FBI Name Check

constructus

Just wanted to ask you what do you mean "risk country" there are thousands of people from all nationalities who are held up in this stupid name check program , I wish that you do not have to go thru this ordeal , but if you by any chance get stuck up in name check will you brand your country as a "RISK COUNTRY" too ? I think you should

constructus

Just wanted to ask you what do you mean "risk country" there are thousands of people from all nationalities who are held up in this stupid name check program , I wish that you do not have to go thru this ordeal , but if you by any chance get stuck up in name check will you brand your country as a "RISK COUNTRY" too ? I think you should

Franticsky, I did not mean that as an attack. But lets face it: I do not make the rules, they do. They will scrutinize more some countries then others. And "unfortunately" in some countries who have had some bad activities people, others (innocent) may have the same Name/last name, and will lead USCIS to more scrutiny.

That's a fact.

But I know that people on namecheck can come from any country. I have even read one who comes from France (French Maid if I am not mistaken...)

I was just merely stating a couple of things that MAY increase or decrease ones chances of being stuck. In NO way did I say that everyone in NC is from a "risk country".

You do agree with me that if ones name is "Lars Ulrich" and he is born and raised in Denmark, he has less chances of being considered a threat then a similar "Lars Ulrich" from another "risk country" if that name also belongs to a bad guy.

I was just talking about a couple of things that may reduce the risk of being stuck. I am not naive to think that those are the only criteria to be stuck but you also shouldn't be naive into thinking that some countries are not (unfortunately) more scrutinized than others.

Plus if I do get stuck in name check that will suck, but since I consider a GC from a host country a privilege not a right I guess it will make it easier on me personally. And once I get really fed up with it (2 to 3 years), I will take my wife and we will move to my country.

Sorry to have offended you for it was not my intent.

constructus

Your opening statement says "what do I mean by risk country"? I did not come up with that expression. Unfortunately you hear it all day on TV. Do I condone that: of course not.

If they get a "hit" matching a criminal "John DOe" in the US, his chances of getting stuck in NC for a long time will be less than a "Hit" with a "abc defg" from some other countries. IMHO.

Once again, NO OFFENSE WAS INTENDED HERE.

No Problem Constructus , I know everywhere on television all comments are "Lou Dobbish" , I apologise if I have offended you in any way , but all these 'Lou Dobb's like people forget that everyone in this country is an immigrant , and it is because of immigrants that majority of the business houses run , examples are NASA where 40 percent of the scientists are Indians(again my point is not to highlight the Indian community , but I aim to explain the term IMMIGRANTS) , Boeing 50 percent of research scinetists and engineers are Indians , not to mention about the IT industry , healthcare , engineering , service everywhere its the immigrants from all over the world and from all nationalities are ruuning the show

Last edited by a moderator:
No Problem Constructus , I know everywhere on television all comments are "Lou Dobbish" , I apologise if I have offended you in any way , but all these 'Lou Dobb's like people forget that everyone in this country is an immigrant , and it is because of immigrants that majority of the business houses run , examples are NASA where 40 percent of the scientists are Indians(again my point is not to highlight the Indian community , but I aim to explain the term IMMIGRANTS) , Boeing 50 percent of research scinetists and engineers are Indians , not to mention about the IT industry , healthcare , engineering , service everywhere its the immigrants from all over the world and from all nationalities are ruuning the show

No need to apologize, I REALLY REALLY understand all the frustrations: trust me. As I said even though I am not (yet) stuck in NC, I can feel the pain most people do and can imagine how difficult it is.

As you may have already read my famous/infamous tirade on another thread, I am not really "Lou Dobbish", but that's another issue.

Unfortunately things are the way they are, and I for one will write to CNN, even though I am not (yet/hopefully never will be) concerned about that issue.

Good luck to you. Hope everything goes well soon.

