FBI Name Check

hi.
i did send a complain letter to the fbi headquarters in washington, but never got a reply to this exact letter.i sent a letter to the first lady, she forwarded my letter to the FBI and finally i got a response from them, telling me, when was the name check submitted, finalized and sent back to immigration.
the final complain letter with the letter from FBI, showing my name check was already finished 6 months ago, i sent to my local immigration office, where i went for the interview.

Hello happyagain,

First of all Congrats on getting ur NC cleared.

When did you write to First Lady and how soon did you get the reply from FBI about your namecheck clearance?

Also, what was the mailing address for First lady: Is it 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. NW?

And when you wrote to FBI and FBI Ombudsman, what were the mailing addresses? Was it the FBI headquaters?

Please share it with us....

I am stuck in the same boat and with all these clearances, I am springing into action as I am stuck in NC.

Green Card Recieved

My name check took 3 long years but i am glad it is over with .. Here is my timeline

485/130 Applied April 2004
NC start May 2004
Interview July 2004 approve pending NC
Approved EAD's (3) - 2004,2005,2006
Approved AP's (3) - 2004,2005,2006
485 approved - April 2007
GC recieved - June 2007

Please Answer!!

hello everyone!!

This is a good thread. I will be very thankful if someone can answer this question. Here is my story. I was stuck in the FBI Name check for more than three years with my N-400. I filed a lawsuit in Feb 2007 and they clear the Name check. I just got my citizenship.

Now, my wife is outside the US and she had never come here. I applied for her last year in Sep 2006 through my green card(I-130). I just requested an upgrade on I-130 petition(which is still pending).

Now, the question is: Does anyone's case is stuck in the Name check with only I-130. I mean I-130 without I-485.

I bleieve most of u know, they are running a definantive Name check on all I-485. This is in the USCIS Interoffice Memo, but I-130 is not there. I am seeing that most of you in this thread who are stuck in the Name check are those who filed either I-485 or I-130 along with I-485. I hope u folks know that it is your I-485 application that is causing the name check hits.

Let me ask this question. All people who are stuck in the I-130 along with I-485, did your I-130 get approved before your filed I-485?? I believe that is the way it is susspsed to happen. Please guys, answer this question.

And by the way, I think you all know about this thread. This is the thread for all those who r sueing or thinking about sueing the USCIS. This is a great thread. I filed my lawsuit by help of the members of this thread. Thread was started by someone with the citizenship case; however, now, many members who are with I-485 cases also joined it and they all are very very helpful. I thought is a good idea to let you know.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/...1&page=1&pp=15

I just wanted to add this as it can help someone. Many people are now suggesting me that since I became a US citizen, I should file for K-3 and my wife will come here early. But, here is tricky part. In this case, if my wife gets the K-3 Non-Immigrant visa, she will need to file I-485 when she comes here, so most likely, we will be stuck again. So, if anyone is in the same situation, I would suggest not to file for K-3 and wait for I-130 approval.

ok, Thank you all and please answer the above question, regards, kim

Last edited by a moderator:
You might find this info helpful:)

Justice
Federal Bureau Of Investigation II
ADR Technique: Ombudsman

How the ADR System Works
The FBI Ombudsman is an employee of the agency who assumes a neutral role in dealing with work-related concerns of FBI employees. All contacts with the Ombudsman are afforded confidentiality, and no action is taken without the approval of the caller or visitor. The Ombudsman works outside the normal chain of command and works through negotiation, mediation, consultation, influence, shuttlediplomacy, informal investigation, dispute resolution, and referral. The Ombudsman also operates as an early warning system by providing upward feedback to the organization on significant issues affecting employees. Typically, the Ombudsman explores options and attempts to achieve equitable solutions for all parties as an alternative to formal processes.

Background/Objective
The FBI Ombudsman position was established in 1981 by then Director William H. Webster as a result of a recommendation of the Special Agent Advisory Committee. The incumbent was appointed as the point of contact for field agents regarding problems and/or questions concerning transfer policies and other work issues which directly affected agents.

