Fake Passports

kaylee

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,
My friend had a tourist visa and has been living in the US illegally for over 15 years. She is about to apply for AOS through her husband who is a USC. During our conversation on the AOS procedure, she told me that she entered the US with a fake passport meaning: My friend is a citizen of country A, she was living in country B and knew someone at the Passport' office, that person issued a passport from country B to my friend since it was easier to get a visa to the US if you were from country B. She applied for a visa with the Passport from country B and entered the US with that passport. Now, shes about to apply for her green card, what are the implications of her actions? I never heard of a case like this, and didn't even know it was possible. Obviously when shes applying I guess she will submit information from her real passport from country A, I don't know however how that's gonna fly. Any ideas? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
She will be deported and banned for life once USCIS finds out about the fake passport.

It will be interesting to see how she explains to the interviewer how she got citizenship of country B after being born in country A (assuming she didn't also get a fake birth certificate or citizenship certificate from B). I'm surprised that the embassy didn't pick up on the discrepancy.

Hello all,
My friend had a tourist visa and has been living in the US illegally for over 15 years. She is about to apply for AOS through her husband who is a USC. During our conversation on the AOS procedure, she told me that she entered the US with a fake passport meaning: My friend is a citizen of country A, she was living in country B and knew someone at the Passport's office, that person issued a passport from country B to my friend since it was easier to get a visa to the US if you were from country B. She applied for a visa with the Passport from country B and entered the US with that passport. Now, shes about to apply for her green card, what are the implications of her actions? I never heard of a case like this, and didn't even know it was possible. Obviously when shes applying I guess she will submit information from her real passport from country A, I don't know however how that's gonna fly. Any ideas? Thanks

Stick with country B..as she is known to be from B...and I 94 is in country B passport.... Period

She will be deported and banned for life once USCIS finds out about the fake passport.

It will be interesting to see how she explains to the interviewer how she got citizenship of country B after being born in country A (assuming she didn't also get a fake birth certificate or citizenship certificate from B). I'm surprised that the embassy didn't pick up on the discrepancy.

Beats me how they didn't find out as well, and she started the AOS application with a lawyer and the lawyer didn't say anything, I think the lawyer didn't notice it. I'm thinking she might be able to get away with it since its not been noticed this far, really bizarre! If they just focus on her new passport, they might not notice it but I dont know.

Stick with country B..as she is known to be from B...and I 94 is in country B passport.... Period

She can't stick with country B since she is not from country B and doesn't have any papers from B besides that passport. Her birth certificate and everything else is from country A.

If she has BC and a Passport from country B, then all hail to her as she has a legal entry into US she can do AOS, if not she should be ready to say goodbye to her friends in US.
Nevertheless even if she has all papers from country B, and if she ever gets busted now or later, even if she becomes a US citizen later, they will take it away from her.

Again, she doesn't have BC from country B, only a passport, she is from country A and all her documents are from country A. The only reason why I think she might get away with it is that passport is not fake it was issued by a real passport bureau from country B, its just that she had no rights to it since shes not from country B, she got it coz she knew someone at that Bureau who did it for her.

She told me that the lawyer said they will put that she has a dual citizenship from country A and B in her file since on the fake passport it said she was born in country A so that's not a problem at all. What do you guys think I told her it wasn't safe but the she said the lawyer said that was fine.

They will require her birth certificate for the GC process. Maybe she didn't have to show it for the tourist visa, so that's why they didn't pick up the discrepancy back then.

Well her Birth certificate said she was born in country A, the fake passport also said she was born in country A. She said the lawyer said all they need is the passport to establish citizenship, so there are no discrepancies according to the lawyer since the fake passport from country B does say she was born in country A. Does that make sense?

She could probably get away with it. My case was slightly involved as well. I was born in Country A, I was present in the US with a passport from Country B, and after my AOS interview got a I-551 stamp in a passport from Country C. In my case it was all legal - since I had citizenship from Country B because of my parents, and had lived in Country C long enough to become a citizen of that country. The IO didn't bat an eyelid at the multiple nationalities. (Obviously my A, B and C are different to the original poster's!)

The more important issue is that she has committed a crime - both in Country B (for faking their passport) and the USA for committing immigration fraud. I'm very surprised her lawyer is turning a blind eye now knowing what he knows. She may well get away with it, but her GC could get yanked at any time since it is effectively been obtained fraudulently.

Well that's the thing she never committed any crime while in the US and like you said she might very well get away with it . Were you asked for prroof of citizenship from country B and/or C besides the passport you provided? The thing is country B never knew she committed fraud to get that passport no that never came up and she has a valid passport from country B even though that passport was obtained fraudulently.

the interviewer never asked me that.

She told me that the lawyer said they will put that she has a dual citizenship from country A and B in her file since on the fake passport it said she was born in country A so that's not a problem at all. What do you guys think I told her it wasn't safe but the she said the lawyer said that was fine.

Although illegal but I think she will get away with it.

me 2, because from what the lawyer is saying, the only thing that matters is that she has the I-94 which proves she entered the country legally and she does have it on passport B

me 2, because from what the lawyer is saying, the only thing that matters is that she has the I-94 which proves she entered the country legally and she does have it on passport B

Its a very plain straight forward case. USCIS does not care how you obtained your last citizenship. They need her BC for her birth date verification. If she applies for AOS using the country 'B' passport, there will be not a problem adjusting her status. Keep that in mind that country B passport is not a fake document but obtained the wrong way.
If asked she can simply state that she was born in country A and then moved to country B and became a citizen of country B.
Coming back to the attorney, some of them will do anything and everything to get their monies. I am sure what he told her was off the record and he would deny it if there was an issue or investigation. Now is it ethical for her to do that? Yes or No, let her decide as she committed a crime to enter US and now do you think anything would stop her from committing another to get her GC?
I would say that she needs to a lot of Googleing to do about country B, you know God forbid the IO turns out to be from country B, lol................

Last edited by a moderator:
Well she knows enough of country B since she used to live there for a while. At this point, she has no choice but continue using country B's passport since the I-94 is in there and without it there isno way she can adjust her status

Well she knows enough of country B since she used to live there for a while. At this point, she has no choice but continue using country B's passport since the I-94 is in there and without it there isno way she can adjust her status

Kaylee,

I am concerned about the ethical conduct of the attorney involved in this process. This case could go either way, she could get into some serious trouble and possible life ban in the US. I wouldn't be surprised if someone at the end of this process is nailed in their behind on the wall of shame.