Contact your congressmen

Guys,
Here's a message from a Yahoo! group "namechecktracker". Please contact your Congressmen's office EVEN if you don't live in that district currently i.e. you were in a resident of any of those districts at any point of time. All the congressmen have their own websites and contact information. If you are unsure of which congressional districts you are or have been a resident use the link below:

http://www.house.gov/writerep/
----------------------------------------
From Randall Emery, Secretary at AFU

What we are hearing is that the conference could be any day now,
likely between Thursday and Monday.

Lobbying, calls, and visits are on-going in key districts. What may
surprise you is that in one key district just having ONE person take
an active role made a difference for our lobbyists in getting serious
interest in the proposal.

If you are in a key district and have not come forward yet, be aware
-- IF YOU COME FORWARD NOW, YOU MAY BE THE ONE PERSON WHO MAKES THE
DIFFERENCE. Please get in touch with us before it is to late to take
advantage of this opportunity at stories@securecheckalliance.org.

The key districts are:

Dave Obey, acting Chairman*, Wisconsin, district 7
Patrick J. Kennedy, Rhode Island, district 1
Chaka Fattah, Pennsylvania, district 2
Dutch Ruppersberger, Maryland, district 2
Adam Schiff, California, district 29
Rosa DeLauro, Connecticut, district 3
David Price, North Carolina, district 4
Rodney Frelinghuysen, Ranking Member, New Jersey, district 11
John Culberson, Texas, district 7
Hal Rogers, Kentucky, district 5
Tom Latham, Iowa, district 4
Robert Aderholt, Alabama, district 4
Jerry Lewis, California, district 41

*Please not that the chairman of the committee, Alan Mollohan, West
Virginia, district 1, will not be taking part in this part of the
conference. This is news we learned today.

If you would like to help but are not in a key district, please help
with a donation. We only have a chance at this change because we have
direct lobbying support in Washington, DC and we need your support to
pay the bills for the activity going on right now.

To donate to AFU:
http://americanfamiliesunited.org/donate

To donate to LIA:
http://legalimmigrant.org/index.php?q=civicrm/contribute/transact&reset=1&id=3

Hi, Just wanted to report that my NC has cleared and want to give people out there some hope, soon, yours will clear as well.

Name check cleared atlast.

Posted this as separate thread but got no responses. any advice please. Applied in Aug 2004 and got stuck on name check from then

I have contacted my congress mans office and I got an email this morning with t he following content

"This is in response to the I-485 application Congressional inquiry regarding Mr.xxxx. Mr xxxx's background name check cleared on September 27, 2007.

During the pendency of his background name check, his fingerprints expired, and he has been rescheduled for new fingerprints. He will be notified by mail once the first open slot becomes available. Mr. xxxx's case will be adjudicated immediately once his fingerprints have successfully cleared."

I am very happy that atlast my background check cleared. ?I am waiting from Aug 2004. But what ia m worried about now is eventhough USCIS got the clearence on Sep 27th I still havent heard anything from them about the fingerprints yet. Nor the LUD changed on my online account. What should i DO? Please advice. I am going on an 1 month vacation to india starting Nov 23rd and am worried i may get the notice for fingerprinting at the time when am gone. Is there anything I can do to get finger priniting done before i LEave on Nov 23.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you in adavnce

Hi, Just wanted to report that my NC has cleared and want to give people out there some hope, soon, yours will clear as well.

I saw on your signature Infopass- NC cleared and i551 stamp. Does that mean you didnt know ur name check was cleared until you attended the infopass appointemnt and once they noticed that they stamped you right away?

I posted my isse right above. I just got a note from congresmans office that my NC cleare on SEP 27th but my finger prints expired and i should get a notice for FP soon. Its been more than a month sinc emy NC cleared but no change in LUD or no mail notice. I cannot get Infopass appointment. Any adice on how i should proceed

to raj

yes u can get infopass apt.

infopass.uscis.gov
make one based on your pending case !
once u go there, they will notice that your finger prints expried and will either schedule u right then for an apointment or make u do it the same day...
ur done man! congrats

thankyou hiram

yes u can get infopass apt.

infopass.uscis.gov
make one based on your pending case !
once u go there, they will notice that your finger prints expried and will either schedule u right then for an apointment or make u do it the same day...
ur done man! congrats

Thank you very much for the response. I called the 1800 # and talked to immigration officer and he said that there is nothing he could do and I should just wait till i get the finger print notice. He was very helpful and answered all questions but when i asked him if infopass would help he bluntly said dont waste your time.

