Expedited Passport

Received Naturalization Cerificate

Yup, Got back my Naturalization ceritificate separately in a brown envelope today as you all have said it would. Luckily it wasn't folded nor bent....came in a very good condition. Good luck to all of you!:)

Thanks

We applied for 3 passports (expedited service, no overnight delivery) right after oath ceremony:

PP AD - 08/08/2007

Hi,

Out of curiosity, and for my own case. How did you apply for the 3 passports at once? I am assuming it is you, your wife, and your child. Didn't you have any issues with 3 passports and only 2 naturalization certificates?

Hi,

Out of curiosity, and for my own case. How did you apply for the 3 passports at once? I am assuming it is you, your wife, and your child. Didn't you have any issues with 3 passports and only 2 naturalization certificates?

I have 2 kids. Second kid was born here and his old US Passport has just expired. So, we simply used the opportunity of both parents being in the same place.

I have 2 kids. Second kid was born here and his old US Passport has just expired. So, we simply used the opportunity of both parents being in the same place.

Thanks for the clarification. I have heard of people who have been able to process both parents and one child (the child not having a certificate, just the GC) with only two naturalization certificates, but I think it is highly dependent on the receiving agent.

Thanks for the clarification. I have heard of people who have been able to process both parents and one child (the child not having a certificate, just the GC) with only two naturalization certificates, but I think it is highly dependent on the receiving agent.

It very much appears so. While I was waiting in line I asked another USPS agent if they have a copy machine and explained my cituation. He said that they would just put it all together in the same package and then we would not need a copy to apply for my daughter. Unfortunately when our line came he was busy with another applicant. When I was talking to our agent to mail that in the same package she said it would be impossible and it all should go in different packages so the only way for us is to wait for our passports... :confused: She also insisted for us to provide a date of expected trip (that was to be coming up soon), otherwise she was refusing to accept our applications for expedited service... :confused: I just could not beleive it how much this all depended on some USPS acceptance clerk understanding... Oh well, that's life (whether you are USC or not).

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, that's what I understand, it seems to depend on the acceptance clerk. I'll probably will go by my local post office to inquire about this ahead of time.

Thanks for the explanation. Good luck with your passports.

On-line status shows passport mailed

The on-line status changed today to mailed - hope to receive it by Monday latest (asked for express mail). Applied 7/25/07 but put in calls to the customer service center and sent a fax to Charleston since I was travelling on the 16th (next week).

I sent in my application on 8/1 via overnight/expedited but the website still shows routine processing. I called up and they confirmed it was expedited. Should I be concerned ?

Should be OK

If they confirmed it is expedited, and the check is cashed for the right amount, then just wait for for a couple of weeks and call after the 3-4 week window for expedited (unless you have imminent travel plans).

I sent in my application on 8/1 via overnight/expedited but the website still shows routine processing. I called up and they confirmed it was expedited. Should I be concerned ?

Thanks, I sent in a money order, not a check. I'd read of some cases where the application was returned because they used a check and I didn't want to take a chance.

Anyway I'm not in a hurry but would feel safer having a passport.

Update:

Today I received a letter in the mail acknowledging receipt of my application and a few minutes back an e-mail confirming expedited service, it says that I should receive my passport within 2-3 weeks of application. The website also shows expedited processing now.

Oath and Applied for Passport for me, my wife and son on 07/20
Me and my wife received passports on 08/06.
My sons possport recieved today(08/13)

All are expedite, but not overnight delivery.

Thanks

Congratulations on your passports! Does this mean that you were able to apply for the three passports at once? You posted this question a few weeks ago, but I am not sure if you ended up being able to apply for the three passports with the two naturalization certificates and GC and birth certificate or your son.

What does an NC look like? Does it have your photo in it? What size is it?

I am getting sworn in on 8/24 and can not wait!!!

Congratulations on your passports! Does this mean that you were able to apply for the three passports at once? You posted this question a few weeks ago, but I am not sure if you ended up being able to apply for the three passports with the two naturalization certificates and GC and birth certificate or your son.

Yes, I am able to apply three together with two naturalization certificates. At post office, she made copies of certificates and put a note on my son's application as "Applying along with the parents"

Thanks

PP AD - 08/08/07
Check cashed - 08/13/07
Online status appeared - 08/14/07 (says routine for now even though applied expedited).
Locator number - 13xxxxxxx (Houston Passport Agency)

Yes, I am able to apply three together with two naturalization certificates. At post office, she made copies of certificates and put a note on my son's application as "Applying along with the parents"

Thanks

Hi new_gcuser,

Thanks for letting me know. I will try this next week. I have very high hopes that it should work for me too. Otherwise I will try to find another post office.

Hmm... Changed to say expedite (from initial routine) the same day.

PP AD - 08/08/07 - Expedited
Check cashed - 08/13/07
Online status appeared - 08/14/07

I applied the Expedited Passport on 08/09/07
Check was cashed on 08/14/07
Online Status appeared - 08/15/07 as "Routine Service"
Does anyone have the same status "Routine Service" instead of "Expedited Service"?
I need to travel out of the country in 2nd week of Sept.
Please help if you know,

Please let me know the status of your Passport on-line. Is it listed as "Routine Service" or "Expedited Service? I applied as expedited Passport service as my local County Clerk with the express mail delivery.
Thanks if you can respond my question,
LN

Hmm... Changed to say expedite (from initial routine) the same day.

PP AD - 08/08/07 - Expedited
Check cashed - 08/13/07
Online status appeared - 08/14/07