FBI name Check Pending

be patient

I was interviewed in Nov 2003 and still waiting. so i think 2004 ladies and gentlemen should be more patient. :)

website for this issue

I have been waiting since Aug 203. Something has to be done, let the media know How about we come up with a website for this issue and call it FBI name Check Frustrations and folks share their experience . what you folks think?

legal immigrant right

akhater said:
I have been waiting since Aug 203. Something has to be done, let the media know How about we come up with a website for this issue and call it FBI name Check Frustrations and folks share their experience . what you folks think?
It will be better off to have an organization to channel our agony to action, like Immigration Support Network that lobby for H1B. Opponents of immigration
are against all immigrant(legal and illegal), but proponent of immigration only speak up for illegal immigrant. No strong voice for people like us (legal immigrant waits long long time) on main stream media. Patience is least effective ways to solve our problems. Most of federal immigration resources are used for handling illegal immigrant matters, but leave inadequate resources to handle our cases ( I don't have exact number to support this ). That is why we wait and wait.
We should act instead of wait! To defend our legal immigrant right.

akhater said:

Hmm. I'm still not convinced that the problem lies with the FBI. I've seen too many instances where people have gotten back information from the FBI that the name check results were sent back to the USCIS... I strongly believe that it's there (USCIS) that the problem lies...

well , if you are waiting for the greencard and have been waiting for the Name check for 2 years , can you sue? if so who ?

akhater said:
well , if you are waiting for the greencard and have been waiting for the Name check for 2 years , can you sue? if so who ?

Ah... yes... "sue" the great American answer to everything!!!

Seriously tho, As far as I know, the only option is a Writ of Mandamus, which is expensive... and frankly not a guarentee of success anyway. And to be honest with you, I feel I've spent enough money on these people.

I am convinced the delay is with the INS. Infact a reliable source has informed me that the INS is lagging behind because they are so unorganized.The very fact that many people in this forum have recd a letter from the FBI stating that the name check was sent back to the INS is a clear indication that its not the FBI thats delaying things.
Incase there are any New Yorkers who have been interviewed around dec 03 welcome to another long wait at least a year. God give us more patience.
No news from the INS about the letter I sent them about status inquiry. No reply yet from senators or congressman.
Applied: Oct 2001
Receipt dt: dec 01
Interviewed : dec 03

I called FBI name check and the lady said you need to email us with your request. I emailed them day b4 yesterday but i have not recieved anything yet.... My case is pending since June 2004.

My question is, do they response you back and how long do they take usually ???

Thanks
Querry

Last edited by a moderator:
Querry said:
I called FBI name check and the lady said you need to email us with your request. I emailed them day b4 yesterday but i have not recieved anything yet.... My case is pending since June 2004.

My question is, do they response you back and how long do they take usually ???

Thanks
Querry

Patience is the thing here. I sent them an email last January the 13th and I have not received anything yet. The same lady told me that they are responding to emails they received last december.

romit said:
Patience is the thing here. I sent them an email last January the 13th and I have not received anything yet. The same lady told me that they are responding to emails they received last december.

WOW !! but my GC will be expire after six months and they extended my GC (stamp) they didnt give me a card yet cause they said oh FBI didn't response us back yet and your name is still in pending..

what should i do then ??

Please advice !

-Thanks
Querry

I have a GC stamp on my passport which will be expire after six months. An immigration officer re-stamped on my passport, he was unable to give me a card since my name check is not completed yet. Also, my license will be expire after 4 months and i have to re-new my license too and in order to that i will have to give them a proof that i am legally living in US.

What if FBI name check process does not complete by that time ?

Please advice me and also, please let me know is there any number i can call them and follow up my namecheck. I called 202-324-3625 and lady said you will need to email us and i did that 3 days before...

I will really appreciate your help.

-Thanks
Querry

FOIPA Request

Just received the results of FOIPA request from FBI. It indicated No Records. what does this mean?

This does not tell me that Name Check is done, so what else can I do at this point. Of course I am still waiting for a response to my email to FBI about the name check.

Querry said:
I have a GC stamp on my passport which will be expire after six months. An immigration officer re-stamped on my passport, he was unable to give me a card since my name check is not completed yet. Also, my license will be expire after 4 months and i have to re-new my license too and in order to that i will have to give them a proof that i am legally living in US.

Please advice me and also, please let me know is there any number i can call them and follow up my namecheck. I called 202-324-3625 and lady said you will need to email us and i did that 3 days before...

-Thanks
Querry

PLEASE HELP !

-Thanks
Querry

Hi Query,
How did they stamp your passport without name check clearance. My understanding is that without name check the stamp can not be placed. Does that mean you have a GC now and the date of stamping is the date of approval.
Anyone has any opinion.

i recieved a letter from INS last yaer that your GC has been approved come to office and get a temp GC (stamp) or wait for your card it will mailed to you. I went to INS and got a temp GC stamp for an year. But i have not recieved anything in an year so i went back cause i had to renew or had to get a card from them. An officer asked for my passport and he said oh it was my mistake i didnt follow up the process your name is still in the pending from fBI name check and he said i have to cancle your GC, I was LIKE what ?? and i said i m planing to visit my family and what if my job asks for my status...he said oh thats not my problem. i was so pissed i said okay give me the work permit then...atleast i should have some status, he said you can apply for work permit again....JUST IMAGIN !!!

i talked to my lawyer and they advised me to stay there around the building and we will call you back...after like 2 hours my lawyer called me back and advised me to go back and they will re-issue ur GC again cause its not right whatever they did....i went back and the same guy re-issue for next six months.....

Thats what happend to me, now i have six months stamps and my name is still in pending and my license will be expire sooon.

Any opinion or any help please !!! You guys have any number i can call or expidite my process ??? please let me know, I would really apprciate your help

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Steveva2001....

Did you you hear back from USCIS Ombudsman's Office , it been well past 45 days now ..right ?

Thanks

HELP !! Background Check

HELP

I have a situation here. I did my FP on March 2005 in Charlotte.
I did call the number to check my finger print status. The officer mentioned that our FP's were cleared within a week and a report was sent to USCIS.

I would need some help to assess the situation and decide upon my next steps. Can you guys take a look a this letter and let me know what is the best next course of action?Also,what is FOIPA? How do I send that enquiry?

Recently, I talked to local Congressman about my case. After couple of weeks, Congressman’s office got back to me with a letter as stated:

Dear MR.XXXXXX

Thank you for xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

According to CIS officials, you and your wife's I-485 are currently pending. They are waiting for Background check information to come back before they can proceed with adjudication of your petition. Because of tremendous amount of applications, agency officials will not offer an expected date of adjudication.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if there are any changes to your case.

Sincerely,

Congressman X

GCWaitLA said:
Hey Steveva2001....

Did you you hear back from USCIS Ombudsman's Office , it been well past 45 days now ..right ?

Thanks

Not a damned thing.

In fact, I just sent them another letter...

What's the point when even the so-called Ombudsmans office can't even get any kind of answer from them? Personally, I think the Ombudsmans office is just a front by homeland security to make it _look_ like they are trying to fix things...