FBI Name Check

reply to "service request"

just got the email in response for service request placed by me

The systems show that your application has not
been approved and is still pending. Therefore, we request that you
schedule an INFOPASS appointment at www.uscis.gov to discuss your pending
application with your local District Office.

just got the email in response for service request placed by me

The systems show that your application has not
been approved and is still pending. Therefore, we request that you
schedule an INFOPASS appointment at www.uscis.gov to discuss your pending
application with your local District Office.
Go ahead make an infopass. If they don't give you a deal file a lawsuit, do it by yourself, you will win the case due to the Feb 4th memo. reseach in this site about writ of mandamus.
I am not a lawyer but I was a pro se wom filer.

CP processing stuck in Name Check!?!

Hi there,

I have recently joined this portal & lots of very valuable information, thank you all for contributing!

Here is my situation, I’ve applied for my father via CP in Ankara (Turkey). He has gone through all the steps including the interview process. They told him as soon as his name is cleared his case number will be posted on consulate website and he can come to get his visa. This happened April of 2007 and we still don’t see his case number on that site. I have called the info line dozens of times and they keep telling me that one of the agencies need more time and his case is pending processing. Given all this, what can I do to expedite the processing? Are they just feeding me a line? If anyone could be so kind to point me in the right direction, I would be very grateful.

1. Sponsor receives I-864 fee bill (COMPLETED)
1a. Immigrant receives nomination of agent form. (COMPLETED)
2. Agent receives I-864 instructions (COMPLETED)
3. Agent receives DS-230 fee bill (COMPLETED)
4. Agent receives DS-230 instructions (COMPLETED)
5. Immigrant receives paperwork package for medical, interview etc. (COMPLETED)
6. Interview at local consulate (COMPLETED)
7. DS-230 is issued (STUCK HERE FOR MORE THAN A YEAR!!)

People:
I was stuck in NC for 2 years as well... the March 10 Memo got me my GC.
Read my other posts... I suggest you keep calling the USICS about your case.
My experience with InfoPass has been that it dosent help.
Calling seems to get a better response... call, and call again.
Tell the CSR simply that you are outside the processing times and are affected by the March 10 USCIS Memo specifically regarding your case.
Make sure you get transferred to an IO. The CSR cant help you.
Good luck to you all !

Go ahead make an infopass. If they don't give you a deal file a lawsuit, do it by yourself, you will win the case due to the Feb 4th memo. reseach in this site about writ of mandamus.
I am not a lawyer but I was a pro se wom filer.

i went on infopass today morning , the officer says the file been sent to NBC on january 29th :confused:, the case is pending with them:confused:

hey prakash,
isnt that contradictory to your previous updates. coz i think the file is sent to the NBC after te approval. that is after the successful interview and the bc are completed and then the IO approves the case. i dont believe a word they say. read my previous posts. my int was at Garden City. where was yours? i am waiting for my approval from Dec 4th.

hey prakash,
isnt that contradictory to your previous updates. coz i think the file is sent to the NBC after te approval. that is after the successful interview and the bc are completed and then the IO approves the case. i dont believe a word they say. read my previous posts. my int was at Garden City. where was yours? i am waiting for my approval from Dec 4th.

my case was with NBC, my case number starts with MSC, i do not know how it works, when i had interview in jan 22nd i was told that "aproved pending background chk", 3 weeks back on Infopass the officer told me that " background check is clear , pending decision by a officer", its the same message today too , the officer at the counter keep saying it is normal process , the file was sent to NBC on 29th January? it means the case sitting on a desk in NBC waiting for signature by a official? i do not know it is really confusing...

my DO is Houston.

I got an email notification "Card production ordered" yesterday, after almost 2 years of waiting. Good luck to the people who are waiting for GC.

i had my interview yesterday. If you all remember i had them scheduled twice in 2007 and they were both cancelled pending name check.
My GC was approved and she stamped my passport as well. I also received LUDs today. Is the consensus that it takes 2 weeks after "new card ordered" email for us to get the card? My interview was in St albans vt.

congratulations, could you please post your time lines? Was it a employment based case? Was you Name check cleared?
i had my interview yesterday. If you all remember i had them scheduled twice in 2007 and they were both cancelled pending name check.
My GC was approved and she stamped my passport as well. I also received LUDs today. Is the consensus that it takes 2 weeks after "new card ordered" email for us to get the card? My interview was in St albans vt.

congratulations, could you please post your time lines? Was it a employment based case? Was you Name check cleared?

Hi,
I applied nov 06. original interview scheduled for Jan 07 which was canceled. had interview mar 26th,08 and then she stamped passport right then. Name check is still pending but 485 still approved. Not sure how long it will actually take for the name check to clear.

- JSB

Congratulations! Your link is broken, please correct. Can you please describe how the congressmans's office was of help. As in response to my inquiries, the congressional liaison emailed back to congressman;s office that my case was under review blah blah.. and doesn't qualify under the memo and there're "unresolved issues" and no time estimate could be given on how long it would take
Did you ask her to request adjudication based on the memo?
I just got my approval email.

Starting to end : 2000-2008. I'm really on cloud 9 at this moment. And yes, it happened due to Feb memo and continuously calling USCIS Cali Svc Center and then contacting congressman's office.

I've posted my response in other thread. Here is the link, *might* be of some help:

http://boards.immigration.com/showth...=276167&page=2

NYC I-485 processing time went backwards!!!

On the web posted on Feb15,2008, it was processing I-485 on 5/14/2007.
Today the new processing time posted is 4/15/2007!

I filed on 4/25/2007 and fit the new memo category. All of sudden, it is in normal processing time again. I called 1-800, they said they can't disclose the reason why the processing time went backwards. I should wait till it is beyond normal processing time again.

Infopass

I just came back form an INFOPASS and was informed by the officer at the counter that my case in the desk of the Adjudicator, he says it could be under hundreds of files he/she has to review. I ask the officer if I should file my renewal for I-765 since is going to expired within 90 days (jul 02-08) he recommended not to do that. for me that's good news !!!!

i just came from the DO in Garden City where i was interviewed and they tell me the file is in Fed plaza. could it be possible? he tells me the case is under invesigation to which i asked if it is 'BC and he tells me could be. the officer told me at the interview that he is going to approve the case. my concern is the discrepancy in the status. couple of months back when i checked once i was told that the file is in fed plaza. after i was told by members of thus forum that that is highly unlikely i went back to Garden City and then they told me that the case is in Garden City pending BC. anyone experienced thus or in a similar situation?

the mail i sent to District Director in certified mail , came back today with same ol letter saying " we do not accept any mail, or FAX blah Blah"...

Still Questions!

I've a question. Sorry...but I actually noticed people get their Card production email/update first and then welcome or approval.

However, I got the welcome letter first. Now, I'm wondering what's going on?

Does it sound okay? (seems like this thing will never end-namely worries!!) I'm just worried why my one is backward?

Thanks!