Father (US Citizen) applying for married daughter (Canadian PR)

tandm

I am in urgent need for your help.
My father is a US citizen and intends to file for my Green card. Iam married and a Canadian Permanent Resident. I have 2 questions to ask which are detailed below:

(a) Please advise what will be the Priority date if my father who is a US citizen files for me while Iam a Canadian Permanent resident
(b) Will it make a difference to the Priority dates if my father applies for me after I become a Canadian citizen?

Thanks

PD for Married sons and daughters of a USC is 01 Jan, 2001, meaning if he files for you now you will probably get a status thru that petition in 2021.
Becoming a Canadian Citizen will not change anything, so if he wants he can file now.

Thanks for your help... So that is the only quickest way to be there, is there any other way? 10 years is a pretty long time...So being in Canada resident or in India doesnt make a difference to the PD?

Yes you can get a job in US and get a TN visa, but you have to be a Canadian Citizen to receive a TN visa. Another alternative is getting a H or L visa which is also employment based and you can get that while you are Canadian PR.
Unfortunately the F3 visa category which will be your category if your father petitions for you had the same PD for India or Canada.

So being in Canada resident or in India doesnt make a difference to the PD?

Since the priority dates are based on country of birth, not citizenship or residency, it won't make a difference. Out of curiosity, what country was your husband born in?