kidodo,

did u try writing to the new york district director ? write a letetr to the district director explaining each and every related effort you have made regarding your case and mention that if within 30 days of the receipt of the letter your case is npt adjudicated you will file a writ of mandamus

Most likely your case will be adjusdicated just with this letter , if not file a wom

Last edited by a moderator:
Kidodo,

did u try writing to the new york district director ? write a letetr to the district director explaining each and every related effort you have made regarding your case and mention that if within 30 days of the receipt of the letter your case is npt adjudicated you will file a writ of mandamus

Most likely your case will be adjusdicated just with this letter , if not file a wom

I did write to District Director,Houston office , i did mention not to return my mail again saying "we do not accept FAX or MAIL" , this time i got my mail back with notice saying that " this location has INFOPASS now":eek:

Still my case is pending "Final decision".

I reallly dont know why the houston office returns any mail addressed to the district director , if you have been waiting for over a year its high time that you file the wom , enuf is enuf

another Infopass , the IO said wait till 90 days , your adjudication started on May 2nd , so wait till August!!...once they make decision you will get it in mail, i asked IO , "when?" she responded "may be tomorrow, or next week..............?"( she sounded like she do not know)..............

How long does it normally take for the Name Check

Hi Friends

I just had my interview which got approved pending a name check. I just wanted to ask how long does it take for the name check after biometrics?

Marriage based April Filing Indianapolis DO

had the interview on 7/14/08. Interview went smooth. I was accompanied by the lawyer. Initially i was asked questions about my dob, spouse's dob, spouse's siblings, their place of birth and current residence, about the number of kids they have, how long we have been married etc..he did not look at anything else. He said our case is approvable pending the security check. He also said it should be back before november and probably sooner. so hope everything in this last stage goes smooth.

I-485, I-765, I-131 applied on 04/03/2008
Received Date 04/04/2008
Notice Date 04/08/2008
Notice Received 04/11/08
FP notice 04/14/08
FP appt : 05/01/08
FP done: everything was over in 15 min; the lady told me to expect the EAD in two weeks to three months.
Interview notice: 06/05/08
Interview date : 07/14/08
LUD EAD ordered email: 06/18/08
LUD AP approved email: 06/18/08
AP in snail mail: 06/23/08
EAD in snail mail: 06/26/08
Interview done: 07/14/2008 (approved pending name check)

hope everything goes smooth.

will keep you posted.

Hi reddysaab... I am in the same boat as you. I was approved but pending namecheck. I have one question for you though. Did the IO take your I-94 card, EAD card and AP card? The reason I am asking is because the IO took my I-94 card and until now I have not heard or received my EAD and AP card. I thought I will wait until the interview to pursue the EAD and AP and now since I am in a limbo I am not sure what to do. Would appreciate if your input. Thanks.

He did not take anything from me. I still have my EAD, AP and I-94; he told me to expect the green card by november the least...anyway i am planning to take an infopass next month to check on the status.

Thanks for your input reddysaab. At the interview, the IO told me that I should hear something within 4 weeks. My interview was on 7/17/08. If I don't hear anything within that timeframe, I will do infopass too and see what is going on.

1. just got off phone , after talking to a "IO" at national customer service, my case is out of current processing time ( by 3 days), she come back saying that usual processing time at NBC is 24 months, I need to wait!!!!

2. i have a letter from USCIS, customer assistance office(CAO) saying to contact them in 90days if i dont hear from local officer, where my case with a Adjudicator, the Io i talked to have no idea of what CAO is!!! the letter i have clearly lists NSC phone number to contact after 90 days,

3. she told me not to call for 6 months( placed a service request in may , which came back saying "file under review" and contact after 6 months")

4.let me add experience of last 2 Infopass, the first one i was told "some security clearence ? came back in june 23rd, so everything looks alrite, but the file is in shelf , need to be assigned an officer, so the IO told me that she is going to write to supervisor, " to assign an officer for the case". on second Infopass i was told that " case is in Adjudication,pending final decision, but no officer assigned yet!!" on my request she tried to contact the supervisor, and the officer who is supposed to work on my case , after a while came back with " the officer is absent today , so I will find out tomorrow" will call you on your cell phone ....that day is gone , no call yet...

5. i was told by an IO during Infopass that the process of adjudication takes 3 to 6 months!!

Divorcing And Getting Marry While I-485 Pending

hi,
i married with a us citizen last year. and we had our interview in baltimore . duration of interview was 10 minutes.officer told us we will receive a letter in 2 weeks but we hv'nt get any letter upto this time. its been 5 months now.mean time my wife start giving me hard time.i was thinking to divorce her and get marry with my old girl friend she is also american citizen and mother of my child. i was thinking if i divorce her it could create problem for me .
is there any one who can help me.

what should i do ?

plz reply

Card production ordered

Thanks for your input reddysaab. At the interview, the IO told me that I should hear something within 4 weeks. My interview was on 7/17/08. If I don't hear anything within that timeframe, I will do infopass too and see what is going on.

Update: received e-mail yesterday that card production has been ordered for I-485.
03/25/08 ND all
03/28/08 Checks cashed
03/31/08 Received NOA all
04/01/08 FP notice
04/08/08 LUD and see I-765, I-131, & I-130 online
04/15/08 LUD and see I-485 online
04/17/08 FP done
05/27/08 IL received
07/17/08 ID approved pending name check
07/28/08 Card Production Ordered

Congratulations ! That is great news. Based on your FP date, mine should be processed over the next two weeks. Hopefully, I will have the good news soon...

