FBI Name Check - 'NO REQUEST FROM USCIS' - Next Course of Action

hi needhelp1, what's the from address of

the email from fbi? just want to make sure i don't delete it from my junk accidentally.

Contacting Senator/local congressman

Hi All,
I had posted in this forum a week back regarding my case. My 485 has a RD of 12/03/2003. Vermont is processing 03/25/2004. So filed for an inquiry and got a letter that no visa available. So I called VSC and they agreed they made a mistake of putting me in EB3 pool. Now my app is in EB2 and they told you are set, meaning, my app should get picked up by someone.

I am reading about contacting local senator/local congressman. I live/work in Dallas,TX but was filed in VT. So whom should I contact? Should it be senator/congressman office of Dallas,TX or Vermont?

Thank you

It looks like your case will be adjudicated soon as VSC has realised its mistake. I would say you should put up another enquiry sometime in the end of month and I am sure VSC will definately take up you case.
And if you still want to contact the congressman, you should contact the congressman in TX as you are now living in TX and you will have to show the proof of residence for congressman to take up your case. Good Luck!
dallasgang said:
Hi All,
I had posted in this forum a week back regarding my case. My 485 has a RD of 12/03/2003. Vermont is processing 03/25/2004. So filed for an inquiry and got a letter that no visa available. So I called VSC and they agreed they made a mistake of putting me in EB3 pool. Now my app is in EB2 and they told you are set, meaning, my app should get picked up by someone.

I am reading about contacting local senator/local congressman. I live/work in Dallas,TX but was filed in VT. So whom should I contact? Should it be senator/congressman office of Dallas,TX or Vermont?

Thank you

FOIPA returned NO RECORDS

Folks,
I emailed fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov on 3/28.
I faxed FBI Name Check Inquiry 3/29.
I faxed FOIPA Inquiry 3/31 and FOIPA returned NO RECORDS today 4/20.
What is the next step?

I would not get unnessarily worried about Name Check unless if you are sure that it is stuck with FBI. What I have observed so far is that after the Thrid Quarter of 2003, the systems between FBI and USCIS became more stable and I haven't seen lots of name check issues after third quarter of 2003. So I think everybody should not make enquiries to FBI as it will only make the entire process slow.

I think you should make a routine enquiry with USCIS or VSC and if they tell you that your case is pending name check, then you can write a separate letter to Mr.Hardy and ask for his office help to expedite.

1moreday said:
Folks,
I emailed fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov on 3/28.
I faxed FBI Name Check Inquiry 3/29.
I faxed FOIPA Inquiry 3/31 and FOIPA returned NO RECORDS today 4/20.
What is the next step?

FBI Name checking is still pending

My congressman office told me that my case (RD Oct 2002, FBI check sent in Jan 2003) was down from a backlog from 2.5M to 7000. and FBI is clearing about 1000/month.

Any way to seek expidate review by FBI? (congressman said they can not push FBI in light of high security issue

Write a personal letter to Mr.Hardy's office and tell them that your case is pending because of FBI Name Check is Pending and request him to expedite it and also for proof, attach any USCIS or Congresman's office response to prove your statement in that letter. Good Luck!
blueking said:
My congressman office told me that my case (RD Oct 2002, FBI check sent in Jan 2003) was down from a backlog from 2.5M to 7000. and FBI is clearing about 1000/month.

Any way to seek expidate review by FBI? (congressman said they can not push FBI in light of high security issue

Hidden_man said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by needhelp1
It looks like your name got hit in the NNCP database. You can do the below following things and hope for the best.

1. First Request FOIPA and see what response will you get from it.
If you get records found than you have a case with FBI on your name. If you get no records, then it is quite possible that your name might got hit in the reference check. So based on the response, you can then write a letter to Mr.Hardy's office and tell them about your case and request them to expedite and also attach the copy of FOIPA response.

You will get the FOIPA request format in the forum and I think I have posted it sometime ago and also somebody explained the difference between FOIPA check and NNCP (National Name Check Program for GC ) checks. Search for Main hit or Reference hit and you will know how FBI clears the name.

Thanks NeedHelp.
I will work on what you have said.

Thanks again..

Hi needhelp1,
I have recieved the response to my FOIA with FBI ( Faxed 11th APR, Recd letter 23th APR) which says "No records".
As per your suggestion I should be writing a letter to Mr. Hardy and should request them to expedite. I have following questions before I do that from you:

1. I have not contacted USCIS to check status my of my case. Should I do that and wait before I write a letter to Mr. Hardy so that I can attach USCIS resonse?? Or It would be fine to write a letter without this response.
(
1. I already have FBI name check status mail from FBI saying Its pending more than 400 days
2. I have FOIA letter from FBI stating they have no records for me
)

2. As everybody of us is going through this painful wait to get GC which affects our live in many ways. Can you suggest some appealing reason which FBI buys when we write a letter to expedite the Name check to FBI.