Duration/CurrentActivity
The FBI Ombudsman serves a two-year term of office, which can be extended up to a four-year period. The role of the Ombudsman has expanded considerably since its inception. Today, the Ombudsman responds to inquiries from support and agency personnel concerning a wide variety of issues. In addition, the Ombudsman travels to field offices upon request, gives presentations and provides consultation to outside entities, facilitates meetings of the Director's advisory committees, prepares statistical reports, evaluates trends, and actively promotes sound work values and concepts through various forms of communication, to include monthly articles in the agency's employee magazine.

Rules Governing the Activity
The FBI Ombudsman practices are consistent with the standards of conduct and the code of ethics of the Ombudsman Association.

Contact
Sarah Ziegler, Ombudsman, 935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Room 6640, Washington, DC 20535; Telephone: (202) 324-2156; FAX: (202) 324-5188; Email: ombudsmen@FBI.gov.
Hello happyagain,

First of all Congrats on getting ur NC cleared.

When did you write to First Lady and how soon did you get the reply from FBI about your namecheck clearance?

Also, what was the mailing address for First lady: Is it 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. NW?

And when you wrote to FBI and FBI Ombudsman, what were the mailing addresses? Was it the FBI headquaters?

Please share it with us....

I am stuck in the same boat and with all these clearances, I am springing into action as I am stuck in NC.

stuck in name check!

We had our interview early in January. The officer started with stating that the FBI namecheck is not complete and it may take long time. The interview was okay and the officer said he will inform us once the namecheck is complete. Here are my questions -

1. Does this means it is approved pending namecheck? Online status shows LUD on I-130 and I-485. Both status shows pending.
2. What can I do to find if namecheck is complete?
3. Does USCIS call for another interview if it is over certain number of days. What about change of address to a different state?

Any suggestions and experience would be appreciated.

Thanks

Cyrus_h

H1B to AOS
10/14/2006 Sent package with I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131
10/16/2006 RD
10/20/2006 ND I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131
11/02/2006 FP RD
11/16/2006 FP
01/03/2006 Interview - FBI namecheck pending
01/08/2007 AP Approved (email)
01/13/2007 EAD Card production ordered (email)
5/13/2007 LUD I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131

RE:stuck in NameCheck

My husband also had his interview last wednesday and was told that he has passed the interview but name check is pending. Officer gave us a letter saying that the name check is pending and also stamped the same in the passport. However, if he wishes to travel he has to take Advance Parole,etc.

Officer told that if we don't hear within next 3 months we can send him an inquiry letter for the status.

Thanks
patkt

We had our interview early in January. The officer started with stating that the FBI namecheck is not complete and it may take long time. The interview was okay and the officer said he will inform us once the namecheck is complete. Here are my questions -

1. Does this means it is approved pending namecheck? Online status shows LUD on I-130 and I-485. Both status shows pending.
2. What can I do to find if namecheck is complete?
3. Does USCIS call for another interview if it is over certain number of days. What about change of address to a different state?

Any suggestions and experience would be appreciated.

Thanks

Cyrus_h

H1B to AOS
10/14/2006 Sent package with I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131
10/16/2006 RD
10/20/2006 ND I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131
11/02/2006 FP RD
11/16/2006 FP
01/03/2006 Interview - FBI namecheck pending
01/08/2007 AP Approved (email)
01/13/2007 EAD Card production ordered (email)
5/13/2007 LUD I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131

Thats very nice of your IO asking you to contact IO after 3 months. Unfortunately, its not the regular procedure with other IO. Good luck with namecheck.

is wom still working?

Hi, everyone
I have been stuck in name check for a long time. Now it is annoying and frustrating. I just wonder if WOM is still an option. My second anniversary is coming up and I have filed my application for 17 months. I had my interview 12 months ago and was told approval pending namecheck. Any input is welcome.

thanks

Hi all, I am very pleased when I got this email... after I got the reply from my attorney's inquiry on my case as not complete just a day before.

"On June 25, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

What is ADIT any way? Can someone explain? Is this the conditional permanent res or is a real thing that I don't have to remove the condition in 21 months?

Thanks

i stuck in the background check also. and i made in info pass for next moday, any onc can please tell me what i need to bring for he info pass and what they will do?

