Expedited Passport

Guys,

is it possible to apply for expedited passport with express mail two way at the oath ceremony? Or this option is available only at the post office?

In general, is there anything someone should be aware when applying for a passport at the oath ceremony, bad experiences, lost certificates, lost passport applications, etc.?

Thank you in advance.

Guys,

is it possible to apply for expedited passport with express mail two way at the oath ceremony? Or this option is available only at the post office?

In general, is there anything someone should be aware when applying for a passport at the oath ceremony, bad experiences, lost certificates, lost passport applications, etc.?

Thank you in advance.

I did not do it since i wanted to make notarized copies of my cert before I mail it. Need them and also made me feel better in case the USPS lost my package.

Gurus,
I applied for Expediited US passport 9 days ago. On the State website it is showing as if I applied for Routine processing, and that it will take 10 weeks to receive my passport.
I have been trying to call the 1-800 number but I am not able to get thru to a Representative. I am so frustrated. Please advise if taking an appointment with National Passport Center will help. Thanks in advance for your help.
BR2006.

My message showed the same as your the first 10 days and then it changed to expedited 2-3 weeks. Hope to get my passport on Mon or Tue.

passport question..

wife and daughter recieved their passports (expedited, overnight and took 5 weeks!). When I checked the front page with all the dat under "Endorsements" it says "see page 27." There are no endorsements on page 27. First, dont know why there would be endorsements and second is this on everyones passport? not sure if this is something to check as they both are now US citizens.
Thanks

All,

I am taking the Oath Ceremony after 10 days and was leaving the Country in 7 days after that. I was going to apply for my Passport at the Chicago Passport Agency. Does anyone know how long they take to process the application? Also, since I am taking it to Chicago do I need to seal it here at a Post Office and take it along with me? Or can I just take my Indian Passport, Naturalization certificate and go directly to the Passport Agency? Also is there any other documents I would need to take to the Passport Agency?

Mailing address

Hello guys,

Can we use P.O. box for expedited passport delivery? I saw people used express mail here, do they require signature to receive package? Any mail option for the passport delivery (Fedex, UPS?)

I am living in an apartment, just thought P.O. box is more reliable. And I am filling out the application today. If P.O. box is not a good choice, then I will print out the app. with my home adderss.

Thanks in advance for your advise.

I am not so sure. I think I got lucky? maybe?? My wife applied for her passport a few days later and her status even doesn't show up online.Actually it really surprised me aslo to get it so soon. I wasnt expecting it for at least a couple weeks at the earliest.

I applied to the Los Angeles Passport Office.

Thanks & Regards,

Was ur passport an Epassport or regular?

How to get the passport next day? Please help

My oath is on Jun 19th and I am travelling on Jun 26th. After trying for 3 days thru the atomated appointment system for an appointment at SF passport office, I got it for 27th. Does anyone know if I can go to the Passport office on 20th and stand in queue and get the passport immediately?

The problem is the earliest appt. I can get is 27th June using the automated system. Is there a way to contact the passport office? They never pickup the phone and always busy.

I have applied for expedited passport yesterday, right after oath ceremony. Will post further developments here. Good luck to all

Has anyone applied around 5/22 and got their passport yet? in the Los Angeles area?

I had applied on 05/30/07 to Los Angeles PP Office (expedited) and got it back on 06/07/07. My friend and his spouse had applied on 05/31/07 and got it back on 06/11/07. My wife and my daughter, however, applied on 06/05/07 and have yet to receive their passports.

Thanks & Regards,

Has anyone applied around 5/22 and got their passport yet? in the Los Angeles area?

I applied on 05/31 and so far nothing...I called up the Cust Service and the Rep said expedited takes more than 4 weeks these days.
My status doesn't show up and the Cust Service Rep was kind enough to tell me it only shows up when the processing is done!

Here is why?
http://redtape.msnbc.com/2007/06/citigroup_worke.html#posts

I know if you want your passport to be sent via overnight delivery, you have to pay more for it. How did you find out how much this was going to cost? If you got a money order in advance, did you include the cost for two-way overnight delivery in the money order (or do you pay the overnight delivery fee directly to the post office)?

...and if you apply for a passport after the oath ceremony, can you also use the two-way overnight delivery?

NY passport appointment

Hello,

1. I made an appointment in NY regional passport agency. Can I get the passport on the same day?
2. Do I get a new E-passport at this location?

Thanks.

Hello,

1. I made an appointment in NY regional passport agency. Can I get the passport on the same day?
2. Do I get a new E-passport at this location?

Thanks.

1. You could if you can prove that you need it that fast
2. I think so

I know if you want your passport to be sent via overnight delivery, you have to pay more for it. How did you find out how much this was going to cost? If you got a money order in advance, did you include the cost for two-way overnight delivery in the money order (or do you pay the overnight delivery fee directly to the post office)?

...and if you apply for a passport after the oath ceremony, can you also use the two-way overnight delivery?

The USPS handles everything for you. You make 2 checks ($127 for the state dept and another one for the expedited round trip postage)

Not sure about the ceremony. I probably depends on the location.

I applied on 05/31 and so far nothing...I called up the Cust Service and the Rep said expedited takes more than 4 weeks these days.
My status doesn't show up and the Cust Service Rep was kind enough to tell me it only shows up when the processing is done!

Here is why?
http://redtape.msnbc.com/2007/06/citigroup_worke.html#posts

My status showed up after ~10 days. It has been in processing since. 4 weeks now since mailing. my trip is coming up :(

Is it better for me to apply at a passport agency than USPS? I will be in NY tomorrow so wondering if I should just apply expedited over there?

Also, can I just apply with a copy of my naturalization certificate? I'm a bit nervous sending the original!

You can only apply at a passport agency if you have evidence (i.e. paid itinerary or ticket) that you're traveling within 14 days. Additionally, you have to make an appointment by calling the national passport agency's 800 number. Appointments are fairly hard to come by.

No copies of anything...So, you have to send in your original