FBI Name Check

PD is always current for marriage based cases , there is no visa allocation here , its always available

thanks for the info. I think, for GC holder's spouse there is an issue of visa # being available...not for Citizen though as far as I know.

When my husband filled I-130 for me , I had to wait till 2004 when a visa # was available. Though he became citizen last year...we didn't call USCIS to update it cause now I guess there is no point as only thing pending is name check for me.

But the whole visa # availibility thing got me confused here with pd still being current and that's why I asked.

Many thanks for your reply!

Last edited by a moderator:
Info on NC

hi everyone,

I have just done my biometrics under code3 few days ago.
Now as per the information posted on this forum its time for NC by FBI.
My question is will they inform me whenever they are done?
Is there anyway that I can check the status online with them??
Generally How much time will they take???
Can I get more information on this process????

Any information on this topic will be highly appreciated.

thanks for the info. I think, for GC holder's spouse there is an issue of visa # being available...not for Citizen though as far as I know.

When my husband filled I-130 for me , I had to wait till 2004 when a visa # was available. Though he became citizen last year...we didn't call USCIS to update it cause now I guess there is no point as only thing pending is name check for me.

But the whole visa # availibility thing got me conused here with pd still being current and that's why I asked.

Many thanks for your reply!

see if u can update the uscis about ur spouse's citizenship status it might speed up things for u , because uscis might think that ur spouse is still a perm resident and hence they will never take u out of that visa availability Q

hi everyone,

I have just done my biometrics under code3 few days ago.
Now as per the information posted on this forum its time for NC by FBI.
My question is will they inform me whenever they are done?
Is there anyway that I can check the status online with them??
Generally How much time will they take???
Can I get more information on this process????

Any information on this topic will be highly appreciated.

they will not inform u about anything , fbi will contact uscis directly , there is no time limit for fbi name checks , however uscis is now approving application if name checks has been pending for more than 6 months

Name Check

they will not inform u about anything , fbi will contact uscis directly , there is no time limit for fbi name checks , however uscis is now approving application if name checks has been pending for more than 6 months

Thanks a lot for replying and for your info.

franticsky, I just wanted to let you know....

I had my interview March 12 and was approved and stamped there. I had an LUD that day for I485 and it said card production ordered. There was an LUD for my I130, but it still said case received and pending.

Today I received 2 USCIS emails, first saying I130 "Approval notice sent" and mailed March 13, other for I485 saying "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident" also mailed March 13.

I see you've been wondering if people have received the welcome email/mail, and just thought I'd pass my time line along to you.

Thanks canuck

canuck , thank you , actually i receiived the welcome email , card prod emails , the thing is lot of folks who also received card prod emails received another email on 14th march saying " approval notice sent " , i did not receive this email , thats why am a little concerned

i have received the welcome notice in the mail on 11th

Suprised that they even send emails on sunday , but again its an automated system

Congrats

canuck , thank you , actually i receiived the welcome email , card prod emails , the thing is lot of folks who also received card prod emails received another email on 14th march saying " approval notice sent " , i did not receive this email , thats why am a little concerned

i have received the welcome notice in the mail on 11th

Suprised that they even send emails on sunday , but again its an automated system

Congrats

The Approval Notice Sent email that I got was for I130, which I see you've gotten, too. Are you talking about one for I485? Hmmm...

I'm sure it'll be fine. :) It's weird... I've check the USCIS site everyday and today there's a LUD with info they mailed March 13th. The site is screwy.

The Approval Notice Sent email that I got was for I130, which I see you've gotten, too. Are you talking about one for I485? Hmmm...

I'm sure it'll be fine. :) It's weird... I've check the USCIS site everyday and today there's a LUD with info they mailed March 13th. The site is screwy.

Yes basically the approval notice sent email means that they have sent the card , you must have got it for ur EAD as well , card prod emails as well as approval notice sent email

Hi swap81 and prakashtirupati. I am in the same boat too. I am from India. No welcome mail. When I called they said that they have initiated a bacground check and should wait another 6 months. It sucks. Have been waiting for nearly 5 years.
HI prakashtirupati, what DO are u from? we are in the same boat.

