FBI Name Check

I'm getting a little worried, it seems like the name check either goes really fast (as in a month or two), or takes years. :/

I am already 8 months after the interview. I got my EAD 3 months after summited all the petitions. My interview came surprisingly early. About 2 months after the filing (3 months after marriage) and by the end of the interview that lasted 10 minutes, they said it was done but have to wait for the Background check. Since then I have moved to WA in hope that I can find a better job and a home then my wife will move. But days turn to months and she is there all alone and I am here worrying sick. That is not too good of a picture for USCIS living apart for so long waiting for this freaking Background check, name check or whatever they call it.

If any one have the same situation from Honolulu, please respond

Thanks

I also have this issue in Honolulu. I am already 8 months after the interview. I got my EAD 3 months after summited all the petitions. My interview came surprisingly early. About 2 months after the filing (3 months after marriage) and by the end of the interview that lasted 10 minutes, they said it was done but have to wait for the Background check. Since then I have moved to WA in hope that I can find a good job and a home then my wife will move. But days turn to months and she is there all alone and I am here worrying sick. That is not too good of a picture for USCIS living apart for so long waiting for this freaking Background check, name check or whatever they call it.

If any one have the same situation from Honolulu, please respond

Thanks

card production ordered

I received the card production ordered email last night.
For those of you still in name check, good luck.

My signature has the timeline, to which you can add EAD and AP received in early may. All i got to do is receive the physical card in the mail.

best of luck to everyone!

Hey people...
I got an email from the IO yesterday that my name check has cleared....although there is no update on my online case status...still says pending...
hopefully it will be updated soon....from wat I have been following....I see that the ND for immg was 15 days before mine...and his name check also cleared 15 day before mine...I guess FBI is going in order now...

shahpr....u shud take an infopass and visit ur DO....hopefully urs wud be cleared tooo....

congrats tapskap ....
Just got email that my card has been set out .... To those who wondering, the welcome letter and the card will be mailed from the Missouri Office (National Service Center) not your local DO. It's my case at least.

Name check.

Hi,
Any idea how much time it is taking for country of citizenship : India and District Office : Sanfrancisco, CA ?
How can I get email alters from the IO on the status of the name check?
I would appreacite if anyone in this situation, could share information on latest approval dates for name check.
Thanks & Good Luck !

I recieved and email stating that card production is ordered. My interview was on 8/31/06 and my original packet was mailed in 4/06. The delay from 8/06 to now was due to name check.
Good luck to everyone else. Have faith. Things will work out.

Clearly from what I see the name check delay is not always the same across for all the petitions for I-485. I see that so many of you got the name check within months and some years. I really like to know how FBI figure it out? They said it might due to similarity of names and how some Chinese names are harder due to the way they spell their name. But still, there are just no standards in how FBI is handling our case....that is so important to our life and our family's life. We have to pretty much postpone everything in wait of this so called "security check" and under their mercy. It had put a lot of strains in our new marriage of 9 months. Stress sets in each time we have to consider doing anything like traveling and moving. We so being restricted but for what reason and to what extend?

I read the success story of a few lucky and valiant one who went to their congressman and fellow politician to help. However, I do not have the luxury of this level of support. Nor do I have the funds to hire a lawyer to fight for my case. So what else is left to do but wait. I just hope the government won't change any more regulations to make thing more complicated and more confusing for all... including their own staffs that is handing our case.

I have one more complaint that you all might have experiences some point in time which I will have pretty soon. How the $#@%! that ones finger printing becomes expire?! Our hair might turn gray and put on extra blubber while waiting for the name check to be approved. BUT my fingers will remain the same till the day I die. I am really questioning the intelligence of these "agencies" (not to name names but you know who you are) that is entrusted to look into our case and put thousands of lives in their hands.

Regretfully

Last edited by a moderator:
????

I recieved and email stating that card production is ordered. My interview was on 8/31/06 and my original packet was mailed in 4/06. The delay from 8/06 to now was due to name check.
Good luck to everyone else. Have faith. Things will work out.

In which state you live, or which service center you filed?
:confused: :D

No greencard yet, but we did recieve our I-512L on Saturday - it took us about 5 minutes to figure out that it was what we had been waiting for! So at least we'll be able to go to Colombia on July 2. :D

Congrats to tapskap and everyone, whose namecheck got cleared. This has raised my hopes that lot of NC's are getting cleared and hopefully mine will get cleared too! hopefully soon.

Did anyone of you write letters to FBI, USCIS or White House to follow up on the namecheck issue?

Congrats to tapskap and everyone, whose namecheck got cleared. This has raised my hopes that lot of NC's are getting cleared and hopefully mine will get cleared too! hopefully soon.

Did anyone of you write letters to FBI, USCIS or White House to follow up on the namecheck issue?

Thanks ncgc2006....I did write to Senator and Laura Bush...I dont know if that helped....In any case...looking at ur timeline....maybe ur name check is already cleared...did u take an infopass?

Name Check.

Hi,
Any idea how much time name check is taking for country of citizenship : India and District Office : Sanfrancisco, CA ?
How can I get email alters from the IO on the status of the name check?
I would appreacite if anyone in this situation, could share information on latest approval dates for name check.
Thanks & Good Luck !

Name Check does not depend on ur DO....Yes..it does depend on ur Contry of Origin...If u do not have an email address of ur IO....u can make an infopass...writing letter to Laura Bush will atleast let u know the date when the Name Check request was received by the FBi...it may or may not help speed up the process....

Hope this helps...Good Luck....

Hello tapskap,

When you wrote to Laura Bush, the address was same as White house address? I will be taking an infopass to check on the status. I will update what I find out?

My country of origin is India? Does that have to do with delayed namecheck?