FBI Name Check - 'NO REQUEST FROM USCIS' - Next Course of Action

vijrek thanks..

thanks...all the best for your speedy I485 approval. We will continue to do all possible things from our side to get the VSC's attention.

Last edited by a moderator:
FOIPA Response

vijrek and others,
I have received a response from FBI saying that a search of the automated indices to their central records system files at FBI Headquarters located no records to my FOIPA request.

Can anybody explain what does this "no records" mean ? I am assuming that my name is clean. I would like to use this FOIPA response and am trying to send another expediate request to VSC. Please adivce.

where do you send expediate request ?

I have also got FBI response with no records.

how do you send expediate request ? any fax number or mail address ?

Amurat

How to file FOIPA for FBI

How do you guys fill FOIPA request for FBI? Do you just follow Mr. Rahul Kumar's post? I checked FBI web site. It has a FOIA request form and Privacy waiver form. Do I need to fill out these two forms? In the FOIA request form, it ask for "assess fee" and "Explanation for a request for a waiver of fees".I am really lost there.

Please let me know what you guys did to do the FOIPA inquiry from FBI.

My 485 RD is April 10, 2003. I know many people whose RD are earlier than mine are still waitting. Still, It's really difficult for me to keep sanity to deal with USCIS and FBI, the two most notorious bureau, at the same time.

Many thanks,

Chandler

Hi Needhelp,

I tried that option, did not work. I sent the FOIPA response and, email from FBI to request expedite processing and, it was denied.

I spoke with the vsc rep. yesterday they said about the manifest file, but that process will be awfully slowly, as it goes manually. For sure, they are keeping track of the expedite requests and, call's to the vsc.
I'm not sure, how often they will send that manifest file to USCIS Head Quarter and, how long they will take to forward that to FBI, and, how long FBI will take to respond to USCIS Head Quarters &, how long it will take to send them to VSC. So, it seeming to be a long wait.

I wrote to Ombudsman and, I contacted local congressman, but because it's security check, I'm not expecting much help from them either.

Sorry! to disappoint. But the good news is atleast VSC is acknowlding that it's a mistake and, unfortunately they are not taking responsibility to correct that in a fast manner.

I am not that disappointed as I sincerely lost all hopes on early approvals of our cases. Like you said, USCIS knows about there mistake and they are just ignoring it as there is no one to really question them hard as it is a matter of national security measures and they just say to congressman that they are working on it and it just sits there for ever.

Our only hope is that the manifest file should be sent fast to FBI and since we have a response from FBI about FOIPA, I am assuming that the FBI will expediate our name check request and again we are at the mercy of USCIS for working on our cases.

One good thing is that once the request of our name check is sent to USCIS, and once we get email confirmation from FBI, we can then request for expediate as the official dates of processing is now Oct 2003 and then they have to accept it.

ma_newuser said:
Hi Needhelp,
I tried that option, did not work. I sent the FOIPA response and, email from FBI to request expedite processing and, it was denied.

I spoke with the vsc rep. yesterday they said about the manifest file, but that process will be awfully slowly, as it goes manually. For sure, they are keeping track of the expedite requests and, call's to the vsc.
I'm not sure, how often they will send that manifest file to USCIS Head Quarter and, how long they will take to forward that to FBI, and, how long FBI will take to respond to USCIS Head Quarters &, how long it will take to send them to VSC. So, it seeming to be a long wait.

I wrote to Ombudsman and, I contacted local congressman, but because it's security check, I'm not expecting much help from them either.

Sorry! to disappoint. But the good news is atleast VSC is acknowlding that it's a mistake and, unfortunately they are not taking responsibility to correct that in a fast manner.

Please see one of my threads in which I have mentioned the details for FOIPA request and I have copied the same format from Rahul kumar's post and

Amurat,
If you do a search on expediate request, you will definately find lots of threads with all details. And in case if you don't find it, send me PM with your email details and I will send you one.

chandler said:
How do you guys fill FOIPA request for FBI? Do you just follow Mr. Rahul Kumar's post? I checked FBI web site. It has a FOIA request form and Privacy waiver form. Do I need to fill out these two forms? In the FOIA request form, it ask for "assess fee" and "Explanation for a request for a waiver of fees".I am really lost there.

Please let me know what you guys did to do the FOIPA inquiry from FBI.

My 485 RD is April 10, 2003. I know many people whose RD are earlier than mine are still waitting. Still, It's really difficult for me to keep sanity to deal with USCIS and FBI, the two most notorious bureau, at the same time.

Many thanks,

Chandler

ma_newuser said:
Hi Needhelp,

I am taking help of my local congressman office. I received FBI name check and it says that they never received request from USCIS. When the congressman office enquired about my case they got a reply stating "..case is currently going through the name/dob security checks (which is not just FBI, but all governmental agencies)--the applicant should be hearing from this office in approx 60 days."

