FBI Name Check - 'NO REQUEST FROM USCIS' - Next Course of Action

amurat said:
Folks,

I am confused please advise..

I am one of those luck ones, USCIS never requested name check. After I expdiated to Congressman office, VSC told they have requested name check on Feb 5th. However, I got email back from FBI on Feb 26th stating thay haven't recieved the request.

I called VSC but they said they can't say anything :-( Couldn't get help from Congressman Office as well.

Any similar experince ? what should I do ?

I 485 RD 3/11/03

Amurat

It looks like our 'karmic consequence' is acting on the unlucky ones in the form of name check. FBI people might be looking at different screen when they are responding to e-mail status. While USCIS request is going via Washington DC for old timers (who were ignored by FBI due to their lack of proper software communication), It is being addressed differently by FBI as stated by NeedHelp1. NeedHelp1 has his name check cleared...so the only option now is to get hold of some FBI rep who could confirm it.

1. Send an expedite request and also mention in that letter that your name check is not received by FBI and as proof attach the email sent by FBI. If you do this, the USCIS will definately send another request to FBI.

2. Wait for two or three weeks and then call VSC and request them whether your name check was actually sent, because for all the late 2002 and early 2003 filers who are having this name check issue, USCIS is sending the names through some manual process and it is going to FBI through USCIS Washington DC office and they are calling it as a "Manifest File" and VSC rep will only be able to tell only after the "Manifest File" is sent to FBI and your status will then change to Name Check Pending on your file.

3. Once you know that your name has been sent, then you should write a letter to Mr. David Hardy's office explaining the issue and also the pain you are going through this process and also attach all the corresponding documents as proof and hope for the best. And also try to call the David Hardy's office and if you get a good rep then you can explain your situation and ask for help.

I was having the same issue and I actually did the above mentioned steps and it worked. I did expedite request on Jan 6th and my name reached FBI on Feb 9th and got cleared on the same day. I also wrote a letter to Mr. David Hardy on Feb 18th and I got reply today from him. I totally understand your frustration and pain, so instead of just hoping for the best, better to act on it quickly. Best of Luck!
amurat said:
Folks,

I am one of those luck ones, USCIS never requested name check. After I expdiated to Congressman office, VSC told they have requested name check on Feb 5th. However, I got email back from FBI on Feb 26th stating thay haven't recieved the request.

I called VSC but they said they can't say anything :-( Couldn't get help from Congressman Office as well.

I 485 RD 3/11/03

Amurat

To Amurat

amurat said:
Folks,

I 485 RD 3/11/03

Amurat

In my case, CSC told me they sent the name check request to FBI on 1/11/05. But FBI responsed my email inquiry that they received the request on 2/09/05. So, as needhelp1 indicated, there might be some time gap between the date that servic center sent the request and the date the request actully reaches FBI.

gbmomgc
RD 11-2002

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks and BCIS ?

Guys,

I have been told by VSC it takes FBI to recive the request since this is manual process (Hope it works better then their automated system)...

Needhalp and others,

I have been told BCIS name check can take upto 6 months after FBI check. Any inside info on this ?

Amurat

BCIS name check

Is this BCIS name check is same as IBIS name check. Where did you get information about 6 months for this kind of check? From what I have read, it takes few days to get the results and it is valid for 90 days (earlier it was only 35 days). This short validity was the main reason for delay in the process sometime in late 2003. Once FBI name check is cleared, it would be very quick. If for some reason CBI name check is needed then it will be years to see the light. Some Russians and Chinese are having trouble with this....(from the forum.....)

I personally think that once after the FBI name check is done, it is then just a matter of time for the VSC to really approve the case if they intent to do so. It all depends on the IIO who is handling our cases and again it depends on our luck too.
Needhalp and others,
I have been told BCIS name check can take upto 6 months after FBI check. Any inside info on this ?
Amurat

Sent name check expedite request

Its been two weeks that I sent the Name Check expedite request. Based on information from VSC, name check request either went in Sept 03 or Nov 04. Can you believe that? I got two different answers with two different agents.

Do you know of a timeframe that FBI responds to expedite requests?

Hi,

My case is different. I sent mail to FBI around October 2004 about my name check. Mean time my 485 was transfered to Newark in Dec.2004. In Feb-2005 I got reply from FBI saying they did not get any request from INS for Name check. I think irrespective of Name check INS processes 485.

Thanks

guys, My case was approved 2 days ago. But I got e-mail on Feb 4th stating that USCIS never issued Name check on my name. and in same message they said that My spouse name check was done on Oct 2003. I was not able to contact USCIS, since my case was denied. then I filed MTR, I got approval in 3 weeks. Now I am not sure that they did Name check. there are 2 things I was thinking about, 1. it may not be mandatory 2. they might did name check within this 3 weeks.

kamvp said:
guys, My case was approved 2 days ago. But I got e-mail on Feb 4th stating that USCIS never issued Name check on my name. and in same message they said that My spouse name check was done on Oct 2003. I was not able to contact USCIS, since my case was denied. then I filed MTR, I got approval in 3 weeks. Now I am not sure that they did Name check. there are 2 things I was thinking about, 1. it may not be mandatory 2. they might did name check within this 3 weeks.

yes they have done your name check in those 3 weeks...it takes only few days if done on priority basis....that's what many of us are seeing after sending expedite request.

File expedite request with VSC without name check completed?

Can you do that with hope of reasonable chances of success? I have heard that name check response from FBI is outside of VSC control and they cannot do anything about the delay. This is what I was told last time I spoke with VSC. Thoughts?

VSC has an option to request an expedite request to FBI and if you are clean, then your name check with FBI will get cleared in like few minutes as it is all automated and the results will be forwarded to VSC immediately.

Assuming if you get a Hit, then USCIS has no control as FBI Analyst should manually verify the name and clear it.

Received no records from FBI

Thanks for your response. I sent the expedite request to FBI after receiving 'no records' message for FOIPA. I will call my attorney next week and see if we can draft an expedite letter to VSC.

Today is my day...

Guys,

I got 4 magic emails today.

I485 RD is March 2003.

Good luck to all...

Amurat

congrats

Hi amurat
congrats for the approval. can you tell me whether you got any feedback that your name check was completed ? also you said that fbi sending back results to USCIS is a manual process . do you know how many days it takes for uscis to reflect that name check is done ?
Thanks in advance
veeru

amurat said:
Guys,

I485 RD is March 2003.

Good luck to all...

Amurat

Wow! This is really a good news amurat. I am really very happy for you as we both sailed almost in the same boat all along and I am hoping that something will happen with our cases too...... :)

amurat said:
Guys,

I485 RD is March 2003.

Good luck to all...

Amurat

Update on FBI Email Request

Dear All,
It looks like the FBI is still responding to the email request as I received email response today for my Nov 15th email. And also I am not sure, if Mr.Hardy is still incharge of NNCP as I see a different name below.

I am responding to your e-mail dated November 15, 2004, requesting
status for an FBI Name Check.

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database concerning needhelp1
revealed a request was received from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on February 9, 2005 and it was completed also on February 9, 2004. The results were forwarded to the USCIS Headquarters in Washington DC.

Sincerely yours,

Michael A. Cannon, Chief/deb
National Name Check Program Section
Records Management Division

Need help

I have received this email from FBI

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database revealed that a request from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for you was received on March 23, 2004, and is currently in a pending status. You may be assured that the immigration authorities will be notified at the earliest possible date upon completion of your case.

Please suggest if I have any options at this point of time.

Thanks

It looks like your name got hit in the NNCP database. You can do the below following things and hope for the best.

1. First Request FOIPA and see what response will you get from it.
If you get records found than you have a case with FBI on your name. If you get no records, then it is quite possible that your name might got hit in the reference check. So based on the response, you can then write a letter to Mr.Hardy's office and tell them about your case and request them to expedite and also attach the copy of FOIPA response.

You will get the FOIPA request format in the forum and I think I have posted it sometime ago and also somebody explained the difference between FOIPA check and NNCP (National Name Check Program for GC ) checks. Search for Main hit or Reference hit and you will know how FBI clears the name.

Hidden_man said:
I have received this email from FBI

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database revealed that a request from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for you was received on March 23, 2004, and is currently in a pending status. You may be assured that the immigration authorities will be notified at the earliest possible date upon completion of your case.

Please suggest if I have any options at this point of time.

Thanks