Not really sure where I sit

Just called The customer service and talked to an officer out of Los Angeles. He confirmed that the only thing left on the case was Name Check. I went in to get my finger prints renewed on March 6, 2008. He told me that the officer who initially took your interview got the fingerprints.

He couldnt really answer any other questions all he said was make an infopass. Dont know what the best corse of action would be. Should I just wait it out or should i go in for an infopass. BTW I have changed states after my interview was done.

Secondly. I did not really get the name and contact information of the officer who interview me as I did not think it would be important at that time. Is there a way to find out the name and preferably the email address of the officer who interviewed me.

Thanks

Still nothing....

I called USCIS 800 number on 3/11 and was told to wait for another 24 days! I went for an infopass on 3/14 and was told that my case is still pending. I asked whether my case has been recognized as the case to be affected by the memo, the answer is they have no idea. I said USCIS website said those cases should be processed by middle March, they said they don't have that many people and funding.

I am still in the black hold and don't know when the memo light can shred on my case.

Is there anybody else in the same boat as me? Or you all have luck with the memo already.

I am in the same boat as you are. Planning to go for an infopass. But I don't think that will help either. Should we start a new thread something like "Post March 10 thread - lets track what response each of us are getting"
I called USCIS 800 number on 3/11 and was told to wait for another 24 days! I went for an infopass on 3/14 and was told that my case is still pending. I asked whether my case has been recognized as the case to be affected by the memo, the answer is they have no idea. I said USCIS website said those cases should be processed by middle March, they said they don't have that many people and funding.

I am still in the black hold and don't know when the memo light can shred on my case.

Is there anybody else in the same boat as me? Or you all have luck with the memo already.

You will get your GC this week.

did u receive any email saying "approval notice mailed " ?

Franticsky,

Got your PM. Yes. I also got "approval notice sent" email from USCIS after card production emails. I guess this is USCIS's way of finally closing your case or something.

In any event, you should get your GC this week. Congratulations.

Just called The customer service and talked to an officer out of Los Angeles. He confirmed that the only thing left on the case was Name Check. I went in to get my finger prints renewed on March 6, 2008. He told me that the officer who initially took your interview got the fingerprints.

He couldnt really answer any other questions all he said was make an infopass. Dont know what the best corse of action would be. Should I just wait it out or should i go in for an infopass. BTW I have changed states after my interview was done.

Sorry to hear that , please make an infopass and carry the name check memo with you and ask them as to why ur case is still pending , also write a letter to the district director of ur DO and definitely something will move , also CC that letter to the officer who interviewed you , you have to be very persistent , keep sending letters , but make sure u send a letter to the distrct director

If you changed states then there is a file transfer involved so you have to first see if ur file has been transferred from the older office , but like u mentioned the officer has ur finger print result i assume that ur case is presently at the district office where u live

Franticsky,

Got your PM. Yes. I also got "approval notice sent" email from USCIS after card production emails. I guess this is USCIS's way of finally closing your case or something.

In any event, you should get your GC this week. Congratulations.

Thanks MThakkar , actually i received the "approval notice sent email this morning at 7:30" was a relief

FINALLY!! guys!!

after 2+year of waiting, my I485 is FINALLY approved.

i was more expecting a "thank you for but still pending" letter from uscis than the actual approval email, because i called and visited to the local office few weeks ago. both gave me the same response, "my case falls into the "eligable approved case" bucket", which means that uscis is required to send me the greencard because it is more than 180days.

i guess you guys should try to call and ask to an officer if your case falls into the eligable bucket.

i have not actually received the card yet, but it usually takes about a week to arrive according to some posts here.

guys, we are finally seeing some light in the tunnel....just be patient...

FINALLY!! guys!!

after 2+year of waiting, my I485 is FINALLY approved.

i was more expecting a "thank you for but still pending" letter from uscis than the actual approval email, because i called and visited to the local office few weeks ago. both gave me the same response, "my case falls into the "eligable approved case" bucket", which means that uscis is required to send me the greencard because it is more than 180days.

i guess you guys should try to call and ask to an officer if your case falls into the eligable bucket.

i have not actually received the card yet, but it usually takes about a week to arrive according to some posts here.

guys, we are finally seeing some light in the tunnel....just be patient...

Congrats! I came thru the same way as yours. So wonderful to see people happy :)