I dont understand what all other govt agencies are involved in this ? :eek:

Trust me, Congressman's office will be of no real great help as this is a security related issue. We both are in the same boat and when I enquired about my case through congressman, I was told that my case is pending because of FBI Name Check Pending and I received an email from FBI saying that they never received my name.
So it is better for you to expediate a request for I485 and in that letter clearly mention that your name check was not initiated and attach the email sent by FBI as proof and hopefully you will be added in the Manifest file soon. Do it immediately and for the expediate format, you can check one of my threads and also approach the congressman for additional help too.

rhinohere said:
I am taking help of my local congressman office. I received FBI name check and it says that they never received request from USCIS. When the congressman office enquired about my case they got a reply stating "..case is currently going through the name/dob security checks (which is not just FBI, but all governmental agencies)--the applicant should be hearing from this office in approx 60 days."

I dont understand what all other govt agencies are involved in this ? :eek:

Needhelp comment is 100% true!!!!

Needhelp, your comment is real practical, I suggest you to send the copies of FOIPA & FBI letter which stated "No name check was requested" . I did the same, once if any action was taken by USCIS, its pretty quick for FBI, to respond, since FOIPA says no records. For me it took only 2 days for FBI to get back to USCIS, I wish you good luck, security checks are more important, like you said we cant get any help either from Congress/Senator, just we get blind answers, 2months/-------. do not send fax, send by mail to VSC director.

Thanks

update on my case..

VSC responded to the congressmen's (Rush Holt) office inquiry. Now the status for my wife and mine is that they have asked for Name check and date of birth check on January 27, 2005. I hope atleast now our names shows up on FBI side.

Once I get the FOIPA response from FBI (already 3 weeks back I sent them a fax), my next course of action begins. It will be asking FBI to expedite name check. I hope when all this exercise concludes, the priority date for EB3 moves past July 23, 2002.

Try our best and wait for the outcome..... wait continues.

FOIPA request

Could someone please post the FOIPA request template here?

Does the FOIPA request need to be notarized?

Thanks.

Update...

Guys:

Here is my update, Finally I have been told by VSC stating they made name check request on Feb 5th 04!

Do you guys made any progress ?

let me know

Amurat

Yes. Thats probably right as I called FBI last friday and came to know that my name check was requested on Feb 9th and got cleared on the same day. Actually I have requested them to send an email to me as proof and I am still waiting for the email and hopefully I will get a response from them in next week.
I was also told that they are working the emails received on Oct last week of 2004. I called the direct number of Mr.David Hardy's Office which I got from Rahul Kumar Name Check PDF Document.

amurat said:
Guys:
Here is my update, Finally I have been told by VSC stating they made name check request on Feb 5th 04!
Do you guys made any progress ?
let me know
Amurat

Needhelp1,

Congratulations, now you have cleared one major milestone.

needhelp1 said:
Yes. Thats probably right as I called FBI last friday and came to know that my name check was requested on Feb 9th and got cleared on the same day. Actually I have requested them to send an email to me as proof and I am still waiting for the email and hopefully I will get a response from them in next week.
I was also told that they are working the emails received on Oct last week of 2004. I called the direct number of Mr.David Hardy's Office which I got from Rahul Kumar Name Check PDF Document.

Good Luck...

This is great news!

I will try to call FBI as well.

Hopefully, you will her from USCIS shortly.

Keep us posted.

Amurat

needhelp1

needhelp1 said:

Congratulations for the move!

Can you please tell the tel # you called ? Mine was requested on Feb 9th too.

Hope your case get approved soon.

gbmomgc
-----------
Another victim of "name check not initiated"
ND Nov-2002

Question for Needhelp1

Question regarding your call to FBI. Were you able to talk directly with someone or did you leave a message? I keep getting transfered to Diane's voice mail but cannot talk to anyone directly on name check. Pl post additional details.

I called (202)3243625 and it will go to directly to Mr.David Hardy's Office and I tried calling around different times of the week and luckly last friday for once I got a good lady Sandy who helped me with my info. So basically you will have to try your luck and call at different times and more importantly explain the lady the pain you are going through this process and also tell your problem very briefly and hope for the best.

I called today as I still didn't get anything in writing and like you said that the receptionist transferred me to Diane's voicemail and told me that there is nobody with Sandy's name.
vg333 said:
Question regarding your call to FBI. Were you able to talk directly with someone or did you leave a message? I keep getting transfered to Diane's voice mail but cannot talk to anyone directly on name check. Pl post additional details.

Good for you

Atleast you could get through to Sandy previously. I will try to call at different times and try my luck.

Thanks,