FBI Name Check

Hi All,

The purpose of this thread is to have timelines for people stuck in namecheck.
All these people are GC Pending but have had their Interview

Also if any of you have information related to this - please pm me or share it so that I could add the link and it can be benefecial to everybody.

Note: Please do not put this message in quote when replying.

HTML:
Interview     FP Date        ND        Country             ScreenName
02/16/05      07/14/06                  Slovakia            Milota
08/11/05      05/18/05    07/07/03                          OceanID99 
11/xx/05      10/14/05                  India               rajeshch 
01/09/06      07/19/05                  India               AK
01/24/06      05/06/05                  India               amishah
01/24/06      07/07/05                  India               sammy1877
02/xx/06                  10/xx/05                          answersinthis
03/20/06      07/21/05    07/07/05      India               jparikh1
03/xx/06                  11/xx/05                          imcaffeine
06/12/06      03/31/06                  India               cs2004
06/27/06      02/22/06    02/22/06      India               shahpr787
06/29/06      03/08/06                  India               tapskap
06/29/06      04/08/06    01/06/06      Hong Kong           Bochuchow
10/30/06      05/11/06    04/26/06      India               indian_4

The information from the above list will be moved to below list when the person is approved
HTML:
Interview     FP Date        ND        Country        ScreenName   Approval Dt

07/07/06      04/04/06    03/22/06    Philippines     eugene176    07/26/06
06/26/06      04/18/06                England         UnionJax     08/15/06
06/29/06      04/15/06    03/02/06    Pakistan        IP_everywhere08/20/06
07/31/06      04/18/06    04/03/06    England         ndc121
08/24/06      06/06/06                    India           miamilover   09/11/06
10/26/04      07/01/04                    India           memme        11/08/06
11/19/04      11/29/04                    Pakistan        EricNeesGC  12/01/06
05/09/06      01/09/06                    China           Hiddendragon38 
05/18/06      03/08/06    11/16/05    Malaysia        cwtt
06/05/06      03/14/06                    India           immg
02/14/06      12/01/05    10/20/05    China           appleyao
01/27/06      12/14/05                    India           siri80
06/xx/04      10/xx/03                     India           GCWaitLA
01/26/07      11/xx/06                    India           jharih1            11/27/2007
Good Links having more information regarding this:

The FBI's VISA Name Check Process - Congressional Testimony

FBI - Website - National Name Check Program—Frequently Asked Questions

PDF Document

Submitting a Case Problem, CIS Ombudsman

Threads

FBI Namechk n FOIA - Comparison n Filing Instructions

Suing USCIS Thread

Writ of Mandamus - Instructions and Procedure

More on Suing

EricNees GC very informative Thread

NO MORE WOM

New Namecheck Process Hopefully

Various Letter Formats

Also guys if anybody finds informative links regarding Name Check - please send me a PM with the info and I will update it here. I may miss it sometimes if posted in the thread
yes

FBI Delays To End

Immigration Daily has learned that the FBI name check delays that have stalled benefit applications may soon be a thing of the past. We understand that the Executive branch will soon provide name check clearances within a prescribed amount of time. If the clearance is not completed within the designated timeframe, the benefit will be approved by USCIS while the FBI continues to work on the security process in parallel. The rationale to move to this new process is not just better customer service for benefits applicants but also because it will enhance national security (our security demands that the bad guys be apprehended, not merely be denied immigration benefits). The background for this change of heart by the Executive branch is the fact that many federal courts have been coming down hard on excessive name check delays by the FBI. In fact, not only have some courts ordered expedited name check completions but in some cases courts have suggested that the courts have and would use their authority to adjudicate petitions if the Executive branch could not get its act together. The attorneys and litigants who have sought federal court relief over these last several years deserve credit for forcing the Executive branch to adopt a more effective policy in this area (when it does happen, hopefully very soon). Stay tuned.

source: Immigration Daily http://www.ilw.com

We welcome readers to share their opinion and ideas with us by writing to mailto:editor@ilw.com

this indeed is good news

may be because of this for the past two weeks there have been so many clearance of the name checks

my hope would be that they schedule interviews with people whom they want to know further about. that should help clarify things.

Got my passport stamped

Since I'm leaving to visit my family tomorrow, I made an Infopass appt today, to see if they'll stamp my passport (since my namecheck has cleared, and my I-485 and I-130 have been approved). They took my AP and EAD, and then stamped my passport and the stamp is valid until Jan 30th, 2008, by which time I should receive my Green Card in the mail.

If FBI truly is expediting namechecks now, it is really fantastic. I hope they get the backlog worked down quickly! I hope you all get your namechecks cleared before Christmas - it'll be such a lovely present, and make for a great holiday season.

