FBI Name Check

hi anama
congrats! i did go to garden city last friday and the person at the CS told me that i should receive something in the mail soon. he said everything looks ok and he wrote some nos on the status enquiry sheet that i filled out and he said he is going to put this thru and that it should not take long. that was a week ago. what about u?what exactly did they do that sped ur case? please let me know so that i could see if i could do the same too. in my case too the nc is completed a couple of months back still no update....this is by the way the first time in about 5 times that i have been there someone has been kind enough to d that

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everybody

Am a estactic about my GC coming but saw some alerts from CRIS which has confused me now. Can anybody who has gone through this please clarify.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On April 11 - I got emails from the system which says:

We mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later.

Then a week later I did get the welcome notice. The welcome notice didnt have any fingerprinting requirements and hence the next thing which happened was below.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On April 15, 2008 - I got another alert which said:

We ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you.

This ofcourse makes sense that the card was ordered for me

Then today i got this email from the system which sort of confuses me:

On April 21, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice.

Does this mean the actual card has been mailed or is this some other notice (similar to welcome).

Thanks

Hi everybody

Am a estactic about my GC coming but saw some alerts from CRIS which has confused me now. Can anybody who has gone through this please clarify.

On April 11 - I got emails from the system which says:

We mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later.

Then a week later I did get the welcome notice. The welcome notice didnt have any fingerprinting requirements and hence the next thing which happened was below.

On April 15, 2008 - I got another alert which said:

We ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you.

This ofcourse makes sense that the card was ordered for me

Then today i got this email from the system which sort of confuses me:

On April 21, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice.

Does this mean the actual card has been mailed or is this some other notice (similar to welcome).

Thanks

Your card has been mailed out so keep an eye and check ur mailbox , make sure you do not throw away any envelope ,

Nothing after re-finger printing

Hi all,
I have been very old member of this forum but wasn't posting lately.
As per my signeture, my case has been stuck in namecheck for more than 2 years.
I received fingerprint notice and went for that about a month ago. I belive that was because of that memo. I was hoping that this long ordeal will end soon but now I haven't heard any thing after my re-finger print. I have called 800# but they are not being very helpful. I am planning to take an infopass for next week. Whatelse can I do? Is anybody else there with similar situation?
We have moved to different state 3 months ago and did all the address change stuff. I received the FP notice at my new address so I believe they have my correct address in the system. My previous DO was Memphis and my current DO is Dallas.
Also when I called 800 # they said my case is not at DO but it is at Benifit center. Does that mean my IO had approved my case after interview and was just waiting for namecheck to be cleared and that is the reason it is at Benifit center?

I appriciate any help I can get.
I have a kind request to everyone to just post once you get your GC. So that people like us can know how long each steps takes.

I am in the same situation. refinger printing 6 weeks ago then no responces USelessCIS customer of no help. they told me my file is at NBC. contacted congressmans office who stated that my file is in Milwaukee and will be transferred to StPaul. I guess if you it may take infinite time for them to transfer your file. calls and contacts are almost no help. At least it has been the case so far

Hi all,
I have been very old member of this forum but wasn't posting lately.
As per my signeture, my case has been stuck in namecheck for more than 2 years.
I received fingerprint notice and went for that about a month ago. I belive that was because of that memo. I was hoping that this long ordeal will end soon but now I haven't heard any thing after my re-finger print. I have called 800# but they are not being very helpful. I am planning to take an infopass for next week. Whatelse can I do? Is anybody else there with similar situation?
We have moved to different state 3 months ago and did all the address change stuff. I received the FP notice at my new address so I believe they have my correct address in the system. My previous DO was Memphis and my current DO is Dallas.
Also when I called 800 # they said my case is not at DO but it is at Benifit center. Does that mean my IO had approved my case after interview and was just waiting for namecheck to be cleared and that is the reason it is at Benifit center?

I appriciate any help I can get.
I have a kind request to everyone to just post once you get your GC. So that people like us can know how long each steps takes.

