Expedited Passport

Thanks Hurracan for the information. I never knew that you had to submit the green card for a child.

And congrats on your citzenship !

Well you have if your child is applying to get a passport based on the child citizenship act of 2000 (a.k.a. INA 320). If your child has a green card and you're going to apply for passport based in that he's got citizenship because you naturalized, then you have to send the green card too. They'll return it to you, same with all other originals.

- Applied Expedited PP on August 9th
- 08/24 Passport on-line status still the same. Nothing is updated yet.
- Have to wait another week or more.

I just applied for my son's passport the only documents I was asked for was -

1. My naturalization certificate
2. My son's birth certificate from India

The only other documents I was asked to show were my id and my wife's id.

Hope this is of help to someone in the future.

Ingo07,
What is the best way to contact you. I have almost same dates as yours and same DO. I need to know what you did if anything differently and when did you receive your IL and ID and OD.
Thanks

11/13/2006 - N-400 Priority Date
12/04/2007 - N-400 Finger Prints
05/30/2007 - IL received from VSC
07/12/2007 - N-400 Interview at Buffalo NY District
08/09/2007 - Oath ceremony
08/09/2007 - Applied Expedited Passport
08/14/2007 - Passport On-line Status as a pending
08/27/2007 - Patient to wait for the PP to arrive

The Passport status online changed tonight.

Here is what it says:
------
Your passport application locator number is XXXXXXXXX.

We have finished processing your passport, and it has been mailed to you.

You requested delivery by regular mail. Passport Agencies use Priority Mail. This means you should receive your passport on or about 09/01/2007.

You are such a lucky person....!!! I am so happy for all your luck…I wish I was you. My passport on line status is still a pending even though I applied as Expedited Service with overnight mail on August 9th. I am not sure what is going on again. It has been a pending almost for 3 weeks.
I wish I could receive it on this coming week so I can spend my long weekend at Toronto…
I am living in New York.
Thanks if you can let me know what is your state?

my passport experience

Hi Ingo - I applied mine on 8/3 and I received it today 8/28, so you might be getting it next week.

Expedite passport experience
Applied on 8/3 right after the oath ceremony (NYC) with money order to speed up the cashing process. Online status came in around 8/6 with wrong "routine process", but updated after couple days to "expedited" as originally requested. Figured out that my application was sent to Washington DC office.

Received automated email last Sunday 8/26 stating that my application has been processed, they have mailed out overnight to me, should be receiving on or about 8/26. I did not receive the package yesterday (8/27) and called the 1877 number (i called around 1pm using the 1-3-1 trick and representative picked up right away, not even 5 sec wait). The database didn't show any record whether my package has been sent or not. Verified my delivery address, which is correct. So after hanging up, I emailed to the NPIC email and requested for delivery status.

The reply I got today is
"At this time the agency has not mailed out your passport. Continue checking back for shipping info."

But I received my passport along with the NC via Fedex this morning.

Question - has anybody received overnight package via Fedex instead of USPS?
old joke - I checked my USCIS case status, on the status page my case is still pending....

my dates (D/O: NYC)
submit N400 - 8/31/06
receipt date - 9/5/06
priority date - 9/5/06
checks cashed - 9/7/06
notice date - 9/12/06
received receipt notice - 9/18/06
fp notice date - 9/14/06
received fp notice - 9/20/06
fp appointment - 9/25/06
#1 infopass - 12/5/07
IL sent - 4/30/07
IL received - 5/4/07
interview- 6/12/07 (passed but not approved)
oath letter postmarked - 7/17/07
oath date - 8/3/07
passport application submit - 8/3/07 (expedite + 2 ways overnight)
passport received - 8/28/07 (paid overnight, they sent via Fedex)

You are such a lucky person....!!! I am so happy for all your luck…I wish I was you. My passport on line status is still a pending even though I applied as Expedited Service with overnight mail on August 9th. I am not sure what is going on again. It has been a pending almost for 3 weeks.
I wish I could receive it on this coming week so I can spend my long weekend at Toronto…
I am living in New York.

I am living in New York.

I am in Texas.

Thanks so much for your updated...!!!
I just called the 1-800 customer service and they said my PP still in a pending but they will processed my PP application soon.
Hope, I can receive it by the next week or so.
I am looking forward to receiving my PP sooner so I can travel out of country on Labor day weekend.

Passport online status showed up now (it didn't show up earlier today). It shows as routine (I applied expedited). Thanks to this forum I am not going to panic and I hope that even if it says routine it will be treated as expedited.

This is what it says:
"When you applied, you requested Routine Service."

My PP on-line status showed as "Routine Service" for a week and then it eventually changed to "Expedited Service" in 2nd week.
Now, I am still waiting for it to be processed.

I checked the delivery status of the mail (from the link provided in the passport status email that I received) and here is what it says:

Label/Receipt Number: xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xx

We attempted to deliver your item at 6:22 PM on August 28, 2007 in XXXX, TX 75xxx and a notice was left. It can be redelivered or picked up at the Post Office. If the item is unclaimed, it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

I have not received any notice and we were home at the time of delivery mentioned in this status. Who delivers U.S mail at 6:00 PM anyway? I am puzzled and worried. Has anyone ever had this happened?

Call the state department to find out where your pp was sent. Then travel to your nearest post office and go with you DL, proof of address and copy of natz to see if they have it. This sounds odd.

Call the state department to find out where your pp was sent. Then travel to your nearest post office and go with you DL, proof of address and copy of natz to see if they have it. This sounds odd.

The strange thing is that the Zip Code mentioned in the status is not of my home address. Instead its the zip code of the post office. Could it be that they deliver the envelops to the post office first? Keep in mind that I didn't pay for overnight. This is supposed to be a priority mail with confirmation number.

08/09 - Applied Expedited PP
08/29 - My PP on-line status still a pending. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks