FBI Name Check - 'NO REQUEST FROM USCIS' - Next Course of Action

Time to Reflect Name Check Complete in USCIS

Hi Needhelp,

As you have mentioned that your name check got completed, did you try to findout from uscis if it shows on their system as cleared.

I am trying to findout how much time it takes after FBI sends the name check information to USCIS to reflect in uscis computers.

I called Vermont on march'21 and, found that now my name check status shows pending, according to the assumption, it means they successfully issued a name check to FBI this time. As you know it takes three months to get a status check response, I tried to call the FBI name check office and, did not get lucky to find if my name check is cleared or not, they asked me to send an email status inquiry, so now I am trying to find out, as soon as the checks completes on FBI side, would it immediately shows in USCIS computers or not, if not how long it will take.

My foipa came with no records, so I am assuming my name check should clear just like your in one day's time.

Generally, as soon as the FBI receives the request and it is run through there automated system for checking the name and if it gets cleared immediately the results are forwarded to USCIS. My name check was cleared on Feb 9th 2005 and when I called on Feb 21st, I was told that the USCIS has received all the checks from FBI. So I would assume it will atleast take a minimum of two to three weeks to get updated in the system. Good Luck!
ma_newuser said:
Hi Needhelp,

As you have mentioned that your name check got completed, did you try to findout from uscis if it shows on their system as cleared.

I am trying to findout how much time it takes after FBI sends the name check information to USCIS to reflect in uscis computers.

I called Vermont on march'21 and, found that now my name check status shows pending, according to the assumption, it means they successfully issued a name check to FBI this time. As you know it takes three months to get a status check response, I tried to call the FBI name check office and, did not get lucky to find if my name check is cleared or not, they asked me to send an email status inquiry, so now I am trying to find out, as soon as the checks completes on FBI side, would it immediately shows in USCIS computers or not, if not how long it will take.

My foipa came with no records, so I am assuming my name check should clear just like your in one day's time.

Needhelp1,
I am one of the sufferres of this NNCP, I filed foipa(3 months back), got no rercs, I had an interview in aug 04, i read rahul kumars pdf,i sent an email in Nov 04 2nd week, till date no email received, which # you called, please explain. Also was it feb 04 initial request by by cis and fbi approval in feb05 or both 05,
Please take a few mins to explain, sorry to bother you.

I sent email in January but have recieved no response. What else can I do

The number to call has been discontinued.

shanmanz said:
I sent email in January but have recieved no response. What else can I do

The number to call has been discontinued.

It is taking 3 to 5 months to get a response from FBI for e-mails. Some got quick response for the certified letters. I sent a certified letter first week of March 05, but yet to hear from them. In the mean time my case got approved on March 29th.

Needhelp1,
Thanks a lot, I will try what you said. I appreciate your patience & time.
In my case also my wife's name is clear, and only my name is pending.

Anytime!
If your wife's name is cleared, then you should write a strong letter to Mr.Hooton explaining him about your cases and how it is holding your I485 adjudications and also explain him the issues you are facing with this delay and I am sure it should work and your name will be cleared soon too! Good Luck!
srisss said:
Needhelp1,
Thanks a lot, I will try what you said. I appreciate your patience & time.
In my case also my wife's name is clear, and only my name is pending.

needhelp1 said:
Anytime!
If your wife's name is cleared, then you should write a strong letter to Mr.Hooton explaining him about your cases and how it is holding your I485 adjudications and also explain him the issues you are facing with this delay and I am sure it should work and your name will be cleared soon too! Good Luck!
Hi needhelp1,
I too am waiting for a response from FBI on my namecheck status. My lawyer sent an email on my behalf in March '05. We haven't heard from FBI yet. Do you think it would be a good idea to send a certified letter?

I had called VSC in Feb '05 (my FP was done in Nov '04) and they said all checks from FBI were clear. My 1st EAD was pending at that time and I was hoping that my 485 would be approved, but when I got my EAD approval email, I called VSC to ask why they did not approve my 485 as the processing dates were near by my ND/RD for I-140 & 485. That is when they said my name check is pending from FBI.

My Details:
EB2, India
PD: Nov-01
Labor approved: Oct-03
I-140, 485 Concurrent Filer ND/RD: Dec-03
FP: Nov-04
LUD: Nov-29-04, Dec-8-04, Dec-29-04
1st EAD approved: Mar-05

-Monitor :(

I honestly think now it is better not to call the FBI as they generally are very busy with lots of work load and I would prefer to write a letter to Mr.Hardy and explain him the case in detail and request his office help. I request chandler to delete the below message as it can cause unnessary headaches for others who will look at the below post and might get into unnessary issues with FBI.

my wife's name check returned NO RECORDS to VSC but my case is still waiting for name check results according to them...

I sent FOIPA letter and a fax last week to the FBI, and a name check status email has been sent in November and January - no reply so far...

is there anyone is similar situation ?

my plan was to get the results of FIOPA request and then send a letter asking to expedite the name check. any other suggestions ?

thanks.

needhelp1 said:
It looks like your name got hit in the NNCP database. You can do the below following things and hope for the best.

1. First Request FOIPA and see what response will you get from it.
If you get records found than you have a case with FBI on your name. If you get no records, then it is quite possible that your name might got hit in the reference check. So based on the response, you can then write a letter to Mr.Hardy's office and tell them about your case and request them to expedite and also attach the copy of FOIPA response.

You will get the FOIPA request format in the forum and I think I have posted it sometime ago and also somebody explained the difference between FOIPA check and NNCP (National Name Check Program for GC ) checks. Search for Main hit or Reference hit and you will know how FBI clears the name.

Thanks NeedHelp.
I will work on what you have said.

Thanks again.

Any IDEA....?

I rcvd four emails from USCIS...
"On April 15, 2005, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283".....

God knows why NO approval.....

Does anyone know about this email....?
thx

Needhelp1,
I want to write a ltr to FBI, with ur exp whom should i address this to Hardy or Hooton or both, also is ltr from me ok or should it be from Congressman.
I had a 485 intrview in aug 04 then this month my wife's 485, I learnt that my orignal name check req was sent in 03, My FIOPA in Nov 04 came with no recs. What is Hardy's address is it same as Hootons. Also because of delay i have been filing ead's/ap's(lots of paper work & time), can you please provide a sample i want to ship out the ltr ASAP. I sent the email to NNCP Nov10'04, no reply yet.

thank you

srisss,
I think you should first write a letter to Mr.Hardy and his address is as below. And if it doesn't work then you can write one to Mr.Hooton as Hooton is really a very big official and if everybody writes to him directly without writing to the concerned officer first, I am sure very soon, Mr.Hooton will also start ignoring the letter he will be receiving. And also please look into "glrao's response about Name Check and it looks like the officer has changed and now there a different person as Chief for NNCP.

Address:
Mr. David M. Hardy
Chief National Name Check Program
Records/Information Dissemination section
Federal Bureau of Investigation
935 Pennsylvania Avenue N.W
Washington DC 20535

srisss said:
Needhelp1,
I want to write a ltr to FBI, with ur exp whom should i address this to Hardy or Hooton or both, also is ltr from me ok or should it be from Congressman.
I had a 485 intrview in aug 04 then this month my wife's 485, I learnt that my orignal name check req was sent in 03, My FIOPA in Nov 04 came with no recs. What is Hardy's address is it same as Hootons. Also because of delay i have been filing ead's/ap's(lots of paper work & time), can you please provide a sample i want to ship out the ltr ASAP. I sent the email to NNCP Nov10'04, no reply yet.

thank you

Needhelp1,
Thanks I will write to Hardy then, Also when i called them on the main # they still say that it is Mr.Hardy's off. I will update once i hear something.

Good Luck to you and don't loose faith as I have been there very recently and all I did was just try to work with FBI by sending a letter and calling the main line once in two weeks and sometimes, I got lucky and the rep helped me regarding my name check.
srisss said:
Needhelp1,
Thanks I will write to Hardy then, Also when i called them on the main # they still say that it is Mr.Hardy's off. I will update once i hear something.

Name Check - initiation

Hi Needhelp,

Could you let me know if you have mailed (snail mail usps) to USCIS the email from FBI to request your name check again, that is the only thing I have not done, I tried the other options that were discussed in this thread.

I did the following and, not sure if VSC has issued a name check request for me or not, because each time I call VSC I am getting different responses from cust reps.

The following are the sequence of things I did, after I learnt that FBI do not have name check request from uscis.

1. Faxed expedite request with FBI email and FIOPA information, which were denied, saying the reasons is not good enough to expedite.
2. Called vsc at end of Jan to let them know that fbi did not have a name check request for me - Rep. said, some name checks fell thru computer cracks and, mentioned about manifest bully and, said my name check was requested in Sep, 2004. When I mentioned about the email from fbi in Jan, 2005, the rep said it takes time to reflect in fbi computers, becaz it goes to washington d.c and from there to fbi.
3. Called vsc in 3rd of week of Feb, rep mentioned that my name check is still not available and, whoever spoke with me before did not follow it up, so that name check is not issued. Also the rep. mentioned, it does not take that much time, as it goes thru a computer, the rep. promised will follow it up and, asked me to call in 3to4 weeks.
4. Called recently and, the rep. says my name check was issued in Sep, 2004 and, asked me to be patient and, mentioned that it was taking 9 to 11 months and, asked to check back only in August, then only they can follow it up for delay reasons.

Meanwhile I contacted Congressman office, Ombud'sman office for help in Jan. To my surpise VSC mentioned to congressman office my name check is cleared, which is absurd, anyhow I told the congressman office that I called vsc in march and, found my name check is not cleared, they said they will follow it up and, let me know once they have some info. It almost a month no news from them. Ombudsman office sent a letter informing that I should hear from vsc in 45days, the reason for delay (which any way I know, they will give security reason crap).

At this time I am not sure, if they issued a name check request or not or the request issued in Sep, 2004 again fell thru cracks did not make it to the FBI.

I think the best thing to do now is to follow it up with FBI and make sure the status with FBI about your name check. If they say that they have not received then I would do another expedite request to VSC explaining clearly about what you have mentioned below and also attach the email or proof from FBI that your name was not requested. If you do that then I am sure that your name will appear in the manifest file to be sent to FBI and I would give atleast a Month for it to reach to FBI and again if you are clean, then it should get clear in a day and VSC should recieve it in another 3 to 4 weeks from then.
If FBI says that your name check is pending then you should work with FBI to expedite it. So bottom line is now you should work with FBI and not VSC and once you have an answer with FBI, you can then decide about your next course of action. Good Luck!

Thank You for your suggestion

thank you for your suggestion. I already sent an email and, tried to call name check dept, but did not had any luck, that person told me to sent the email.
so I'm in the waiting mode.