The customer service at the 800 number do not know anything other than the case status that is posted on the webiste , they said that it was at NBC because ur case status says so , when u move states your files have to be transferred from the older DO to the New DO in your new state and transfer of files take a painful amount of time, those creeps dont know a thing and its a waste of time talking to them

Your best bet is to take an infopass and do the following

1) find out about ur name check if it is clear or not

2) you had been asked to take FP because ur FP's expired and not because of the name check memo

3) if ur name check is still pending then take a copy of the aytes memo and ask the officer why ur case is still pending

4) the officer will most probably say that ur file is not here and needs to be transferred

5) If he says what I mentioned in the point abovve u need to follow up with the officer who interviewed u , also write letters to the district director of ur new local office and also district director of the older office , make sure you make a cc to both in the respective letters , and make sure the letters are sent by certified mail , you can also write to the local congressman of ur area and his office can give u the exact information about ur files , I am million percent sure that ur files are at the older DO and needs to be transferred to a new DO

6) also write to the cisombudsman's office

I am in the same situation. refinger printing 6 weeks ago then no responces USelessCIS customer of no help. they told me my file is at NBC. contacted congressmans office who stated that my file is in Milwaukee and will be transferred to StPaul. I guess if you it may take infinite time for them to transfer your file. calls and contacts are almost no help. At least it has been the case so far

Remeron

as advised earlier please write letters to the district directors of milwaukee and st paul and mark a cc to each of them in ur letters also send a letter to the cis ombudsman , you have to be pretty persistent in following up with ur case , one letter wont do , atleast 2 letters a month..i hope ur case moves ahead soon , the whole process really sucks

Thanks remeron.
Have you tried Infopass? I will let you know what they will say in my infopass next week.

infopass people told me that milwaukee will make decision on my case as they interviewed me and that they do not need to get my file.
And I have probably 7 service request 5 letters from senators and congressman. laura bush and ombudsman. none of them helped.
only thing I have not done is writing to district directors.
I am thinking not to do anything next 2 weeks and see if the congressional Laisaion at the St Paul office able to do anything.

You have nothing to lose by writing to District Director, remind them of your pending case and send it by certified mail, it has helped some people in this forum,
infopass people told me that milwaukee will make decision on my case as they interviewed me and that they do not need to get my file.
And I have probably 7 service request 5 letters from senators and congressman. laura bush and ombudsman. none of them helped.
only thing I have not done is writing to district directors.
I am thinking not to do anything next 2 weeks and see if the congressional Laisaion at the St Paul office able to do anything.

The customer service at the 800 number do not know anything other than the case status that is posted on the webiste , they said that it was at NBC because ur case status says so , when u move states your files have to be transferred from the older DO to the New DO in your new state and transfer of files take a painful amount of time, those creeps dont know a thing and its a waste of time talking to them

Your best bet is to take an infopass and do the following

1) find out about ur name check if it is clear or not

2) you had been asked to take FP because ur FP's expired and not because of the name check memo

3) if ur name check is still pending then take a copy of the aytes memo and ask the officer why ur case is still pending

4) the officer will most probably say that ur file is not here and needs to be transferred

5) If he says what I mentioned in the point abovve u need to follow up with the officer who interviewed u , also write letters to the district director of ur new local office and also district director of the older office , make sure you make a cc to both in the respective letters , and make sure the letters are sent by certified mail , you can also write to the local congressman of ur area and his office can give u the exact information about ur files , I am million percent sure that ur files are at the older DO and needs to be transferred to a new DO

6) also write to the cisombudsman's office

Thanks franticsky. I will follow your suggetions. I will keep everyone updated.

Guys

I have great news. I finally got my GC in mail yesterday. After a 2.5 yr wait finally - was all set.

Really really happy. I will definitly be an active member and try to help others (as you see i had started this thread)

Thanks all for helping this thread.

Guys

I have great news. I finally got my GC in mail yesterday. After a 2.5 yr wait finally - was all set.

Really really happy. I will definitly be an active member and try to help others (as you see i had started this thread)

Congratulations Shahpr787

Guys

congrats!!!!:D I had a tear in my eyes for you. Go and celebrate!!!

Help!!!!!!!!!

Is there away to find out your name check clearance other than through INFOPASS. I have been reading the forum and it looks like the IOs are not telling the truth about the status of the NC. I wanted to know so that if I had my infopass I could walki n with my evidence stating that my name check has cleared. Please advise. Thanks:confused:

Look at 6,7 and 8. Probably 6 is your best bet!
http://immigrationroad.com/green-card/contact-uscis-fbi.php
Is there away to find out your name check clearance other than through INFOPASS. I have been reading the forum and it looks like the IOs are not telling the truth about the status of the NC. I wanted to know so that if I had my infopass I could walki n with my evidence stating that my name check has cleared. Please advise. Thanks:confused:

Second AoS interview in light of Feb-2008 FBI NameCheck memo

April-2007 family based filing and Namecheck Update. USC (citizen) married to H1B. Newark, NJ Distric Office:

They have asked us to show 2007 taxes to confirm whether we filed
jointly (and confirming USC's ability to continue to financially
support family) USC's employment letter and/or recent paystubs
(we handed the officer bank-statement as well). Just in case,
we had joint utility-bill copies as well, but he didn't ask
further proof. Office specifically asked: You guys are living
together, and haven't seperated or haven't

It seems the thrust is to make sure whether we are continue
to be happily married and living together.

We've asked whether this second interview is due to the
February USCIS namecheck memo update. Officer said "yes"

Reading from other notes, it seems - some folks have been
getting card-production ordered e-mail directly (without
the second interview), but while somebody saying they also
got similar 2nd interview. We are not sure who is getting
second interview, and who is getting the card directly !!

May be because we were on a trip outside US ? (to make sure
we return, and not abandoning the 485 process .. dunno!)

He took back EAD (I-765), both Advance Parole documents (one
was used-up recently to return to US). Then, approved the 485
application, Stamped the passport

2/16/07 I-130 filed to California Processing center - based on Green-Card of spouse
4/10/07 Request for upgrade of I-130 to United States Citizen (recently become USC)
4/10/07 I-485, I-765, I-131, I-693 & I-864 - USPS Express mail to Chicago Lockbox
4/16/07 CRIS - Notice/priority date
4/29/07 Received FP letter
5/19/07 Biometric appointment (Newark)
5/08/07 CRIS - 485 - RFE for ORIGINAL Birth Certificate
6/02/07 CRIS - 130 - Case got transferred from Calif (CSC) to National Benefits Center (NBC)
6/06/07 CRIS - 485 - RFE answered - Original BC sent
6/19/07 CRIS - 485 - Case received and pending
6/23/07 CRIS - 765 - Card production ordered
6/23/07 CRIS - 131 - Approval Notice (online update)
6/29/07 CRIS - 765 - EAD Card Arrived
7/07/07 CRIS - 131 - Advance Parole received
7/07/07 CRIS - 485 - Interview Notice received
8/16/07 CRIS - 485 - AOS Interview Scheduled - APPROVED and STAMPED in Passport! - Card to arrive in 3-4 weeks..
8/17/07 CRIS - 485 - Interview Office called (on our cell) to indicate - it was an error on her part
to have stamped on the passport, as Namecheck did not clear yet (she claimed
she did not check it when she stamped our passport the day before). She said us to
to Mark that stamp with RED pen, and write CWOP (Cancelled Without Prejudice). As expected, Card did not arrive!)
1/2008 - Taken a trip home
4/2008 - Returned back using Advanced Parole (on AoS status)
4/28/08 CRIS - 485 - Second AoS interview went successfull, 485 Approved, stamped passport.
4/28/08 CRIS - 485 - E-mail update on case: Card production ordered e-mail received by the evening, fast !!
4/28/08 CRIS - 485 and 130 LUD (Latest Update Date) of 4/28/08 on USCIS case-status website

They have asked us to show 2007 taxes, USC's employment letter and/or
recent paystubs (we handed the officer bank-statement as well).