FBI name Check Pending

kewlsans said:
HELP

Recently, I talked to local Congressman about my case. After couple of weeks, Congressman’s office got back to me with a letter as stated:

I'm sorry guys and girls, but I've said it before , and I'll say it again.

Unless you are going for Citizenship (i.e. there's a vote riding on it, and even THEN, you'll be lucky if they do anything for you), you'll mostly get squat by trying to use your congresscritter to help you with USCIS. Yes, I'm sure there are going to be the exceptions what will prove me wrong, but from what I've seen, your bought-and-paid-for congresscritter will get exactly the same answer from the USCIS as you would if you made an INFOPASS appointment and asked them... I'm sorry if that sounds pessimistic, but thats the state of the union in the US today folks...

There's also been mention here about trying to get the press interested.. well good luck. There are immigrants who are in the MILITARY who can't get their security checks done... and what more in the "national interest" could that be? If THEY end up with squat, what chance have you?

But hey, it's Friday... the weekend... maybe I'll chill by Monday...

romit said:
Just received the results of FOIPA request from FBI. It indicated No Records. what does this mean?

This does not tell me that Name Check is done, so what else can I do at this point. Of course I am still waiting for a response to my email to FBI about the name check.

It probably means that you'll still be on this board in 2007 talking about this...

Frankly my patience is wearing thin... Since my marriage is also wearing thin, I'm actually thinking about abandoning it all and returning to Europe... at least there I can work all over the EU and not have to deal with this crap...

you are too pessimistic

even though I am frustrated with security check as well, I think that the length of time of security check must be bounded from above (< 4 years?)

steveva2001 said:
It probably means that you'll still be on this board in 2007 talking about this...

Frankly my patience is wearing thin... Since my marriage is also wearing thin, I'm actually thinking about abandoning it all and returning to Europe... at least there I can work all over the EU and not have to deal with this crap...

wildthing said:
even though I am frustrated with security check as well, I think that the length of time of security check must be bounded from above (< 4 years?)

The mere idea that a security check could take up to ONE year, let alone FOUR years is something I find completely offensive. It's bad enough that the USCIS take as long as the do to actually do their part of the process; it's frankly repulsive that the security check can actually take longer, and to even try to pass the excuse that it's being done in the name of 'national security' is just a ploy at best.

If they really wanted to make this work faster, they would. The fact is that information is a commodity nowadays, and since pretty much everything is computerized, information retrieval doesn't take 26 months to accomplish.

We've seen time and time again that name checks are often completed and sent back on the SAME day they are submitted, and you can't tell me that (for example) the FBI/CIA doesn't have a direct line of cummunication to (in my case as a UK citizen) MI5/MI6 to get whatever information they need to check me out.

This whole process has made me such a cynical bastard, I tell you...

Hey guys, I have been waiting for my name check since August 2003 and I called USCIS to see whats going on with the case. After I gave my recipt number to the officer she told me my case was approved in July 2002 :confused: . Any ways, I recived a letter yesterday telling me that they need me to complete I-89 with photos to finish processing of my case . I have not recived any letter telling me I have been approved. I dont know what to believe and I dont have that much hope the waite is over. Has anyone had an experience like me?

aminm said:
Hey guys, I have been waiting for my name check since August 2003 and I called USCIS to see whats going on with the case. After I gave my recipt number to the officer she told me my case was approved in July 2002

Aminm, just wondering which number did you call? I called at 202 area code and was told to email them. If there is a number where I can get the current status over the phone, I'll really appreciate if you can share it.

Thanks

Eric

aminm said:
Hey guys, I have been waiting for my name check since August 2003 and I called USCIS to see whats going on with the case. After I gave my recipt number to the officer she told me my case was approved in July 2002 :confused: . Any ways, I recived a letter yesterday telling me that they need me to complete I-89 with photos to finish processing of my case . I have not recived any letter telling me I have been approved. I dont know what to believe and I dont have that much hope the waite is over. Has anyone had an experience like me?

just wondering, which number did you call? please give us the number.