Sample Letters sent to FBI, Senator and First Lady

Can you please share sample letters that you guys write to FBI, Senator and First lady and what address you mail to these letters. I would grealy appreciate any help. My name check is pending for more than 9 month after the interview and I-130 is approved.

Sample Letters sent to FBI, Senator and First Lady

Can you please share sample letters that you guys write to FBI, Senator and First lady and what address you mail to these letters. I would grealy appreciate any help. My name check is pending for more than 9 month after the interview and I-130 is approved. Is there any PBI phone number I can call to check the status of the name check?

Hi all,

Just wanted to share...abt a month ago I wrote a letter to Mrs.Laura Bush regarding my background checks and hardship that can bring if not finalize by September 30, 2007.I got a call from CIS Officer in Washington and he told me the letter is front of him and he understands a lot is on stake.He verified my H1B Expiration and told me he is working on a letter, however, checks needs to be done!!!

It looks like he will be sending a standard letter to me explaining why checks are necessary but I am surprized and hoping this call might make some movement for my case.

Jugnu

Hi all,

Just wanted to share...abt a month ago I wrote a letter to Mrs.Laura Bush regarding my background checks and hardship that can bring if not finalize by September 30, 2007.I got a call from CIS Officer in Washington and he told me the letter is front of him and he understands a lot is on stake.He verified my H1B Expiration and told me he is working on a letter, however, checks needs to be done!!!

It looks like he will be sending a standard letter to me explaining why checks are necessary but I am surprized and hoping this call might make some movement for my case.

Jugnu

I'm highly skeptic though. First FBI had a phone line to answer and they closed it. Then people wrote letters to FBI directors and such to get things done. Worked for a while and then that was discontinued too. Then Senators and Congressmen were able to do something then that was also closed. Then someone found a route through the first lady and that was honored for quite awhile. Nowadays those letters are just being answered with a standard letter on the importance of name check. Even WoM is being countered with ridiculous arguments. Luckily that immigration bill died, otherwise they would have succeeded in shielding themselves from court's scrutiny. File WOM and pray for a good judge to preside over your case.

This sounds disappointing as one of the things that seemed to be working is now being put through routine humdrum of bureacracy. I don't know what else will work. I have written to senators, congressman, sent in 3 inquiries to USCIS etc. to find out the status of my namecheck.

Its been almost 2 years since my application for AOS and almost 15 months, since my interview. Now with EB categories being made current, there is expected surge in I-485 petitions probably impacting family based petitions and associated Namechecks.

Any advise is wlecome.

Be prepared for 2nd Interview

Its been almost 2 years since my application for AOS and almost 15 months, since my interview. Now with EB categories being made current, there is expected surge in I-485 petitions probably impacting family based petitions and associated Namechecks.

hey NCGC2006,
Just be patient, I am in the same boat, married to usc with a pending I-485 since 2years and half ( charlotte, NC )

They will call u for 2nd interview befor to process ur case, and u will have to take another fingerprint, so just be patient and cross ur hand, u will be approved very soon.

I had my 2nd interview and also my 2nd fingerprint, now I am waitin for approval notice

Good luck

Be prepared for 2nd Interview

hey NCGC2006,
Just be patient, I am in the same boat, married to usc with a pending I-485 since 2years and half ( charlotte, NC )

They will call u for 2nd interview befor to process ur case, and u will have to take another fingerprint, so just be patient and cross ur hand, u will be approved very soon.

I had my 2nd interview and also my 2nd fingerprint, now I am waitin for approval notice

Good luck

Hello Birdlove,

Thanks for the encouraging advice. I am trying to be patient, but getting frustrated with no answer. Can you share your timelines for reciept date, 1st & 2nd FP & Interviews?

ncgc2006, I have the same situation as you. I married to US and filed my I-485 in Jan 2006. I got my interview in Jun 2006 and until now, my name check hasn't been cleared yet. What shall we do, I feel we must do something to expediate our application.

I already wrote to Laura Bush, since she won't be the first lady soon, I feel it is useless writing to her again.

what's your plan? Shall we file Wom? But a lot of Wom case has been dismissed :(