F1/OPT and 485- Ignorance is not bliss

Hi,
Could anyone help me out in knowing how long will it take to get the SEVIS record fixed. I did my masters and enrolled for PhD. Now I got a job offer and wish to terminate my PhD and get back to Master's status as I haven't defended my Master's thesis yet. I got a letter from my advisor that am still doing my Masters and applied for SEVIS record correction. It has been over a month that I have applied for the data fix. I didn't hear back from them. I am stuck with applying for my OPT as I don't have an corrected I20 and my joining date is in less than 5weeks. I feel so helpless and stressed out. I would really appreciate if anyone can suggest a way to get this done quickly.

Thanks,
Anusha

I am an F1. I transfered from one school to another, but then during winter break I worked in my 1st school. No one required me anything since I worked in the same position before transfering. Now I filed I-485.
How will the precess? Do they have my work record during the interview?

I have a bit of a situation. I am on OPT, married a USC last year, and will be going to grad school in a few months. I don't have an I-20 from the grad school yet. Questions:

1) I need to decide if I should get the new I-20 and then apply for a GC or viceversa. From what I understand, I should do I-20 first, and then GC.

2) Is it possible for my GC application to affect and even annul my F1 status?

3) anything else I should consider given my situation?

If Visa number is not available then he cannot apply for concurrent 485. In which case he can file for AP based on OPT and use that AP to enter US. Having a pending 130 will not be a reason for denial into US.
-xxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, can anyone help with my question? How slim are the chances of continuing with F-1 status if somebody has already submitted a DS 260? How can one overcome it? Appreciate your views. Thanks

F1/OPT and 485- Question

My wife is on F1 and wants to apply for AOS with me along with my 140 and 485.Are there any problems/queries from INS in this case.If so please let us know ,we'd like to rethink our decision.

And Can my wife apply for her OPT and I-485(AOS) with me at the same time?If so what're the consequences.

Please let's know the answer ASAP.

Thanks for your patience.
Kiran
I had a pending AOS while I submitted my OPT. My OPT was approved. waiting on a decision for the AOS.