FAQ Topic: What to do after your I-485 is approved.

Hi Bling7,

Can you please share the information as which service center, category and PD?

Thanks

Mahesh

Hi Bling7,

Can you please share the information as which service center, category and PD?

Thanks

Mahesh

Please see my signature for details:
AD - Jun 14, 2006
140 (TSC)
PD - Aug 2, 2006
AD - Aug 14, 2006
485/EAD (TSC)
PD: Dec 27,2006
EAD-AD: Jan 12, 2007
FP (code 3): Jan 23, 2007
LUD - 2/1/2007, 5/9/2007, 05/10/2007, 05/11/2007, 05/15/2007
485-AD: May 9, 2007 :)
Cards received: May 14, 2007 :)

Card LUD

Hello:

My case online status indicates "card production ordered." Will there be another update when card is mailed? Also, does this mean I don't have to get my passport stamped?

Thank you so much for your time.

Hello:

My case online status indicates "card production ordered." Will there be another update when card is mailed? Also, does this mean I don't have to get my passport stamped?

Thank you so much for your time.

Correct, no passport stamp needed.

I-485

I just had my finger prints taken this morning for I-485. I would like know the rought sequence of events so I am prepared and also patient !!.

Could somebody put the following activities in proper order and add more, if any: background check, interview, approval letter, stamp on the passport, the card.

Thanks
Ahmer

abt stamping passport

My 485 got LUD on 5/9/2007 for "Approval Notice sent", and on 5/11/2007 for "Card Mailed"; received Approval notice and the card on the same day: 5/14/2007. Correct me if I am wrong: I do not need passport stamp, since I already got the actual card. I believe USCIS has just changed the procedure after 485 approval.

i had message of card ordered and approval sent.
mow do i need to stamp my pssport or if i recieve card they should be valid .
my passport is expiring in a year so if i get it stamped .and i renew passport CAN I HAVE A STAMP IN THE NEW PASSPORT TOOO.?

No need.

i had message of card ordered and approval sent.
mow do i need to stamp my pssport or if i recieve card they should be valid .
my passport is expiring in a year so if i get it stamped .and i renew passport CAN I HAVE A STAMP IN THE NEW PASSPORT TOOO.?

You probably are holding the beautiful card in your hand now, if not, you will receive it very soon. No need to do passport stamp.

Please understand that this is a sticky thread created three years ago, and most information are outdated by now.

You no longer need a stamp on your passport because most people get their green card in the mail within one week or so, after 485 approval. In a rare case when you haven't received your card, but need to travel abroad, you may go to an Infopass and get your passport stamped.

Please help....Ii received i-797c (485 approval) on september 3 2009,I haven't recived card till today.I took an info pass to get the pasport stamped,but i don't see this option "You have received an approval letter or Form I-797C from the Service Center or local office instructing you to come into the office for alien identification card processing / passport stamp
I just checked the option speak to an immigration officer.Thanks in advance

Please direct ho wto get to this option "You have "You have received an approval letter or Form I-797C from the Service Center or local office instructing you to come into the office for alien identification .

I recived 485 approval notice on sept 3,2009,but have not recived my card yet.I applied for card never received on Jan 9,2010.I need to get passport stamped as Iam planning to travel,I took an info pass appointment-speak to an immigrant officer will this help.