1. just got off phone , after talking to a "IO" at national customer service, my case is out of current processing time ( by 3 days), she come back saying that usual processing time at NBC is 24 months, I need to wait!!!!

2. i have a letter from USCIS, customer assistance office(CAO) saying to contact them in 90days if i dont hear from local officer, where my case with a Adjudicator, the Io i talked to have no idea of what CAO is!!! the letter i have clearly lists NSC phone number to contact after 90 days,

3. she told me not to call for 6 months( placed a service request in may , which came back saying "file under review" and contact after 6 months")

4.let me add experience of last 2 Infopass, the first one i was told "some security clearence ? came back in june 23rd, so everything looks alrite, but the file is in shelf , need to be assigned an officer, so the IO told me that she is going to write to supervisor, " to assign an officer for the case". on second Infopass i was told that " case is in Adjudication,pending final decision, but no officer assigned yet!!" on my request she tried to contact the supervisor, and the officer who is supposed to work on my case , after a while came back with " the officer is absent today , so I will find out tomorrow" will call you on your cell phone ....that day is gone , no call yet...

5. i was told by an IO during Infopass that the process of adjudication takes 3 to 6 months!!

Its high time you file the writ of mandamus , enough is enough

went on Infoass yesterday, the officer said " some one is working on the case from today " and she showed me a printout with todays date and some other info...

it is becomeing hard to beleive their words, am being told that my case is waiting for final decision for almost 2 and half months now and everytime they say officer is working on your case!!

How do you find out, if your name is cleared from back ground check or not ?

do they do seperate background checks when u change category. i shifted from employment based I140 to Family based about 11/2 years ago and i am waiting from the past 7 months for the bc to be cleared. i have been told that the namecheck was cleared a couple of months ago. when i was in the employment category we once called CS and i distinctly remember the lady telling us that the bc was cleared. i never expected to wait this long for bc check to be cleared. when i went to the fed plaza office they said security clearance pending that is 2 months ago. what should i do?

Longest pending name check

Hi,

I was just wondering where I stand in the line for pending namechecks now. Have USCIS been clearing the backlog as they claimed in their press release in April? I am just getting to the end of my 4th year of waiting now and wonder whether there are many others with the same wait time?

Thanks for your help.

did u make an infopass? or write letters to the Ombudsman,district director,senator,congressman(not that it helped). i guess in ur case like mine it is not the namecheck but the security clearance that is pending. in which case the 180 day rule does not apply. i guess we only have to wait. in the meantime i guess u could make an infopass and check to see if the NC has cleared or not?

AOS interview for the second time

Hi guys, I would like to thank you for sharing your experiences , and I am greateful for all the helpful info inhere. My situation is this, we recently received a notice from USCIS asking us to appear for an initial AOS interview for the second time ??? I really do not know what triggered this 'second interview, could it be a "stokes interview" ??? Anybody went though this before or has a similar experience ? I would greately appreciate any feedback.
Here's my detailed timeline.

-----------------------------------
02/07 : married my lovely USC wife
06/05/2007 : I485 - I130 Sent to Chicago lockbox
06/29/2007 : ND
07/21/2007 : Biometrics done
08/03/2007 : RFE I684 - sent documents on 09/04/2007
RFE NSEERS - sent documents on 09/04/2007
09/20/2007 : LUDs I485 - I130 : On September 20, 2007, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing ...........................................
10/23/2007 : ND AOS
11/05/2007 : EAD Received
12/01/200/ : Interview at federal plazza " We got there arround 1:55pm, shortly after my lawyer arrived. We waited for about 2hrs then we got called.
My wife an I were really calm and in a good mood. Despite the fact that the IO had a poker face and we couldnt read any facial expression, we answered all her questions and we brought with us our marriage cert., a joint bank account statements, utility bills in both of our names, life ins, pics with her family ....... Everything was in order by date in seperate folders and neatly gathered. All 3 of us heard the IO saying (since her desk was kind of messy and she looked rushed) " I feel inferior " !!!!!!!!!!!!
The IO lady made us feel like we r retaining her from going home (she looked at the wall clock several times) or maybe she is limited by time for every interview. At the end, my lawyer asked the IO about the outcome of the interview and she replied that I have to go do the NSEERS interview and comply with it.
02/14/2008 : NSEERS Succesfully Completed. Wrote on my passpot NSEERS cleared I485 pending AO
6/15/2008 : Infopas : Took a copy of my passport, NSEERS proof, and that was it no further info, she kept saying we'll send you something in the mail.
08/01/2008 : NOA REQUEST FOR APPLICANT TO APPEAR FOR INITIAL INTERVIEW ?

P.S : Thes second interview letter looks exactly the same as the first one. My lawyer thinks its gonna be a "stokes interview"

God knows what this is about

NSEER : National Security Entry Exit Registration Only for people that come from certain countries especially muslim countries.

Finally I am approved , just came back from Infopass , the case is approved on July 30th, but the status is not "updated online yet!! i did not receive "welcome notice yet" , the ordeal is over for now atlast!!

thanks for the help for the Forum, all those who helped me, especially Frantiscky

will post my experience in a day or 2, time to celebrate