FBI Name Check

sr9x,

Thanks for your note. No smiley will ever be expressive enough to show what one feels after the wait is over, cheers to you!

noar

I am sponsoring my father's GC. Today we were told USCIS is still waiting for the result of biometric (not fingerprint, what is that?) and name and background check. I heard these name and background check could take long time. I would like to know if name check and background check are the same thing, how they do it, anyway to expedite the process? Anybody here whose parents have the same issue?

please advise

My file has still not been transferred from the NSC , i checked the processing times and found that the processing time for my older 140 filed by my prev employer has already passed its processing times

Shall I send a letter to the NY district director and seek help ?

Hi shahpr787,

I have very similar timeline and situation to you. I am on H-1B married to USC and DO is Newark, NJ.

I just received a letter yesterday to get re-fingerprinted for my I-485. I am guessing that means my namecheck is finally been cleared. I had been in namecheck for more than 15 months. That's reason my initial FP in september, 2006 expired.

In last two months, I did write letter to Ombudsman, the immmigration officer with whom I had my interview in March of this year, Mrs. Laura Bush and my senator Bob Menedez. I personally don't think any of that helped except USCIS now expediting older namechecks. And yes you do get a case number back from Ombudsman. (somebody else was asking about it)

You will get through this as well. Keep your faith and keep on writing letters asking for attention and help.

Good luck.

Not to be putting a wet blanket on your joy but I thought that the USCIS asked you get re-fingerprinted every 15 months or so. Can anyone else comment on whether the re-fingerprinting indicates progress on NC?

THanks

NC and Fingerprinting

I was informed by my local office that until my namecheck is complete they will not redo my fingerprints even if they have expired. Not sure how much truth is in it guess time will tell.

jsb,

You raise a valid point. I am trying to find out by calling 1-800-375-5283 but the rep is not able to tell me anything on NC. Do you thing the supervisors have access to that information?

Thanks

Not to be putting a wet blanket on your joy but I thought that the USCIS asked you get re-fingerprinted every 15 months or so. Can anyone else comment on whether the re-fingerprinting indicates progress on NC?

THanks

Nope. My FP's were taken in 2005. I got stuck in the NC and it finally cleared on Dec 10th 07. I got the letter asking for new FP's 2 weeks later.

mthakkar,

Infopass might be helpful to get the status on NC. I also had a similar situation ,had my 2nd finger printing on 12/08/07 and got my GC yesterday.I was stuck in the NC for 2 years.

All the best.

I was informed by my local office that until my namecheck is complete they will not redo my fingerprints even if they have expired. Not sure how much truth is in it guess time will tell.

if your fingerprints have expired and you havent received ur GC , you will have to give fingerprints again

THanks

Fingerprinting again does not mean that the name check has cleared .fingerprinting and name checks are two different things , but i do hope everyone's name check clears soon

Hello,
I had my finger prints for I-485 taken way back in Aug 2005 and since then i had my interview in october 2005 and have been waiting on back ground check till recently. My congressmans office emailed me that my background check cleared in spetember but my FP expired and I should get a notice for FP soon. I made an infopass appt last week and talked to the officer and he said that the FP notice was sent to the old address and he asked me to do walk in last saturday which i did. So it seems like what the officer told you was true. Even though my FP expired they didnt reschedule me till after the background check cleared.

So now I have to wait patiently till the next step from USCIS. any one know what happens next? In the infopass appt the officer said they no more stamp the passport. Is that right?

Thanks in advance.

Greencard

Rajeshch,

I guess you will get your greencard in the mail. Unless, the immigration raised any issues about anything else.

When were you re-fingerprinted? Did you get any welcome notice registering permanent resident status?

Rajeshch,

I guess you will get your greencard in the mail. Unless, the immigration raised any issues about anything else.

When were you re-fingerprinted? Did you get any welcome notice registering permanent resident status?

I was re-finngerprinted on jan 12th. My info pass appt was on jan 7th. the officer said that my FPs were the only ones that need to be done which is stopping the process. No i havent got any welcome notice registering permanent resident status. I have no clue on what to expect next. Will I be asked to come to the local office again for stamping or will they just mail me something to my mail address? Also is there any other check that will be done based on the new finger prints?

You should get Greencard!

Rajeshch,

There is no extra step. Make sure USCIS has your right address and you will get your welcome notice, greencard. (May be just green card).

Make an infopass appt for around february second week if you don't anything untill then.

Congratulations!!!!

Rajeshch,

There is no extra step. Make sure USCIS has your right address and you will get your welcome notice, greencard. (May be just green card).

Make an infopass appt for around february second week if you don't anything untill then.

Congratulations!!!!

Thank You buddy. I changed my address with USCIS an year back and they still sent my FP notice to old address. But the immigration officer in my infopass appt checked on my record and said he has the current addres. Hopefully they will mail the info to the right address.

I was re-finngerprinted on jan 12th. My info pass appt was on jan 7th. the officer said that my FPs were the only ones that need to be done which is stopping the process. No i havent got any welcome notice registering permanent resident status. I have no clue on what to expect next. Will I be asked to come to the local office again for stamping or will they just mail me something to my mail address? Also is there any other check that will be done based on the new finger prints?

Well if your fingerprints were done on the 12th.. I can't see you getting anything at least for a week or two.

When i found out about my name being cleared, the IO told me that i was gonna get my FP letter/appt and that i could get another infopass after the FP's to tell them that everything was done.

My FP were done Jan 8th and i got an infopass for the 10th, then the IO wrote what looked as an internal memo and wrote down my info and wrote at the bottom: "Name Cleared and Fingerprints done, waiting only for final decision". He said that this memo was directed to the supervisor who had my case. I expect good news soon...:D .. not sure what soon means, probably 2 or 3 weeks. ;)

Hi All,
My NC was initiated in June 07. Interview was in July. I haven't had any LUD's since the interview date. Today I had LUD's on all three (485, 130, 765). Could this mean anything??

The message hasn't changed at all since the interview....any insight??

Thanks a lot folks, and good luck to everyone.

Hi Sak,

I have been in a similar situation. I filed in Nov 06 and they actually scheduled and cancelled 2 interviews (jan and feb 07) and then have said that I was pending NC, without ever completing the interview. I got LUDs on my 131 and 485 on July 22nd and then only on the i485 on the 26th but nothing has happened since.
I wonder if its required for them to open pending files every 6 months to see if something new has happened.

- JB

Thanks for the reply jsb, not sure if our instances of LUD's are similar, but who knows if there any rhyme or reason to it.

To clarify, my interview was done on July 13th, and I was "approved" pending the NC. The last LUD's I had pertained to the 131 approval (which was maybe July 14th or 15th). Yesterday, I got LUD's on all three (two of which are already approved).

Its probably nothing, but I made an infopass anyway, to see they can tell me what the LUD's were for.

Last edited by a moderator: