False claim to U.S citizenship

Someone of you fine people have taken my question in the completely wrong direction. All I asked was - Is there a way for USCIS to find out that in the past I had made false claims to USC. Thats it.

Why, when and where I made such claims is a long and sad story. I will spare everyone my emotional baggage. Please don't judge me for one little mistake I made. I know how sorry I am for that and only I know what the circumstances were under which I had to do such a thing. I have been a law abiding resident of this great county for a long time. Have always paid taxes and have never been in trouble with the law. Hope you all understand what I mean.

Some of you guys have given me great feedback and I really appreciate that. And yes, I will for sure be seeing a lawyer. I always intended to but at the same time wanted to hear the experiences of the "real" people who has been through this and know what its like. A suited booted lawyer sitting in a comfy office does not know what us immigrants have to go through.

Last edited by a moderator:
If someone lied on their I-9 about being a USC three times to three different employers and has since become a USC can he be stripped of his citizenship? Each of the three employers were after 2000. If USCIS finds out can he lose his citizenship and be deported?

Since he is not a US citizen, I assume if he (she) has to work (s)he would have needed a VISA which will need sponsorship etc. If (s)he was GC holder when (s)he lied, I don't understand why (s)he lied. I guess the employer missed it when they did the sponsored him/her?

in eyes of law, claiming citizenship by a gc holder is punishable, but not by some one holding non-immigrant visa. it is a fact.

in eyes of law, claiming citizenship by a gc holder is punishable, but not by some one holding non-immigrant visa. it is a fact.

A non-immigrant also becomes inadmissible for falsely claiming US citizenship. The only difference being that a non-immigrant can seek waiver under INA 212(d)(3)(A).

Someone of you fine people have taken my question in the completely wrong direction. All I asked was - Is there a way for USCIS to find out that in the past I had made false claims to USC. Thats it.

Why, when and where I made such claims is a long and sad story. I will spare everyone my emotional baggage. Please don't judge me for one little mistake I made. I know how sorry I am for that and only I know what the circumstances were under which I had to do such a thing. I have been a law abiding resident of this great county for a long time. Have always paid taxes and have never been in trouble with the law. Hope you all understand what I mean.

Some of you guys have given me great feedback and I really appreciate that. And yes, I will for sure be seeing a lawyer. I always intended to but at the same time wanted to hear the experiences of the "real" people who has been through this and know what its like. A suited booted lawyer sitting in a comfy office does not know what us immigrants have to go through.

Yes.

If your claim to citizenship was recorded on paper and filed by a business or government agency, the answer is yes USCIS can find out.

A non-immigrant also becomes inadmissible for falsely claiming US citizenship. The only difference being that a non-immigrant can seek waiver under INA 212(d)(3)(A).

Well ,an immigrant can re-immigrate to avoid deportation as long as someone file a petition for him and of course the immigrant need to seek waiver too if he need to re-immigrate (re-adjust to PR)

So what is the real answer. If someone lied on I-9 three times to secure employment while married to an american citizen awaiting work authorization and has since become a naturalized citzen can their citizenship be revoked? Claimed to a be a citizen on mortgage and title papers too

So what is the real answer. If someone lied on I-9 three times to secure employment while married to an american citizen awaiting work authorization and has since become a naturalized citzen can their citizenship be revoked?
Yes, people have been denaturalized for lying about their citizenship status to get employment.
Claimed to a be a citizen on mortgage and title papers too
Not sure if they can denaturalize people for that.

I am somehat missing the point here....

If I falsly claim to be citizen and this ought to have consequences, the first question is what possible advantage that false claim gave me.

Per I-9, if I am authorized to work in the US and there is no statutory requirement for that particular job to be US citizen, then I would consider that a minor issue since the employer could potentially discriminate against non-citizens.

Whilst I agree that in general this is a grief problem, the question still is what advantage that false claim had. Goes along the lines of registering to vote, but not excercising it. Especially as a new immigrant you are confronted with so many new things you may not quite comprehand at that very moment. Selected Service is a prime example.

If you said "I am a US citizen", that is one thing. Saying "I am a US citizen or US national" is a completely different thing.
What exactly is your case?

If I falsly claim to be citizen and this ought to have consequences, the first question is what possible advantage that false claim gave me.

Per I-9, if I am authorized to work in the US and there is no statutory requirement for that particular job to be US citizen, then I would consider that a minor issue since the employer could potentially discriminate against non-citizens.
I didn't say that such a false claim would lead to automatic denaturalization. It depends on how vigorously they want to pursue your case, and the totality of the circumstances. Maybe they won't pursue such a case against somebody who had other authorization to work at the given places of employment. The cases I read about involved people who weren't authorized for the jobs. But somebody who falsely claimed citizenship multiple times on the I-9 and then lied again on the N-400 (by failing to disclose those false claims to citizenship) is showing a great disregard for the law, not in line with the "good moral character" required for naturalization, even if they actually were authorized to work at those places.

Last edited by a moderator: