FBI Name Check

Beginning of Namecheck

Does anyone here know when namecheck begins? Someone was telling me that it start immediately an application for I-485 us received. I don't know who true that is.

Franticsky,

Please see the below time line. Any suggestions for me.
How long do I have to wait before taking any further steps.

Please comment.

Thanks to all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Franticsky,

Please see the below time line. Any suggestions for me.
How long do I have to wait before taking any further steps.

Please comment.

Thanks to all.

Hello Lenova

I am sorry to hear about the name check , you can write a letter to your congressman , senator to know more about the status , also take an infopass and get info when the name check was initiated , you can also send in an FOIPA request to FBI as well as the USCIS , and also a letter to the First Lady , all these steps may or may not help but atleast you will be building up a case ( with all these documents) if at all you need to file a WOM

I have taken all these steps will post the letter to the first lady this saturday , also you can send a letter to your IO

Make sure you send all the letter via certified mail with return receipt so that you know that your letter was delivered ( just to show proof in case of WOM)

letter to senator.

hi franticsky,
thanks for this info.
i recently went thru' an infopass appointment. but no luck, standard answer : background check pending. wait n watch :-( ....some people are waiting for almost 3 yrs now.
dont know whether writing to senetors would help.
could you please copy paste the template of the letter that you are planning to send this week? that would be really helpful.
thx and good luck !

Hello Lenova

I am sorry to hear about the name check , you can write a letter to your congressman , senator to know more about the status , also take an infopass and get info when the name check was initiated , you can also send in an FOIPA request to FBI as well as the USCIS , and also a letter to the First Lady , all these steps may or may not help but atleast you will be building up a case ( with all these documents) if at all you need to file a WOM

I have taken all these steps will post the letter to the first lady this saturday , also you can send a letter to your IO

Make sure you send all the letter via certified mail with return receipt so that you know that your letter was delivered ( just to show proof in case of WOM)

How to contact FBI regarding namecheck status?

CDNFlyer,

Did you contact FBI regarding namecheck status?
If so can you please share the details?

Thanks

dodgenc:

I wrote a letter to the First Lady's office back on June 19th. They forwarded my query to the FBI. It took them about 3 months to get back to me (which is what I expected). My name check had cleared many months ago... but still no approval from USCIS. Unfortunately I am dealing with yet another problem it seems.

hi franticsky,
thanks for this info.
i recently went thru' an infopass appointment. but no luck, standard answer : background check pending. wait n watch :-( ....some people are waiting for almost 3 yrs now.
dont know whether writing to senetors would help.
could you please copy paste the template of the letter that you are planning to send this week? that would be really helpful.
thx and good luck !

I just wrote a letter explaining my case , I did not follow any particluar format

I had written to First Lady in June 2007, who forwarded the query to FBI. Recently I received the standard reply that my name is still stuck in NC and they are working on it......cannot give a timeline as to when it will be cleared....etc...

So basically back to wait n watch game (it seems the NC request was submitted on November 25th 2005 ~ almost 2 years).:(

Going through 2nd EAD, which is way past processing time (received approval) but no card yet. :confused:

These people are just playing around with thousands of people , only these people care about is extracting mone from us in form of taxes , social security , medicare etc etc etc and we are not even entitled to take advantage of these benefits

stuck in namecheck !!!!

Filed I-485 in Oct 2005
FP Dec 2005
1st EAD Jan 2006
Interview April 2006 - approved, name check pending !!!!
2nd EAD received Jan 2007
sent letters to 1st lady, senators, congressmen, received letter from FBI that name check is still pendin
Filed law suit April 2007
2 extensions by AUSA
AUSA filed MTD in Aug 2007
Opposition to MTD Aug 2007
Submitted application for 3rd finger print in Aug 2007 and finger print taken
Order from judge dismissing the case (NJ) for lack of jurisdiction Sept 2007
Received a letter to re-do finger prints for I-485 in Oct 2007

could this be a good sign?

franticsky

hi,
well when u file a law suit for i-485, there is no rule as to how long it takes USCIS and FBI to complete your name check and adjudicate your case...
so when u file a law suit, u are asking the court to take jurisdiction over your case because, even though the law does not specify time for adjudication to be completed, the law does require that to happen within a reasonable time...
the USCIS and FBI will argue that the court should stay out of this because the law does not tell him that they need to rush anything

once u file the law suit, the AUSA (attorney of USCIS and FBI) will try to expedite your name check and get your application processed as soon as possible... and if that works, then they will ask you to withdraw ur case.. if that does not work, they ask for an extension... and again try to solve ur case... if still not done, they ask the court to dismiss the case using the above argument

now the case is in front of the judge... if the judge is pro-immigrants, he will order the USCIS to complete ur name check and answer ur application(for examople within 30 days) ... if ur judge is against immigrants, he will dismiss the case....

regardless of what the judge says (whether he rules for u, or dismisses the case), your law suit will get USCIS and FBI pull up your file from some shelf where it is collecting dust and try to complete it asap !
remember, your goal is NOT to win the case in the court... your goal is to get the FBI and USCIS pull up your file, see why no one has been working on it, and start working on it ...

for more information

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=194681&page=457

also

usually, once ur stuck in name check, it takes about 1-5 years for that to be completed...
I have been stuck in namecheck for 2 years now.. couple of my friends have been waiting for 3 yrs and 4 yrs...

Hiram,
Name check is random or is it for every body. Because how come some of the people got cleared their name check with in 3 months after I485 application.

How come USCIS issued me F1, H1B and I131 and I765 with out name check...

This is all big ???????? for me.

name check

Name check is performed for everyone.... surprisingly only those individuals who are originally from an islamic country, communist country, and India end up gettnig stuck in name check for 1+ year....
even if u are canadian or british for example, with arabic name, russian name, asian name, or indian name, u would still get stuck ....