F4 category, children aged out but eligible by CSPA - no option to pay fees on CEAC

On my calculation, the youngest child there (the 1996 born one) has a current CSPA age of 20 years, 6 months and 29 days, leaving 5 months to go before he or she will age out. The current priority date is for 1 Sep 2007 for F3 so it seems there is a good chance the case will be current before that child ages out. The others have aged out already.

You have no idea what this means to us! I'm hoping that he reason he's not showing up on the system is because their priority date is still not current. I'm waiting for the Visa Bulletin to update and find my nephew along with the other 2 on the system. They have been so patient waiting for this news. I'm bummed out that the other 3 have missed their chance but we are already looking into other ways for them to legally enter the US. They just have to wait for a few more years.

Thank you again for your time in answering my question and I wish I had you here to give you a big hug :) :)
Have a beautiful day
- Olga

You have no idea what this means to us! I'm hoping that he reason he's not showing up on the system is because their priority date is still not current. I'm waiting for the Visa Bulletin to update and find my nephew along with the other 2 on the system. They have been so patient waiting for this news. I'm bummed out that the other 3 have missed their chance but we are already looking into other ways for them to legally enter the US. They just have to wait for a few more years.

Thank you again for your time in answering my question and I wish I had you here to give you a big hug :):)
Have a beautiful day
- Olga

It could be he’s not showing up because his actual age is over 21. The petitioner might want to contact NVC and discuss the CSPA angle, I know of others who have reported doing so and getting the derivative added back to the case in similar cases.
Your sister will be able to sponsor the others under F2B once she has a green card, as long as they remain unmarried, although that is a fair wait - currently around 6-7 years after the petition is filed.

I don’t know why you’re asking me what documents to show, I assumed you had something substantial with which you applied to change the date. Are you telling me you can just arbitrarily ask the authorities to change dates and they do? If that’s the case then the embassy might indeed be suspicious of motivation. May I ask what country this is, to check if the official US guidelines mention anything about this?
It might seem weird but yeah it is true and the country is Nepal.
Thank You again.

Thank You again.

We’ve had many Nepalese come through the immigration forums. I’ve never heard of any of them mention this before. I have heard of some kind of discrepancy between a Nepalese and an English date of birth (if I’m remembering the discussion correctly) but not of changing the date of birth because you feel like it. Anyway, I imagine you may have problems if the documents are compared and you are unable to provide a valid documented reason for the change. If it really is a common occurrence like you claim, then I imagine it’s a situation commonly discussed in Nepalese immigration forums.

Do we need to send Birth Certificate of derivative’s child while filing petition? I’m applying for my sister.

Thanks in advance

Thanks mate you've helped so much.
The thing is in our country we have a tendency of changing our age by a year or two, I don't know why, maybe to feel younger :p. It's quite normal to do so and many people do it.
In that case, what documents can I show to explain the disparity in age?

The petition was approved on Sep 2009 and date was changed on 2010.

Thank You again.

If this is a regular practice in your country as you've stated - (arbitrarily changing one's D.O.B and obtaining "official" documents to back up this up) - you can assume the US embassy is familiar with the practice in that case. Which means they know not to trust whatever documents you'll be presenting to back up the new age which is different from the previously listed age when the petition was filed back in 2006.

F4 category filed by my Aunt in Nov'04.
Approved in 2009
Recieved the welcome letter in May'18 ( At the time my age was 20)
Fast forward while waiting for my PD to become current, i turned 21 and will be 22 in March. I've file d for CSPA, what is the probability that they'll accept the application?

Approved in 2009
Fast forward while waiting for my PD to become current, i turned 21 and will be 22 in March. I've file d for CSPA, what is the probability that they'll accept the application?

You haven’t provided exact dates, but on what you’ve posted you should have 4-5 years of protection under CSPA, so depending on exact dates you should be protected under CSPA until you are somewhere around 25 years old. I’m assuming you’re chargeable to India judging by the timing of the welcome letter, is that correct? If so, your priority date is likely to become current well before you’ve aged out (latest current PD for India is 22 Sep 04).

