Family based I-130/I-485

Hi, here's an update,

All forms were filled in NJ forwarded to NBC.
Filling date 08/27/04
FP 09/25/04
EAD approved 10/14/04.

Received an RFE for AP on 10/19/04 for photos even though the 6 photos were attached in the front of the main application along with the checks..
Replied for REF on 10/26/04.

goodluck

Last edited by a moderator:
Another update:

Filed at Newark and forwarded to NBC:

Forms filed: 485/131/765

RD: 8/31/04
FP: 9/25/04
AP and EAD Approved: 10/14/04

gc20040 said:
Another update:

Filed at Newark and forwarded to NBC:

Forms filed: 485/131/765

RD: 8/31/04
FP: 9/25/04
AP and EAD Approved: 10/14/04

Congrats!!

Did you get the same message below from BCIS which I got on 10/15/04??

/*Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status:

On October 15, 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.*/

If you got the same message from BCIS and you have already got the EAD after that, please let me know, how many days it took to reach your hand?

I handed over forms on Oct13, 2004 to tuscon AZ office.
RD: 10/13/04
ND: 10/20/04
They've sent a letter asking us to schedule a date/time for finger-printing appointment. I'll call the 1-800 number on Monday!

got FP done for both I485/I765 on last tuesday..Drove 400 miles for that!!

RD: 10/13/04
ND: 10/20/04
FP: 10/26/04
RFE (Birth Certificate) 10/28/04 :mad:
FP Received (I485) 11/03/04

Hi, here's an update,

All forms were filled in NJ forwarded to NBC.
Filling Date 08/21/04
FP 09/25/04
EAD approved 10/14/04.
Interview Letter Received 11/01/04
Interview Date : Mid December

Wow, it just cannot get any better for you. while people are waiting for 3 years, yours is getting done in less than six month. I am happy for you. Good luck with your interview

Hi
I am new here in this forum and I am going through same problem , My mother filed my I-130 in dec 2001 and now it almost 3 years and didnt hear any thing from them.
My question is that, Can i apply for i-485 after see the later of William Yates, Associate Director of Operations at the USCIS, is that apply on my case or not?
Please reply me asap. Thansk
Aamir

if you are eligible for a visa number immediately, without a quota, you can go ahead a file I-485 at your local office with a copy of I797 for I-130.

Charlotte, NC - Interview

Just wanted to update my case so people who applied in the same time line in Charlotte may have a clue.

I received the interview letter for I-485 from MSC Oct 27, 2004, receive date is 10/23/2003, so it took about a year.

My interview date is set on Jan. 4. I have been married for over two years now, bought a house, filed tax together for the last two years, so I don't worry about the interview, but not sure if my background name checking has been completed, till today, it does not get updated online to show that they received the fingerprint result.

I'll start to collect all the evidents and copies. Do I need to get another medical exam since the last one was done a year and half ago?
Puzzled said:
Filed I130/I485 to Charlotte, NC in Sept 2003, got receipt from MSC in Oct, 2003.

The on-line status says it will take 30-90 days for I130, now 200 days passed, nothing is received. Called 1-800 number, was told the date on the web was inaccurate, we should follow the processing day for MSC. It looks like it's still processing 11/1/2002, and it's been stayed the same date at least for the last 3 month. Does anyone know what's going on?

Thanks

:confused:

I think you do have to get another medical Puzzled. I wasn't sure. But an Immigration Officer from the local center said- "Med Exams are only good for 10 months".
If you want get your check up again. That's an information we got from Immigration Officer at our local office in Pittsburgh. And I assume it's valid statewide, as well. Stiil, guys , if have other info, please post it here
Congratulations on the interview :) !And good luck

xalidag said:
Sorry for asking such a newbie question, but what is MSC?
National Benefits Center = Missouri Service Center (MSC). The numbers on the notices you receive from NBC for all your documents will start also with MSC the abreviation for the National Benefits Center). That's why under on-line check for processing times you won't find it under Service Centers menu. That's actually the NBC.

AP Help

Hello, I am in a major turmoil right now. I have applied for my
Adjustment of Status through spouse and have received my receipts for
all including Advance Parole. However, even though I had asked my AP
to be expidited, I haven't received it. My date for AP is Sept 28 '04.
Now I am travelling out of the country in Dec '04 and still haven't
heard from them. I called the Detroit office and they say its been
forwarded to the NBC in Missouri(great!!) So now I'm in a great
problem, since I have my tickets and all but no AP. What can I do? I
am on H1, which has been sent for renewal, since it expires 12/31/04
and ofcourse I don't have that in my hand either(great just my
luck!!). Also, I went for my Fingerprinting and Biometrics in October, but haven't heard anything from them(not sure if they send anything).Now I'm going to be out of US for almost a mth and am so confused as to what to do. Can anyone on this board please advice or give me suggestions on what to do. Please help, any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Snalion :confused:

Interpreting timeframes from uscis.gov

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi I filed for AOS based on marriage to a USC in end september through attorney. Few days later USCIS requested for some supporting documents and they were sent thru attorney mid October...im now waiting for my EAD and AP.How do i interpret the timelines on the uscis website from this link -
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/j...id=dlD2HCbQP9_7

Do i look under NBC or district office or TSC...pl advise...We live in san antonio,TX and the attorney based out of houston. any info on timefreames in san antonio...pl advise

thanks ...rkg72

For 485 you should look under TX local office. For EAD and AP - under NBC. However the NBC dates are not accurate at all. For 765 (c) (9) they are far behind July. Guys who filed in August got their EAD in beg/mid Oct. I am pretty sure they are working on late August/beginning September EADs already.
NBC times are completely out of logic so don't bother to look up their dates.

My details:
RD 765: 14 July, 2004
ND 765: 22 July, 2004
Approval of EAD: 19 Oct, 2004
Got EAD in the mail: 25 Oct, 2004

If you browse the forum for EAD times of other guys you'll see similar and better times for EADs.

NBC_June04,from your personal timeline,seems the entire EAD processing from NBC takes 90 days from receipt to actual card in hand...am i right?is there any other person who can share their timeline on EAD from NBC so we can be sure thanks...