Thanks You in Advance

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you should wait for the USCIS response just to see what they have to say regarding your I485. And if they say that it is pending due to FBI Name/DOB check, then I would attach the same along with the previous FBI email and write a detailed letter to Mr.Hooton asking for his help and in brief along with dates explain the entire case and how it is getting delayed for approval just because of the name check issue. And it looks like your name might have got a hit in the reference hit and FBI needs to assign an analyst to manually clear your name after checking it throughly. Good Luck!

I acutally attached 4 other letters from different sources regarding mycase to FBI and all said that our case is pending because of FBI Name/DOB check not cleared and I think it helped in clearing my name quickly.
Hidden_man said:
Hi needhelp1,
I have recieved the response to my FOIA with FBI ( Faxed 11th APR, Recd letter 23th APR) which says "No records".
As per your suggestion I should be writing a letter to Mr. Hardy and should request them to expedite. I have following questions before I do that from you:

1. I have not contacted USCIS to check status my of my case. Should I do that and wait before I write a letter to Mr. Hardy so that I can attach USCIS resonse?? Or It would be fine to write a letter without this response.
(
1. I already have FBI name check status mail from FBI saying Its pending more than 400 days
2. I have FOIA letter from FBI stating they have no records for me
)

2. As everybody of us is going through this painful wait to get GC which affects our live in many ways. Can you suggest some appealing reason which FBI buys when we write a letter to expedite the Name check to FBI.

Thanks You in Advance

rajudm said:
Once FBI name check is cleared, it would be very quick. If for some reason CBI name check is needed then it will be years to see the light. Some Russians and Chinese are having trouble with this....(from the forum.....)

Hi, what's CBI name check? My FBI name check was cleared in 2003. RD for my 485 is 11/2002 and I keep getting replays that my case is pending some mysterious security check.

I-140 approved

I-140 approved today.

I-140 & I-485 applied concurrently RD November 2002.
I-485 still pending

today I sent a letter to Mr. Hardy kindly asking to help clearing my name check... as a reason I mentioned that my GC process is already 4 years long, and my wife's name check has been completed and it's my name check is holding the cases as I am the primary applicant...
I also attached their response to my FOIPA request saying "No Records"... let's see what they reply...

also, I've sent a few emails to fbinncp in Nov, Dec, and Jan... no response so far... and probably the reason is that (a) the name check is still pending, (b) my name check was initiated _after_ I sent the emails, to be exact in March... and it's still pending...

i am from former CIS country and usually it takes about 90 days to clear the name check, I already passed about 60 days...so I decided to push the button and ask Mr Hardy for help...

wish me luck :) thanks in advance :)

FastAndLucky said:
today I sent a letter to Mr. Hardy kindly asking to help clearing my name check... as a reason I mentioned that my GC process is already 4 years long, and my wife's name check has been completed and it's my name check is holding the cases as I am the primary applicant...
I also attached their response to my FOIPA request saying "No Records"... let's see what they reply...

also, I've sent a few emails to fbinncp in Nov, Dec, and Jan... no response so far... and probably the reason is that (a) the name check is still pending, (b) my name check was initiated _after_ I sent the emails, to be exact in March... and it's still pending...

i am from former CIS country and usually it takes about 90 days to clear the name check, I already passed about 60 days...so I decided to push the button and ask Mr Hardy for help...

wish me luck :) thanks in advance :)

FastAndLucky,
Let's use this thread for tracking the stuck Name Checks:

http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=174845

Please post you information here.

Thanks

fastand lucky,
I sent a mail to Mr.Hardy on 5/9/05, still haven't seen any effect of that.
I am in a same situation as urs, my wife's name is clear but waiting on mine.

srisss,

do you know by any chance when your NC was issued by USCIS ? mine was issued in March 04... still waiting for it to be cleared.

I sent a fax to Mr. Hardy this week. It's like my 5th request already :)

hi,

my name check is pending for over 20 months now. contacted local (in Dallas) congressman twice in the past few months. they contacted USCIS and response is pending security check. The congressman's office said they can not do anything since it is FBI, they are in charge of national security.

What options do I have besides waiting for mercy upon me by FBI?

Daniel