FAQs about Asylee Green Card Process & Other things.

How long it takes to get approved & receive gc after application through asylum?Texas or California, which one is faster? Thank you!

Hi guys my i485 status was "My case was updated to all fingerprints were taken and the case is in process" since May 2019 but yesterday i got a letter from USCIS for the fingerprints.Does anyone facing the same situation or know anything about it?

Fudge, fudge, fudge!!! I was eligible yo apply for my GC early February. I went to get my medical exam early January. But because of a pre-existing condition the medical examination required cultures that took 2 months to grow. So I haven't been able to apply. I just got a call from the clinic and they lost one of the samples. :mad: Which means I have to come in on Monday and wait another 2 months for one more sample to grow nothing.
The I-485 instructions say that the medical exam form doesn't have to be sent in with the initial package. Does anyone have any experience with this? I know my attorney is going to want to wait, but I don't. The clinic is offering to send preliminary results with a letter explaining what happened. But I'm not sure if sending the form without the exam and waiting for 2 months might cause issues.

Hello. I have a question about the i-730. Interview accelerated due to special occasions in August 2019. My case was approved. at the end of September, they completed i-730. The office of Nebraska. Received notice of receipt of the application early October 2019. Everything is done with a lawyer. The question is, can I, with a special case, accelerate the process of revising the i-730? If so, how? My family is in danger, I am very worried. thank

Hello. I have a question about the i-730. Interview accelerated due to special occasions in August 2019. My case was approved. at the end of September, they completed i-730. The office of Nebraska. Received notice of receipt of the application early October 2019. Everything is done with a lawyer. The question is, can I, with a special case, accelerate the process of revising the i-730? If so, how? My family is in danger, I am very worried. thank
This is not the right thread for this question. Please find an appropriate thread or start a new one.

Fudge, fudge, fudge!!! I was eligible yo apply for my GC early February. I went to get my medical exam early January. But because of a pre-existing condition the medical examination required cultures that took 2 months to grow. So I haven't been able to apply. I just got a call from the clinic and they lost one of the samples. :mad: Which means I have to come in on Monday and wait another 2 months for one more sample to grow nothing.
The I-485 instructions say that the medical exam form doesn't have to be sent in with the initial package. Does anyone have any experience with this? I know my attorney is going to want to wait, but I don't. The clinic is offering to send preliminary results with a letter explaining what happened. But I'm not sure if sending the form without the exam and waiting for 2 months might cause issues.
Hello, Yes I heard from many people that they didn’t sent the medical exam with the initial package and they waited until they received request of evidence, plus many people send the medical exam and it expires before getting the approval then USCIS ask for renewal of the medical exam before the approval ( when the application is pending for more than 2 years). Of course it’s better to send complete application if everything is available but in your case you may be saving time if you sent your application now and waited for the request of evidence from USCIS to send the medical
Are you applying at Nebraska or Texas?

Hello everyone,

I have a confusion question:

1. I was looking into form I-485
Question number 65 :
Have you ever lied to obtain a visa?

While i applied for b1/b2 visa from my country a friend helped me fill up ds-160 form. There was this question about are you associated with any group/political group or organization.
– i checked “NO” at that point.

Later during my asylum interview i corrected that and told them i over-read that question and corrected them by telling them i am a political member.

I am a asylee now.

My question is:
On my green card application should i tick “yes” or “no” on that question?

If i check yes should i add a additional sheet to explain them why i lied during my b1/b2 application?

2. Will this issue haunt me during my citizenship application too?

Please help me understand.
Thank you and god bless

Hello everyone,

I have a confusion question:

1. I was looking into form I-485
Question number 65 :
Have you ever lied to obtain a visa?

While i applied for b1/b2 visa from my country a friend helped me fill up ds-160 form. There was this question about are you associated with any group/political group or organization.
– i checked “NO” at that point.

Later during my asylum interview i corrected that and told them i over-read that question and corrected them by telling them i am a political member.

I am a asylee now.

My question is:
On my green card application should i tick “yes” or “no” on that question?

If i check yes should i add a additional sheet to explain them why i lied during my b1/b2 application?

2. Will this issue haunt me during my citizenship application too?

Please help me understand.
Thank you and god bless
YES ! your answer should be yes to the question 65 with the detail explanation

YES ! your answer should be yes to the question 65 with the detail explanation

- So i should underline or Circle the question indicating that i have explanation to that? at the end of the form?
- Do you think i should submit a Waiver with my application for this issue or wait for their RFE if in case they think i will need a RFE?

thank you

Hello, Yes I heard from many people that they didn’t sent the medical exam with the initial package and they waited until they received request of evidence, plus many people send the medical exam and it expires before getting the approval then USCIS ask for renewal of the medical exam before the approval ( when the application is pending for more than 2 years). Of course it’s better to send complete application if everything is available but in your case you may be saving time if you sent your application now and waited for the request of evidence from USCIS to send the medical
Are you applying at Nebraska or Texas?
Thank you!! I was hoping had first-hand experience of people who've done this. Just because of how easily they're rejecting applications right now, I'm hoping they'll still accept it.

- So i should underline or Circle the question indicating that i have explanation to that? at the end of the form?
- Do you think i should submit a Waiver with my application for this issue or wait for their RFE if in case they think i will need a RFE?

thank you
You don't need to draw any circle just answer the question YES and write down the detail at page 18 part 14 additional information. Indicate the page number 13, part number 8 and item number 65.

Hi guys my i485 status was "My case was updated to all fingerprints were taken and the case is in process" since May 2019 but yesterday i got a letter from USCIS for the fingerprints.Does anyone facing the same situation or know anything about it?
The same happened to me. my case was since Jan 2019 and I also received a letter for another biometric. don't really know whats going on.

thank you
I would not submit a waiver. Just say yes and write a brief explanation and include that you had also mentioned this during your asylum interview. Unlike what people think, the lie has to be “material” in order to matter, which means that you would not have got the visa/immigration benefit had you told the truth. The only material lie in this case is a membership to a terrorist/banned organization as any other membership would not preclude you from obtaining a B2.

11/07/2019 We received your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.

11/12/2019 We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Our Nebraska Service Center location is working on your case.

12/05/2019 The fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, were taken.

New Card Is Being Produced On April 15, 2020, we ordered your new card !!

The admin tonight says it will 'suspend all immigration' into the US. Announced in a tweet. Not sure what this means, esp. for everyone. Asylee applicants? GCs? Visas? F1? HB1s? Family Visas? I'm sure USCIS/State Dept. will provide clarity in the next couple of days. This is not good news.

The admin tonight says it will 'suspend all immigration' into the US. Announced in a tweet. Not sure what this means, esp. for everyone. Asylee applicants? GCs? Visas? F1? HB1s? Family Visas? I'm sure USCIS/State Dept. will provide clarity in the next couple of days. This is not good news.
This is the worst news ever. after all the waiting

11/07/2019 We received your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.

11/12/2019 We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Our Nebraska Service Center location is working on your case.

12/05/2019 The fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, were taken.

New Card Is Being Produced On April 15, 2020, we ordered your new card !!
that's quick . which service center ?

This is indeed bad and scary news. If I may venture some speculation here, I want to believe refugees/asylees will be OK or exempt. I want to believe the main restrictions here will be upon NEW work-related or study-related applications into the US, as well as non-immediate family sponsored visas. Since refugees/asylees are not economic migrants, suspending all immigration to "protect jobs" shouldn't affect refugees then. Of course with this administration, you never know. So everybody cross your fingers, and let's hope for the best. <collective hug>