FBI Name Check

I agree with GungaDin. I planned to sue pro se and was pretty determined about it, although in my case, the Intent to Sue letter did the trick. I read from the sueing thread that based on statistics, Intent to Sue letter worked 30% of the time. (BTW, I would say I've ready 75% of the posts in the sueing thread.)
Just to update - I finally received my green card in the mail last Saturday, 10 days after my case was approved.

Good luck to everyone.

Hiddendragon38
GungaDin said:
If you want to file on your own, start on the very post of this thread and look at the links. Specifically

http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=194681

Publicus gives an excellent step by step plan of action and is an excellent place to start. You'll have to contact your federal district court for its Pro Se package (Google United States Federal Court District of Columbia)

If you're getting a lawyer, they will know what to do.

I personally felt comfortable filing the complaint in federal court on my own (if it came to that) - but your level of comfort may be different. My thought was that I'd file the complaint with the federal district court and see what happened. If the USCIS approved my case, then I wouldn't need a lawyer.

However if they wanted to fight this in court, I was going to hand it over to a lawyer. So even if you do this yourself, have a chat with a lawyer and see if you can hand the case off to them if it get to trial. Based on the experiences of almost everyone on these forums (I have not read _every_ thread so my information may not be complete) these complaints usually get resolved without going to trial.

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to Hiddendragon!
I've called to ask for the pro se package. If the intent to sue letter won't work, I'm ready to SUE!

Thanks to gungadin and hiddendragon for kind sharing!
hbb

I am also preparing my Intent to Sue letter. Do I need to have the response from CIS Ombudsman ready before I send out the "Intent to Sue" letter to District Director? I am still waiting for the response from Ombudsman. I sent out my letter to Ombudsman in mid December and only got a routine letter from them stating they are investigating this issue. Thats was before Xmas. No further info from them ever since :(

What else do I need to prepare before I send out the letter to District Director?

Thanks!

Hiddendragon38 said:
I agree with GungaDin. I planned to sue pro se and was pretty determined about it, although in my case, the Intent to Sue letter did the trick. I read from the sueing thread that based on statistics, Intent to Sue letter worked 30% of the time. (BTW, I would say I've ready 75% of the posts in the sueing thread.)
Just to update - I finally received my green card in the mail last Saturday, 10 days after my case was approved.

Good luck to everyone.

Hiddendragon38

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I sent out an intent to sue letter to my district director last week. I didn't have the FOIPA results from the FBI. I sent out a letter to CIS ombudsman today. I didn't want to wait till I got responses to write to USCIS. I am going to take my chances and see what happens. If I don't get a positive response from my district director in 45 days, I'll file the WOM.

My $0.02.

Good luck.

After a long wait...

Hi All,

After long wait in Name check i got this message today..I am hoping this is good news..do i have to do anything?

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On February 5, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register

Congratulations siri80...
It must be a sweet feeling...
As I said in my earlier post...the IO told me that they are receiving hundreds of clearances in the last couple of weeks...I guess high time that FBI changes its gear....

Hi siri80...apart from waiting....did u take any steps??...like contact Ombudsman,District Officer,Senator,Congressman etc.etc.

Hi tapskap,

I called customer service couple of times (800...) also did FOIPA and got letter saying "No record"..also recently i sent a letter to my congressman a week ago.. i called them today and they said they didn't hear anything from the DO...i think it is just what u said..FBI is working...I also know they are people on this website who did more than i did.I hope this helps.

Thank you

Just put in anything that can show you have taken steps to solve the problem. The routine letter from Ombudsman's office is good enough. If you sent your letter to the Ombudsman's office using certified letter, the receipt should work too.
alexgao22 said:
I am also preparing my Intent to Sue letter. Do I need to have the response from CIS Ombudsman ready before I send out the "Intent to Sue" letter to District Director? I am still waiting for the response from Ombudsman. I sent out my letter to Ombudsman in mid December and only got a routine letter from them stating they are investigating this issue. Thats was before Xmas. No further info from them ever since :(

What else do I need to prepare before I send out the letter to District Director?

Thanks!

Thank you! Hiddendragon38.

I will send out the letter to DO tomorrow. I will wait another 30 days (which will close to my 1-year anniversary of 485 ND) then file WOM.

Hiddendragon38 said:
Just put in anything that can show you have taken steps to solve the problem. The routine letter from Ombudsman's office is good enough. If you sent your letter to the Ombudsman's office using certified letter, the receipt should work too.

AlexGao22:
When did you send your FOIPA request? I'm trying to figure out how long it takes to get response for FOIPA.

Thanks!

hbb,

I sent the FOIPA request in early December. So it takes about 1 month to get the response.

hbb said:
AlexGao22:
When did you send your FOIPA request? I'm trying to figure out how long it takes to get response for FOIPA.

Thanks!

should I worry about the timeframe of name check?

I read some posts and found it might take years for the so called name check. Nobody wants to wait such long time. Any easy way to expedite it?

Second Interview

Hello guys,

I've been stuck at NC for more than 1 year. Today, I received the second interview notice . It ask for the same thing as the first interview, join statement, pictures.... Does this mean my NC cleared? Please give some advice. Thanks

How long have you been married already?
I believe your Name Check may have been cleared.
And if you have already completed 2 years of your marriage you are eligible to receive 10 year GC.They may want to confirm the authenticity of your marriage before they issue the permanent GC.

Again my 2 cents.

Thanks for your input tapskap.
We filed everything right after we got married, not 2 years yet. I don't mind how many times they would like to interview us. I just hope my NC cleared.

tapskap said:
How long have you been married already?
I believe your Name Check may have been cleared.
And if you have already completed 2 years of your marriage you are eligible to receive 10 year GC.They may want to confirm the authenticity of your marriage before they issue the permanent GC.

Again my 2 cents.

Hi, appleyao,
It looks like a good sign to me. Why would they schedule a 2nd interview if your NC hasn't been cleared? Btw, did they ask you for 2nd fingerprint? It should expire 15 months after it was taken. Good luck!
Hiddendragon38
appleyao said:
Thanks for your input tapskap.
We filed everything right after we got married, not 2 years yet. I don't mind how many times they would like to interview us. I just hope my NC cleared.

Congratulations Hiddendragon38 to your GC!

They didn't ask for the 2nd FP. I believe it was taken about 13+ months.
We are going back to China for Chinese New Year. So, I went to the USCIS reschedule the 2nd interview this morning. March 1st is the new date. I just hope nothing goes wrong on that day. :)

Thanks!!
Hiddendragon38 said:
Hi, appleyao,
It looks like a good sign to me. Why would they schedule a 2nd interview if your NC hasn't been cleared? Btw, did they ask you for 2nd fingerprint? It should expire 15 months after it was taken. Good luck!
Hiddendragon38