Expedited Passport

Received Passport

Received our E-Passports today. It took exactly 2 weeks to get the passport via expedited service (express mail both ways). Please check the signature line for the dates.

Received Passport Today

I received my passport today as indicated by the travel.state.gov website, the naturalization certificate was also returned to me in a good shape (no folds, marks etc.), I applied in Los Angeles and it is a e-Passport.

I received my passport today as indicated by the travel.state.gov website, the naturalization certificate was also returned to me in a good shape (no folds, marks etc.), I applied in Los Angeles and it is a e-Passport.

did you apply at a post office?

I just checked my passport application status. Anyone know what the foll. means, ie. what's the English interpretation of this :D ?

Thank you for submitting your passport application! It is currently being processed.
Your passport application locator number is xxxxxxx.

Note: We have been experiencing a problem with the online status check system affecting only the application locator number. This does not affect the processing of your application. If the number above is 10 digits long and starts with 10000, please do not worry. If you need to contact the National Passport Information Center, you will have to provide at least your name and date of birth instead of the application locator number. Otherwise, please provide the locator number above.

Please verify pick-up date and time from your Will-Call receipt. Your passport will be ready at that time.

In the event of an emergency and you are unable to pick up your passport, please contact the National Passport Information Center.

FYI: I am using a passport expeditor to handle our passports and they are doing a 2-5 day rush. I expect my passport either Thursday or Friday.

Looks like Pump's response above is exactly like mine except paragraph 3 (in bold).

what is a passport expeditor? how much does it cost more that the regular expediting fees? where to get one?
thanks

Yes

Yes, I did apply at LAX Post Office.

Also, I forgot to mention in my previous post, the additional $1.85 for the express mail was paid by the passport issuing office. When, I sent my app., the post office only included a stamp for $14.40 since that was the old express mail rate.

did you apply at a post office?

Last edited by a moderator:
what is a passport expeditor? how much does it cost more that the regular expediting fees? where to get one?
thanks

I used aRush passport based out of Austin - they servce nationwide. There's also briggs passport services.

What do they do? Well...... they can expedite your passport - get it to you in 1,2,5, 10 days. If you need your passport that quickly, then they are worth it. I paid $80/pp for 2-5 days. Check my posts on this thread for more details.

Web site says I would get PP on 05/23/07

I am disappointed with the way post office handled my expedited case. Even though I paid for expedited processing, the web site says the following:

"You requested delivery by regular mail. Passport Agencies use Priority Mail. This means you should receive your passport on or about 05/23/2007."

I applied for it on 04/28/07. Either that message is wrong on the website or the expedited processing does take that long. But, the overall time frame still seems to be about 4 weeks. I hope it has nothing to do with the postal change rate.

Anyone had similar experience? I know people are getting it within 3 to 4 weeks with expedited processing.

Pump, The message may be wrong, mine said regular mail but the message changed to overnight after a few days, I think you will receive your passport on Monday, since they send it in the express mail envelop you sent when you applied for passport.

I am disappointed with the way post office handled my expedited case. Even though I paid for expedited processing, the web site says the following:

"You requested delivery by regular mail. Passport Agencies use Priority Mail. This means you should receive your passport on or about 05/23/2007."

I applied for it on 04/28/07. Either that message is wrong on the website or the expedited processing does take that long. But, the overall time frame still seems to be about 4 weeks. I hope it has nothing to do with the postal change rate.

Anyone had similar experience? I know people are getting it within 3 to 4 weeks with expedited processing.

Thanks Mant0478!

Pump, The message may be wrong, mine said regular mail but the message changed to overnight after a few days, I think you will receive your passport on Monday, since they send it in the express mail envelop you sent when you applied for passport.

I think you are right. We can not count on the web site messaging. I hope I get it on Monday. Right now, a lot of things depend upon me getting the passport.

Thanks for everyone's feedback. I opted for the expedited process via the post office which is averaging less than 4 weeks in the los angeles area assuming you pay for express mail both ways. Crossing my fingers that the PP comes in time for my trip.

Passport Delay!!!!! Please respond

All, We applied the passport 11.5 weeks before and still waiting to receive from washington agency.. Is this normal? or will there be a reason for hold
up...Also would like to know any body in the same boat? please help

Applied for regular processing <No travel Plans for now>

The average wait time for regular processing is supposed to be around 12 weeks.

Check your online status to make sure they have your application. If they have it, you're fine. It may even have an estimated delivery date.

If they don't have a status for it online, I'd call the national information center to try and figure out what happened to it.

I recieved my passport today!!!! One week expedited...wow! I applied right after my oath ceremony along with all the other newly naturalized citizens. i have no idea if that had any effect on how quickly it got to the passport office. Either way, I'm happy.

I may be the only one, but i'm not a fan of the new ePassports. I find them kind of ugly and the quotes on every page amateurish. I can see how it'd be hard to fake though.

On an ANGRY note...They returned my certificate with plenty of creases. It was folded into three and then dropped in the mail :mad: :mad: :mad:

This is despite the fact that I took a sheet protector to my oath ceremony and specifically enclosed the certificate in a sheet protector before mailing it. I can't believe they screwed it up...idiots.

Can't do anything about it...maybe I'll apply for a replacement in a few years.

place of issue

Those of you who just got their passports....Is the place of issue listed as "US State Department" or some regional agency? Mine says State Dept and I'm not sure what to say on documents that ask for a place of issue for passport.

I recieved my passport today!!!! One week expedited...wow! I applied right after my oath ceremony along with all the other newly naturalized citizens. i have no idea if that had any effect on how quickly it got to the passport office. Either way, I'm happy.

I may be the only one, but i'm not a fan of the new ePassports. I find them kind of ugly and the quotes on every page amateurish. I can see how it'd be hard to fake though.

On an ANGRY note...They returned my certificate with plenty of creases. It was folded into three and then dropped in the mail :mad: :mad: :mad:

This is despite the fact that I took a sheet protector to my oath ceremony and specifically enclosed the certificate in a sheet protector before mailing it. I can't believe they screwed it up...idiots.

Can't do anything about it...maybe I'll apply for a replacement in a few years.

Wow! congrats! we were together on may 18 at montebello. I applied last week at USPS. I was told 3 weeks. The lady at the post office had an attitude. I told her i want to mail it in a protector jacket and that others have done it. she said no way. took the cert from me and STAPLED it to the application. Aghhhhh she can not even speak proper English. It annoys me sometimes..:mad:

Same issue here.

website says "When you applied, you requested Expedite Service and Routine Delivery of your passport. Passport Agencies use Priority Mail. "

i did not request routine delivery, pump, when did you get your passport 5/23 or earlier?

.....I may be the only one, but i'm not a fan of the new ePassports. I find them kind of ugly and the quotes on every page amateurish. I can see how it'd be hard to fake though.
Looks like you and I are on opposite ends of the artistic appreciation spectrum :rolleyes: - quite different from my thoughts. Care to elaborate on why you think they are soooo ugly :eek: ?

.....On an ANGRY note...They returned my certificate with plenty of creases. It was folded into three and then dropped in the mail :mad: :mad: :mad:

This is despite the fact that I took a sheet protector to my oath ceremony and specifically enclosed the certificate in a sheet protector before mailing it. I can't believe they screwed it up...idiots..

I can empathize with you. Goes to prove that it's really in the hands of the individual handling each passport application. I guess you got stuck with a retard. I'd be pissed to :mad:

Hello new citizens, based on my experience, apply expedited with overnight delivery and breathe easy. Trust me, it is worth the extra cost. I regret for having chosen routine processing.

Hello all,

Did you guys fill out the "travel plans" when you applied for expedited? Would the agency refuse an expedited application if we fail to provide the travel plans on the form?

Thanks in advance.

I do not think "travel plans" are necessary to apply expedited, i did not fill anything in that section and I applied for my passport expedited and got it in 3 weeks.

Hello all,

Did you guys fill out the "travel plans" when you applied for expedited? Would the agency refuse an expedited application if we fail to provide the travel plans on the form?

Thanks in advance.