FBI Name Check

franticsky

A-a-a, I see now, will keep fingers crossed for you. And, again, your situation looks like yet another confirmation that LUDs are extremely unreliable....

As for me, I am going to do my FP for EAD renewal afternoon, even though online status already says "Card production ordered"...

Rambela, yeah go for it. My DO is Philly as well. I agree abt unreliable LUDs; my I-130 was approved in Sept, and I never got any LUDs on that! I am really hoping that we all get cleared real soon :) Please share if you get any info about name-check clearances in the Philly DO. All the best :)

Thanks K ambrose , I am not done yet , they still have to transfer a file from Nebraska to the Garden City office , the officer will have to combine those two files and then approve the case , but yes a big headache is gone , i wud say book an infopass i am sure urs and all others are clear too

I see. Why Nebraska,though? Is there were all the name-check cases go to? But like you wrote, the biggest hurdle has been overcome, now just have to wait a couple of weeks or so for the card. I'm sure you're THRILLED to bits :) :)

LUDS are unreliable that seems to be true because for my AP it still shows received and pending whereas I have the Approved copies with me

Last edited by a moderator:
I see. Why Nebraska,though? Is there were all the name-check cases go to? But like you wrote, the biggest hurdle has been overcome, now just have to wait a couple of weeks or so for the card. I'm sure you're THRILLED to bits :) :)

Actually my previous employer also started my GC process , they had filed an I-140 petition at the Nebraska Service Center , and this is the reason I have two A files in the system , the officer at the interview told me that he has requested the file from there , and this was also confirmed by my congressman's office , the officer has to combine my present A file with the previous A file and then approve the case , the only thing is now when , i hope not long

franticsky

congrats franticsky on ur name check clearance.. this is the major hurdle !!!
now keep caling them and bugging them till they complete their review

woo hooo

Congratulations,
i dont know status of my name check yet,
But i think We both are in same situations, thats why probably we didn't get the approval letter mail or online.
However i am away and not sure of namecheck, so i ave wait for the file transfer to see online LUD, or comeback and schedule an infopass.
I am sure you will be preaparing a letter for file transfer :)
good luck to us, goodside atleast you dont need to wait 5 years :)

Thanks K ambrose , I am not done yet , they still have to transfer a file from Nebraska to the Garden City office , the officer will have to combine those two files and then approve the case , but yes a big headache is gone , i wud say book an infopass i am sure urs and all others are clear too

Congrats Franticsky!!! That's awesome... still nothing here. I am jealous... all of you are getting your names cleared... hopefully we will get it ours soon.

Thank you

Thank you very much for all your good wishes everyone has been so supportive and helpful althrough this ordeal , a big thanks to all of you again , although my journey has not ended till the file from Nebraska gets to Garden City , but clearing this name check has been really a relief , please do not hesitate to contact me anytime if i can be of help to anyone i will share all the info thank you all !!

I wish everyone gets their approvals before christmas , so that long seperated families can be together and celebrate together

Congratulations,
i dont know status of my name check yet,
But i think We both are in same situations, thats why probably we didn't get the approval letter mail or online.
However i am away and not sure of namecheck, so i ave wait for the file transfer to see online LUD, or comeback and schedule an infopass.
I am sure you will be preaparing a letter for file transfer :)
good luck to us, goodside atleast you dont need to wait 5 years :)

I am sure urs is also done , i do hope they transfer the file soon , yes already finished typing the letter for file transfer , to supervisor garden city , supervisoor federal plaza , supervisor nebraska , congressman , senator and ombudsman :eek::eek:

Congrats !!!! franticsky

Happy for you!
Hi

I had an infopass today , the IO mentiooned that my name check is clear , now I have to wait for a file which has to be transferred from the nebraska center to garden city and i think i will be done , however i do not have any lud's

received an email from USCIS saying that Card has been ordered. I had to wait for 6 months after the AOS interview - pending Name check.

Wooooohooooooooooo!!! I am very happy. I was just going to apply for my EAD extensions. 300$ saved.

Interview held in San Jose (Monterey Rd)
Filed GC
3/21/07: (130, 485, 864, 693 )sent
03/24/2007 : RD
03/28/07: ND
04/02/2007: cashed
04/04/2007: Receipts in Mail
04/14/07:FP Notice Date
04/21/2007: Interview letter for May 24th 10:30 AM at SJC
05/02/07: FP Taken (485, 765)
05/03/07: Last Update (LUD) 485, 765
05/24/07: Interview Taken Today (Went well, FBI BGC pending )
No LUD's on my I-485 after 3/24/2007 and then this one came in my email
11/30/2007: I-485 Card production ordered

received an email from USCIS saying that Card has been ordered. I had to wait for 6 months after the AOS interview - pending Name check.

Wooooohooooooooooo!!! I am very happy. I was just going to apply for my EAD extensions. 300$ saved.

