FBI name Check Pending

blues_traveler said:
Romit, I agree Mr. Khanna might be able to suggest a way of navigating this bottleneck.

Btw, did you fax the FOIPA form to the FBI ?

Blues,
I only sent an email to FBI, no FOIPA. have you done it? where is the form? please let me know.

-------------------------------
let's send a letter to Mr. Rajiv Khanna together.

anybody else, any thoughts?

can anyone help

My wife and I had my AOS interview in Manhattan on September 15th, 2004. The officer told me that “the case was granted” and “you should be receiving your card in a couple of weeks”. When I asked her if she could stamp my passport she said no, and repeated that the card will arrive shortly. I was aware that my case was a part of the “fast track pilot project” and figured that they treated those approvals differently – w/out stamping. She said that FBI clearance was required before they would ask me to stamp my passport
It has almost been over seven months and I have no word from them; also my online case status has been the same since the day they received my fingerprints.
Went to the NYC office a couple of times but they could not help because they only new what was on the system as of July 2004.

romit said:
I would like to start a new thred on this issue. I am finding many of us having this issue at the interview and thus not getting stamped on the passport after a successful interview.

I had my interview at San Jose on January 13th. The officer showed me a paper that 40-60% of the cases are not approved because of this issue. If you are one of these, please share your experiences afterwards.

I have not heard anything since then. What can we do to expedite this process?

Thank you in advance to all of you who are willing to help.

Romit

romit said:
another horror story to follow here: http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=171258

we might be in a trap. let's do something together. may be we can all write a letter to Mr. Rajiv Khanna who might be able to suggest something for all of us.

You know, if I were a suspicious person, I'd be starting to think that there's some government conspiracy at work here, designed to keep us all in our place and at the mercy of the Homeland Security Department :)

Oh wait, the FBI's as the door...

:D

similar situation

got stuck in name check for more than a year. No idea when it will go through. It appears that no one in FBI even attempts to increase the efficiency for processing name checks for those of us who have common names.

Name check

wildthing, how do you know is the name check? I first thought the same thing, that FBI takes too much time to give the clearance; but not too long ago, after I've sent a name check inquiry, I received an answer from them telling me that USCIS had the name check at the time of the interview. And the officer told us(me and my wife) that she couldn't take a decision because they didn't have the name check at that time..I suggest that everyone send the name check inquiry and FOIPA request to confirm whether USCIS has the clearance or not. George

guys, I am have been waiting for my bakcground check since August of 2003. I sent 3 emails to FBI in January and faxed my senator in February. I submited an inquiry to USCIS last month and I havnt heard anything yet. It seems like to one cares about our case. The resault of my FIOPA came shortly after I applied for it and they had no records from me. what else can I do guys? :confused:

i dont think its the name check thats delaying things..in my case its been 17 months now since I had my interview.The only reply I have always recd from the NY office is that the file is pending with the officer and they have a backlog.
According to the FBI my fingerprint reports were processed after 2 days and sent back to the INS. As for name check still waiting for a reply..Meanwhile its been 2 months since my husband ( a USC )wrote strong letters to the Senator, Congressman but not much there. A week back I recd a letter from the Congressman thanking me for contacting his office and it would take abt 12 weeks to get a reply from the INS..So its the same old story keep waiting for the Very Busy Officers to take out time from their busy schedules to process our files...

Weird ?

Hi Guys,

I was browsing "DORA" express GC program offered to people who live in Dallas Texas ....link here on this forum. I am very puzzled by the fact that people applying under DORA got their GC's in 90 days and you guys are stuck in name check mess. Don't they have to go through name check process. IF yes how come their gets processed in 90 days??

I think only BCIS people can answer that...

Akshat

Wow... this nonsense seems to be more widespread than I thought, and while it gives me no pleasure at all to see so many more people suffering the same crap, I'm glad it's not just me...

I checked back through my notes, and discovered that today, April 23rd 2005, it is exactly 26 months since my AOS interview... an anniversary of sorts...

:eek:

it took 5 months to get email response from fbi

apparently. US government is treating immigrations from Asian countries like dirt.

They impose arbitrary amount of delay on us without even the decency to let us know the case status within reasonable amount of time.

I sent email to fbi last nov and got response this month that my case was still pending.

How odd is that??? If this is the efficiency of US intelligence, how could they be so confident that they are offering sufficient protection to the US citizens?

Indeed, this looks like a "conspiracy" of slowing down immigration from asian coountries. They had done similar things in the past except it was blatant at that time. Now it is more subtle. Just like the US congress can pass a law in 1996 to punish immigrants when they had the "domestic" terror attack.

All US law makers need is an excuse to stop immigration.

ivesti said:
wildthing, how do you know is the name check? I first thought the same thing, that FBI takes too much time to give the clearance; but not too long ago, after I've sent a name check inquiry, I received an answer from them telling me that USCIS had the name check at the time of the interview. And the officer told us(me and my wife) that she couldn't take a decision because they didn't have the name check at that time..I suggest that everyone send the name check inquiry and FOIPA request to confirm whether USCIS has the clearance or not. George

Called FBI Main Line today

I called FBI main line today and asked about my inquiry about the name check. She told me that they are processing december inquiries now. I sent it in January, so I have to wait longer. It is just unbelievable. How can they catch terrorists if they need so much time to verify somebody?

romit said:
I called FBI main line today and asked about my inquiry about the name check. She told me that they are processing december inquiries now. I sent it in January, so I have to wait longer. It is just unbelievable. How can they catch terrorists if they need so much time to verify somebody?
Romit,

Could you please give us the phone number you called and menu options you went through before someone actually answered the phone? I have tried a 202 area code number (don't recall the number right now) but could not go past the stupid computer giving me a run around.

Thanks

Eric

EricNeesGC said:
Romit,

Could you please give us the phone number you called and menu options you went through before someone actually answered the phone? I have tried a 202 area code number (don't recall the number right now) but could not go past the stupid computer giving me a run around.

Thanks

Eric

This is the number I called: (202) 324-3625

I did not have to go through any options, a lady answerd the call.

what year?

Romit,
what year did your name check go to fbi?
should we set up a time table to see the progress? well, that depends on FBI process the cases in the order they receive them. :confused: but i doubt that.

Looking for Name check email address

Dear All,

Can anyone tell me email address for name check division (FBI), my case is still pending since 2004.

I would really appreciate your help !

Thanks !

seattleWA said:
We received responce from FBI for N-400.
here is the copy
Dear XXX XXXX:

I am responding to your email dated November 19, 2004, concerning your name check status for immigration purposes.

The FBI completed a name check for you on July 12, 2004, and the results were forwarded to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Headquarters, Washington, DC.

Sincerely yours,

Michael A. Cannon/gmg
Chief, National Name Check
Program Section
Records Management Division

Have you used this email and sent USCIS for any matter to get your case approved? pLease let us know.

Querry said:
Dear All,

Can anyone tell me email address for name check division (FBI), my case is still pending since 2004.

I would really appreciate your help !

Thanks !
You can email at fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov. Make sure to include your First and last name, date of birth, A#, Receipt number and date of interview.

Thanks and good luck

Eric