Not to rain on anyone's parade but so far looks like an unjustified media speculation to me...

may be rambela , but if its true , its fantastic , buts its true too that I know someone whose name chek was pending , had a stoke's interview and got approved yesterday

Last edited by a moderator:
Name Check

I was thinking about this... but wandering whether anybody actually tried this (going to Infopass specifically to ask about NC status) or simply asked while on appointment for a different reason. Please share your experiences who did.

Thanks

Yes, I have tried it, I made an infopass appointment and the lady IO was very nice, I asked her about the name check and she told me my Name check was cleared in Oct 2007. But, my case is still under review. so, I am hoping that my GC should come soon.

Any lud?

Did you see any LUD before infopass?
any body else receiving approval letters with out online updates?
please share
thank you

Yes, I have tried it, I made an infopass appointment and the lady IO was very nice, I asked her about the name check and she told me my Name check was cleared in Oct 2007. But, my case is still under review. so, I am hoping that my GC should come soon.

Since I'm leaving to visit my family tomorrow, I made an Infopass appt today, to see if they'll stamp my passport (since my namecheck has cleared, and my I-485 and I-130 have been approved). They took my AP and EAD, and then stamped my passport and the stamp is valid until Jan 30th, 2008, by which time I should receive my Green Card in the mail.

If FBI truly is expediting namechecks now, it is really fantastic. I hope they get the backlog worked down quickly! I hope you all get your namechecks cleared before Christmas - it'll be such a lovely present, and make for a great holiday season.
Congratulations on getting the stamp :) Have a great trip and we're also hoping that we all get cleared and become LPR by Christmas. Thank you for your good wishes.

Did you see any LUD before infopass?
any body else receiving approval letters with out online updates?
please share
thank you
mamtashok, if this is of any help, I received my I-130 approval notice shortly after the interview without getting any LUDs online. Even now, the online status for my I-130 application says," Case received and pending...". It's clear the USCIS isn't making online status updates their priority.

yes

"I-485 Approval notice sent - but EAD renewal already Applied

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Guys!

My case was also stuck on namecheck, but fortunately last week when I checked my status (I-485) it showed that they have sent the I-485 approval notice on Nov 27th. But I already applied for EAD renewal on October end, the check has been accepted, got receipt for it, got another mail for EAD finger print scheduled mid next month (dec). Since my I-485 is approved now what do I have to do about the EAD? Can I tell them to refund the amount since I guess I wont be needing it since I got my I-485 approved, and it also states in the online status that card production ordered and wud be sent within 60 days..

- Married to US Citizen - applied oct 2006, jan 26 GC interview (name check), EAD came on jan 29th, expiring Jan 30 2008. Nov 27th online notice that I-485 is approved.

Congratulations, I see from your other post that you got approved. Too bad about the EAD filing fee, but oh well... you've got LPR status now that's what that matters :) Good luck.

Infopass today , name check done !!

Hi

I had an infopass today , the IO mentiooned that my name check is clear , now I have to wait for a file which has to be transferred from the nebraska center to garden city and i think i will be done , however i do not have any lud's

yes Rambela , not a week ago but just 4 days ago on 26th , I went there again and asked an IO like 6 - 10 times please let me know if the name check is cleared so she said yes the background check is clear she tried to confuse me first by asking me when did they take ur fingerprints , i said 19th june , then she said yes the fingerprints are clear , so i said i know the finger prints are clear but please tell me if the name check is clear she said yes it is clear again confirmed it like 6-10 times

Hi

I had an infopass today , the IO mentiooned that my name check is clear , now I have to wait for a file which has to be transferred from the nebraska center to garden city and i think i will be done , however i do not have any lud's

Looks like someone is not going be to ranting anymore ;) CONGRATULATIONS, my friend! I'm very happy for you. Book a flight, go see your parents... after 5 yrs, it's about time :) Very happy for you, franticsky.

Looks like someone is not going be to ranting anymore ;) CONGRATULATIONS, my friend! I'm very happy for you. Book a flight, go see your parents... after 5 yrs, it's about time :) Very happy for you, franticsky.

Thanks K ambrose , I am not done yet , they still have to transfer a file from Nebraska to the Garden City office , the officer will have to combine those two files and then approve the case , but yes a big headache is gone , i wud say book an infopass i am sure urs and all others are clear too

franticsky

A-a-a, I see now, will keep fingers crossed for you. And, again, your situation looks like yet another confirmation that LUDs are extremely unreliable....

As for me, I am going to do my FP for EAD renewal afternoon, even though online status already says "Card production ordered"...

yes please do your fingerprints , otherwise they will have another stupid reason to delay the GC , i still cant believe it :eek:that the NC is done