Interview held in San Jose (Monterey Rd)
Filed GC
3/21/07: (130, 485, 864, 693 )sent
03/24/2007 : RD
03/28/07: ND
04/02/2007: cashed
04/04/2007: Receipts in Mail
04/14/07:FP Notice Date
04/21/2007: Interview letter for May 24th 10:30 AM at SJC
05/02/07: FP Taken (485, 765)
05/03/07: Last Update (LUD) 485, 765
05/24/07: Interview Taken Today (Went well, FBI BGC pending )
No LUD's on my I-485 after 3/24/2007 and then this one came in my email
11/30/2007: I-485 Card production ordered

Congratulations :)

Received card today and we are officially off the wait train. Hope things would be lot better in three years when we apply for Citizenship.

Hi

I had an infopass today , the IO mentiooned that my name check is clear , now I have to wait for a file which has to be transferred from the nebraska center to garden city and i think i will be done , however i do not have any lud's

Congratulation franticsky, I know you feel relieved!!!!

You are one step closer.

Again congrats

Hi Rambela,
How did your FP appointment go this afternoon? Any info about name-check clearance etc?

You know, its funny. To tell you the whole story...
$340 for EAD renewal is a serious dent in my budget, so before filing it, I scheduled an InfoPass in late October. I came in with the entire EAD renewal package on me (form, check, photos. etc). The lady, herself looking like a naturalized immigrant, did not give a damn. She was polite but immediately let me know by body language and a very carefully chosen choice of words that I am of less interest to her than her nail polish. She even refused to tell me when my NC was initiated. Of course, she refused to take my EAD renewal into the USCIS intraoffice mail.

I walked down to Walnut St and mailed it by certified mail. Some 5 days later I received an ACS appointment for fingerprinting and my online status changed to "undelivered mail". So I called the (mis)information line and informed them that I have not moved and still reside at the same very address as 6 years ago. Later that day I received a non-standard email from CRIS informing me that my biometrics will be rescanned from my I-485 into me EAD renewal and that I should receive the EAD card in three weeks.

On November 26 I got a LUD saying that they ordered the card (EAD) on November 23. On November 27 the status changed again, this time saying that they ordered the card on November 27.

So on November 30, I complied with the notice for EAD-related FP and came to the Eight Street, where they did code 2 in like 20 minutes and were indeed friendly. There is no point in asking people at ASC about namecheck because all they do is FP, NC is to be checked at DO.

Today is Dec 1 and I do not have anything - not even a FP-related LUD for EAD renewal... not to mention I-485....

Hopefully, this answers your question. As for me, I am about to start taking anti-depression medications...

You know, its funny. To tell you the whole story...
$340 for EAD renewal is a serious dent in my budget, so before filing it, I scheduled an InfoPass in late October. I came in with the entire EAD renewal package on me (form, check, photos. etc). The lady, herself looking like a naturalized immigrant, did not give a damn. She was polite but immediately let me know by body language and a very carefully chosen choice of words that I am of less interest to her than her nail polish. She even refused to tell me when my NC was initiated. Of course, she refused to take my EAD renewal into the USCIS intraoffice mail.

I walked down to Walnut St and mailed it by certified mail. Some 5 days later I received an ACS appointment for fingerprinting and my online status changed to "undelivered mail". So I called the (mis)information line and informed them that I have not moved and still reside at the same very address as 6 years ago. Later that day I received a non-standard email from CRIS informing me that my biometrics will be rescanned from my I-485 into me EAD renewal and that I should receive the EAD card in three weeks.

On November 26 I got a LUD saying that they ordered the card (EAD) on November 23. On November 27 the status changed again, this time saying that they ordered the card on November 27.

So on November 30, I complied with the notice for EAD-related FP and came to the Eight Street, where they did code 2 in like 20 minutes and were indeed friendly. There is no point in asking people at ASC about namecheck because all they do is FP, NC is to be checked at DO.

Today is Dec 1 and I do not have anything - not even a FP-related LUD for EAD renewal... not to mention I-485....

Hopefully, this answers your question. As for me, I am about to start taking anti-depression medications...

Rambela, sorry to hear about the troubles you had to go through. About the LUDs and online status; I wouldn't rely on those too much. For instance, I've clearly received approval for the I-130 but the status online still shows," Received and pending." Don't despair; our I-485 is coming soon. Be positive. Keep the faith. We will be cleared very very soon!

Finally Name Check Cleared !!!!

I have checked my status online today, and noticed that I had LUDs on both my I-485 and my I-130 from 11/30.
My I-485 says: Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident. My I-130 says: Current Status: Approval notice sent.

So, my namecheck has cleared. The whole process has taken about 5 months, including namecheck. I hope everyone's namecheck clears soon, and you too will be done!
Good Luck

I have checked my status online today, and noticed that I had LUDs on both my I-485 and my I-130 from 11/30.
My I-485 says: Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident. My I-130 says: Current Status: Approval notice sent.

So, my namecheck has cleared. The whole process has taken about 5 months, including namecheck. I hope everyone's namecheck clears soon, and you too will be done!
Good Luck

Wow, congratulations, Lenova :) Great news. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers so that the rest of us get our approval soon. Again, happy for you, CONGRATULATIONS!! :)