Thank you

Hey guys, I just called National benefit Center, the phone number is a toll free that is available at the USCIS.GOV website under check status. But I dont trust them a bit guys.
It is impossible that I was approved in that date because I applied in April 02 and had my interview on September of 03.
1 (800) 375-5283

Last edited by a moderator:
i recieved a letter from INS last yaer that your GC has been approved come to office and get a temp GC (stamp) or wait for your card it will mailed to you. I went to INS and got a temp GC stamp for an year. But i have not recieved anything in an year so i went back cause i had to renew or had to get a card from them. An officer asked for my passport and he said oh it was my mistake i didnt follow up the process your name is still in the pending from fBI name check and he said i have to cancle your GC, I was LIKE what ?? and i said i m planing to visit my family and what if my job asks for my status...he said oh thats not my problem. i was so pissed i said okay give me the work permit then...atleast i should have some status, he said you can apply for work permit again....JUST IMAGIN !!!

i talked to my lawyer and they advised me to stay there around the building and we will call you back...after like 2 hours my lawyer called me back and advised me to go back and they will re-issue ur GC again cause its not right whatever they did....i went back and the same guy re-issue for next six months.....

Thats what happend to me, now i have six months stamps and my name is still in pending and my license will be expire sooon.

Any opinion or any help please !!! You guys have any number i can call or expidite my process ??? please let me know, I would really apprciate your help

thanks

Hey Steveva2001 -

I do understand your frustation ,you hang in there ! Im confident the system works ...pretty soon you will have your green card !

We all have our days when our patience runs thin ....I have been waiting for nearly a year after my interview ...no response yet...key is to be calm & wait ...

Thanks

I-485 approved

Timeline:

May 27, '04: Filed marriage-based application at San Jose (CA) CIS office
June 10, '04: Receipt date
July 12, '04: Fingerprinting at Application Support Office (ASO)
July 17, '04: Recieved EAD card at San Jose office
Jan 13, '05: Interview; I-485 approval pending due to FBI name check
April 12, '05: Faxed FOIPA request to FBI
April 26, '05: Recieved "no records" response to FOIPA in mail
May 1, '05: E-filed EAD
May 6, '05: Photo/signature/fingerprint at ASO for E-filed EAD
May 6, '05: Conditional GC status approved by San Jose CIS (letter in mail)

My name is not a common name. I am pleasantly surprised by the turn of events, as I was expecting atleast a year or two for the FBI name check delay to be rectified.

Best of luck to everyone ! And thanks for the support and information.

blues ..

blues_traveler said:
Timeline:

May 27, '04: Filed marriage-based application at San Jose (CA) CIS office
June 10, '04: Receipt date
July 12, '04: Fingerprinting at Application Support Office (ASO)
July 17, '04: Recieved EAD card at San Jose office
Jan 13, '05: Interview; I-485 approval pending due to FBI name check
April 12, '05: Faxed FOIPA request to FBI
April 26, '05: Recieved "no records" response to FOIPA in mail
May 1, '05: E-filed EAD
May 6, '05: Photo/signature/fingerprint at ASO for E-filed EAD
May 6, '05: Conditional GC status approved by San Jose CIS (letter in mail)

My name is not a common name. I am pleasantly surprised by the turn of events, as I was expecting atleast a year or two for the FBI name check delay to be rectified.

Best of luck to everyone ! And thanks for the support and information.

blues ..

WOW. That was great.

This makes me more nervous because I had the interview on the same day and in same place. I haven't received anything yet. May be EAD renewal triggered it? I Haven't done that yet. I will do it soon, let's see what happens.

romit said:
WOW. That was great.

This makes me more nervous because I had the interview on the same day and in same place. I haven't received anything yet. May be EAD renewal triggered it? I Haven't done that yet. I will do it soon, let's see what happens.

I recieved a letter from INS last yaer that your GC has been approved come to office and get a temp GC (stamp) or wait for your card it will mailed to you. I went to INS and got a temp GC stamp for an year. But i have not recieved anything in an year so i went back cause i had to renew or had to get a card from them. An officer asked for my passport and he said oh it was my mistake i didnt follow up the process your name is still in the pending from fBI name check and he said i have to cancle your GC, I was LIKE what ?? and i said i m planing to visit my family and what if my job asks for my status...he said oh thats not my problem. i was so pissed i said okay give me the work permit then...atleast i should have some status, he said you can apply for work permit again....JUST IMAGIN !!!

i talked to my lawyer and they advised me to stay there around the building and we will call you back...after like 2 hours my lawyer called me back and advised me to go back and they will re-issue ur GC again cause its not right whatever they did....i went back and the same guy re-issue me a GC for next six months.

Thats what happend to me, now i have six months stamps and my name is still in pending and my license will be expire sooon.