On my calculation, the youngest child there (the 1996 born one) has a current CSPA age of 20 years, 6 months and 29 days, leaving 5 months to go before he or she will age out. The current priority date is for 1 Sep 2007 for F3 so it seems there is a good chance the case will be current before that child ages out. The others have aged out already.

Ms Susie. I was doing the math on this one and I'm worried he'd have aged out. He is currently 23 years and 7 months old. With that in mind, and providing their visa will be current this coming month of October, won't he be a couple of months over 21 with CSPA?

Ms Susie. I was doing the math on this one and I'm worried he'd have aged out. He is currently 23 years and 7 months old. With that in mind, and providing their visa will be current this coming month of October, won't he be a couple of months over 21 with CSPA?
Oh my gosh, I am so sorry, I miscalculated - I transposed 08/02 with 02/08 for the date of birth. Yes, he has just aged out. I apologize for the error and any false hope I gave you.

No need to apologize, it was an honest mistake. It wasn't until I realized he was closer to 24 than 23 that it dawned on me he wasn't going to make it. Thank you again for your valuable input on this forum.

Approved in 2009
Thanks for your reply. But I'm really confused about the fact whether they'll accept my CSPA application or not? What do you think? If they don't is there any other way out for me to be included with my parents?

Thanks for your reply. But I'm really confused about the fact whether they'll accept my CSPA application or not? What do you think? If they don't is there any other way out for me to be included with my parents?

I can't think anything definitively without exact dates.. what I can tell you is that CSPA is deterministic: if you are under 21 by the CSPA calculation when your priority date becomes current, you are eligible for a visa; if you are 21 or over on CSPA calculation, you are ineligible. (The consular officer will do the calculation as a matter of course for derivatives who have turned 21 in real age, there is no "applying for" CSPA.) If you are ineligible, then your parents will be able to sponsor you under F2B category once they get their own green cards; this category typically has a wait time between 5-7 years, and you would need to remain single.

DOB 13/06/1998
Priority Date 25/11/2006
Filing 25/11/2005
for an F4 Visa

From my understanding of CSPA I should still qualify, however, for some reason after I had paid for my DS 260 on the website and start filling it out, the status for it became "NOT AVAILABLE". I've made a call to the NVC and the person that answered my call said I may have aged out, but this doesn't really make sense considering my brother born on 11/11/2003 also got the same status on it. My mother and father's DS-260 have no problems. They said they would get back to me on this matter, but I really can't help but worry about whats doing on. An advise would be great.

DOB 13/06/1998
Priority Date 25/11/2006
Filing 25/11/2005
for an F4 Visa

From my understanding of CSPA I should still qualify, however, for some reason after I had paid for my DS 260 on the website and start filling it out, the status for it became "NOT AVAILABLE". I've made a call to the NVC and the person that answered my call said I may have aged out, but this doesn't really make sense considering my brother born on 11/11/2003 also got the same status on it. My mother and father's DS-260 have no problems. They said they would get back to me on this matter, but I really can't help but worry about whats doing on. An advise would be great.

On the dates provided you should be fine under CSPA. So whatever is happening is unlikely to be related to that.
To ask an obvious question first: you and your brother are actually listed as derivatives on the case?

On the dates provided you should be fine under CSPA. So whatever is happening is unlikely to be related to that.
To ask an obvious question first: you and your brother are actually listed as derivatives on the case?
yes we are listed as derivatives in the case and we had the ability to fill out the DS-260 and I paid the fee. In the middle of filling out the DS-260 for some reason it just became not available so I called the NVC to ask. Hopefully they get back to me soon on that slightly worrying you know?

Since my call the problem has been fixed since, however, they did not explain why it happened.

Hey, there! Omg my brothers and I are in the same situation, when our application became current for f4 visa, my auntie petitioned my mom in 1994. even though we're aged out, we were still allowed to pay fees and upload important documents on the Nvc website. Then weeks after, our names said NOT AVAILABLE just this week. Only our brother who's 21 and my mom appears to be available. Though we should still be under the age of 21 when we computed the cspa age

We emailed the NVC asking for the same question .

When you said it has been fixed, did you still qualify for the cspa being over age?

And please share and shed some positive light when you said it has been fixed, was your name made available on the Nvc website again?

Thank you so much in advance.