But i tried to get an infopass anyway after i talked to him but they are not doing any infopass appointments now.Go figure.

I guess i just have to keep checking the site for availability online everyday for infopass. This is for San Antonio office.

"At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later."

I saw on your signature Infopass- NC cleared and i551 stamp. Does that mean you didnt know ur name check was cleared until you attended the infopass appointemnt and once they noticed that they stamped you right away?

Yes, that's exactly what it is. I only learned that my NC had cleared during the infopass. Then I had to insist a little bit and talk to three different officers, but they finalized my approval right there and then and stamped my passport.

JMG1010,
Congratulations. Did you received any online LUD before infopass. It's really good news thanks and could you please share you experience with infopass.

What kind of questions did you asked.
What is your DO...

Thanks for sharing and congratulations again.....

Hello,

I have been following Hiram's etc. cases who were stuck in NC? My AOS FP have been expired. When do they schedule for 2nd FP? after your name has cleared NC or after expiration. I haven't received any appointment for FP yet.

ncgc

uscis will usually not ask u to do a 2nd FP after ur first one expires unless they r ready to adjudicate ur case (name check is done)... this is generally the rule, but i have seen pple who got a notice after 15 months to renew FP. but the general rule lately, with name checks pending over 30 months, it is non-sense to make someone take FP 3 times... so they wait until everything is ready to go, then they make the applicant submit new FP (as if FP change every now and then?!)

the sad part is that I have a friend of mine who found out his namecheck cleared back in august and no one contacted him and told him that he needs to re-submit his FP because they expired.. he didn't know until he called the 800 number and insisted on talking to an immigration officer about the delay and was surprised to know that his namecheck got cleared long time ago, and they just FAILED to inform him that he needs to re-submit his FP... anyways, he had to make an infopass apt. to schedule a FP apt. since they couldnt do it for him over the phone...
pretty sad!

Hello,

I have been following Hiram's etc. cases who were stuck in NC? My AOS FP have been expired. When do they schedule for 2nd FP? after your name has cleared NC or after expiration. I haven't received any appointment for FP yet.

Generally after 15 months form your first finger prints uscis will send a notice for FP again

JMG1010,
Congratulations. Did you received any online LUD before infopass. It's really good news thanks and could you please share you experience with infopass.

What kind of questions did you asked.
What is your DO...

Thanks for sharing and congratulations again.....

No I had no LUD whasoever before infopass, not even after the interview.
My DO is Philadelphia, I went to the infopass on time. I forgot to print my confirmation e-mail, so I had to explain to the guard for a couple of minutes that I did that online, etc, then he checked the list and saw my name on it. Then I was chastised on the first window for not printing the confirmation, but nevertheless I was given a number, and waited for about 15 minutes, I was called to the window, showed my license number and my AP which has A# number on it, I asked if my NC had cleared, the officer checked the computer for a couple of minutes and then said that NC had come back and asked me to fill a form, I went back to the chairs, filled the form (name, address, etc a very simple form it had no number or anything on it) and came back to give it to the officer, at that point I asked if I could still travel, and I mentioned that my I-94 had been removed, she asked me to show my passport and then she said that she would have somebody talk to me.
I waited probably another 15 minutes, and was called to another window, this time the office asked me to show her the AP, and she said that even if my NC came back I should still be able to use it, I said that I had already had the interview and that the interviewer officer had warned me not to use the AP, but then she had noticed that my NC was not clear, consequently, now that the NC was cleared, my AP was probably not valid since I was for a lack of a better term "pre-aproved", she then asked me to wait, went upstairs, and then came back with a smile in her face telling me that they were going to put a stamp on my passport, which they did several minutes later.