Any opinion or any help please !!! You guys have any number i can call or expidite my process ??? please let me know, I would really apprciate your help

thanks

aminm said:
I went to the USCIS center and the officer told me that this letter is a generic letter that the center sends to every one and my case is still pending because of FBI name check. It has been 22 months waiting for that name check guys and I am so tired of dealing with it. The officer told me that it could take up to2&1/2 to 3 years. I cant handle it any more. I tried e-mail, senator and letter and calling USCIS and nothing yet. One of my friends told me I need to talk to a lawer but I have no hope on that either. Guys, it just doesnt make any sence to me that FBI needs 3 years to find out someone is not a danger. I believe they are just using this excuse to delay or even stop immigration. There is much more to it than we know. :mad:

aminm said:
I went to the USCIS center and the officer told me that this letter is a generic letter that the center sends to every one and my case is still pending because of FBI name check. It has been 22 months waiting for that name check guys and I am so tired of dealing with it. The officer told me that it could take up to2&1/2 to 3 years. I cant handle it any more. I tried e-mail, senator and letter and calling USCIS and nothing yet. One of my friends told me I need to talk to a lawer but I have no hope on that either. Guys, it just doesnt make any sence to me that FBI needs 3 years to find out someone is not a danger. I believe they are just using this excuse to delay or even stop immigration. There is much more to it than we know. :mad:

Amin, your situation is not unique. My wife dealt with it for more than 2 and half years and the only response we got was it is pending a name check with several agencies. We hired a lawyer and spent huge loads of legal fees to communicate with several branches of CIS and it just did not work. As the last option our immigration lawyer suggested us to file a "writ of mandamus" in a destrict court. Keep in mind that not every immigration lawyer can do litigation. So, if you really NEED to get your GC, and you are willing to pay huge legal fees, this option WILL work. It worked for us. USUALLY, the CIS will not do legal fight for applications which are pending for more than 2 years (while they are supposed to be adjudicated; accpeted/denied within 120 days).

Hi
Can you kindly provide me the name of your lawyer. I do not know if my lawyer can do litigation. My e mail: saintlouisman2000@yahoo.com. How much is the cost for litigation, if you cpould provide a ball park figure that will be helpfull too.
Thanks

Crusher said:
Amin, your situation is not unique. My wife dealt with it for more than 2 and half years and the only response we got was it is pending a name check with several agencies. We hired a lawyer and spent huge loads of legal fees to communicate with several branches of CIS and it just did not work. As the last option our immigration lawyer suggested us to file a "writ of mandamus" in a destrict court. Keep in mind that not every immigration lawyer can do litigation. So, if you really NEED to get your GC, and you are willing to pay huge legal fees, this option WILL work. It worked for us. USUALLY, the CIS will not do legal fight for applications which are pending for more than 2 years (while they are supposed to be adjudicated; accpeted/denied within 120 days).

i recieved a letter from INS last yaer that your GC has been approved come to office and get a temp GC (stamp) or wait for your card it will mailed to you. I went to INS and got a temp GC stamp for an year. But i have not recieved anything in an year so i went back cause i had to renew or had to get a card from them. An officer asked for my passport and he said oh it was my mistake i didnt follow up the process your name is still in the pending from fBI name check and he said i have to cancle your GC, I was LIKE what ?? and i said i m planing to visit my family and what if my job asks for my status...he said oh thats not my problem. i was so pissed i said okay give me the work permit then...atleast i should have some status, he said you can apply for work permit again....JUST IMAGIN !!!

i talked to my lawyer and they advised me to stay there around the building and we will call you back...after like 2 hours my lawyer called me back and advised me to go back and they will re-issue ur GC again cause its not right whatever they did....i went back and the same guy re-issue me a GC for next six months.....

Also, officer gave me a letter that says "Your GC issued on ---- date due to error, your case is still in pending, we are intend to rescind your GC and you have 30 days to respond to this letter".

My lawyer wrote a letter to CIS to have court hearing (something like that), my lawyer says two things could be happen, either your name is already been checked and they (CIS) won't bother to have hearing and issued u a GC or they will come to court, lawyer also mentioned that we had to write a letter since CIS mentioned in their letter that you have 30 days to respond and we are INTEND to RECIND.

Thanks
-Querry

Querry,

You have posted your case here several times. If anyone on this thread had anything to contribute to your situation they would have done that by now. Please start a new thread for your situation if you want. This thread does not deal with your situation.