Expedited Passport

Got my Passport today ! 10 working days !! weeeeeeh

Here's my timeline (Providence RI PO)
4/9/07...applied (paid with Postal Money Order; Expedited; just Priority Mail)
4/14/07...online status appeared
4/18/07...online status said processed and delivered
4/20/07...priority mail arrived...got an Electronic one

note: the pages are very fancy with illustrations etc
oh yes, mailed from South Carolina

Good luck to everybody!! Am done.....where's my martini??

Passport Status Isn't Showing Online!

My daughter was born here and therefore is a citizen .

I applied for a passport for her expedited cause we are traveling June 1st.

I applied on April 7th with expedited service. The status has never shown up online, i called and i was told that it wasnt' showing up from her social security number but that it should be finished by next week.

Anyway, i read on their website where it says that if your name matches someone elses or something to that affect status may never show up online.

Anyway, atleast i know we should get it by the following week cause i did routine delivery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got it. It's a new e-passport. Looks really cheesy :D
Here's my timeline:
Applied expedited (plus overnight delivery both ways) — March 22
On-line status appears — March 29
Passport is finished and mailed to me —April 17
Date of issue — April 14

Mailed from Los Angeles.

Nothing new still for my wife's passport. This is the time line:

3/31 Applied in a Houston Postoffice, expedited, express return mail.
4/5 Shows online as routine application and routine delivery.
4/6 check cashed.
A few calls with nothing other than asking to wait. No replies to 3 emails.
4/13 Message changed to Expedited with routine delivery.
4/20 Called to check status, nothing new, just asked to wait.

23 days later and still waiting.

Passport applied in Dallas, TX

My wife and I are also waiting for passport to show up. We applied in Flower Mound, TX (suburb of Dallas) post office on 4/5/07, day after our oath ceremony. We still haven't receive our passports yet. Even though our status online shows up that we applied Expedited and routine mailing service. I am not going to bother with calling the State Dept, I gather from this forum, there is a lot of waiting involved to hear that our case is still in process. Hopefully our passport arrive in next 10 days as it will be over 28 days from applying, may be call them then.

s_a_kumar

Looks like it is going to be a drag. My status has not appeared yet in the website, (see above for my timeline). Talked to an rep and they asked me to wait 2 weeks before any enquiry. Hope they did not lose the material and it arrives before my trip. Looks like we (with my wife) are the only one who applied in this time frame and the status has not appeared yet. Anybody else in the same boat?:confused:

My wife and I are also waiting for passport to show up. We applied in Flower Mound, TX (suburb of Dallas) post office on 4/5/07, day after our oath ceremony. We still haven't receive our passports yet. Even though our status online shows up that we applied Expedited and routine mailing service. I am not going to bother with calling the State Dept, I gather from this forum, there is a lot of waiting involved to hear that our case is still in process. Hopefully our passport arrive in next 10 days as it will be over 28 days from applying, may be call them then.

s_a_kumar

My problem is that our status does not show online yet. It has been 2.5 weeks now. Hopefully it will show up soon (and they did not lose the doc's). The check has not been cashed yet. I wonder if it got mixed with the regular pile even though we applied expedited.

Nothing new still for my wife's passport. This is the time line:

3/31 Applied in a Houston Postoffice, expedited, express return mail.
4/5 Shows online as routine application and routine delivery.
4/6 check cashed.
A few calls with nothing other than asking to wait. No replies to 3 emails.
4/13 Message changed to Expedited with routine delivery.
4/20 Called to check status, nothing new, just asked to wait.

23 days later and still waiting.

Just to update the time line. My wife's passport was mailed yesterday via express mail and we should get it today 4/27. So it's 4 weeks EXACTLY.

*** urgent passport issue ***

Onlien satus of our passport appl saying that it is not found in their system
but i used to see a message until yesterday stating receivied and is being
processed. I'm confused now...why the message changed to not found
help please...

Online satus of our passport

Same thing with my wife's and mine too. Looks like there is some problem on their side.. I checked very late last night around 12 am central and was saying it was submitted etc.....

time line:
Applied in Dallas, at a post office. Expedited and express overnight.
AD - 4/5/07.
Status showed up on 4/12/07.
Nothing yet.

s_a_kumar

Onlien satus of our passport appl saying that it is not found in their system
but i used to see a message until yesterday stating receivied and is being
processed. I'm confused now...why the message changed to not found
help please...

Guys go for A Rush Passport and don't hassle with any of this nuisance, just show an itinerary for imminent travel and you will get it immediately - you can even pay for a ticket and get a refund once you get back the passport.

eo23,
You mentioned that we can provide an itinerary OR a paid ticket (and then get the refund back since one would not be traveling - just applying for a passport saying tha there are travel plans.
the passport application form asks for travel dates. On the form - do we have to mention the travel plans?

System seems to be up...showing now that is still in process..phew!!!

Got excited for some time thinking we got our passports.

s_a_kumar

Same thing with my wife's and mine too. Looks like there is some problem on their side.. I checked very late last night around 12 am central and was saying it was submitted etc.....

time line:
Applied in Dallas, at a post office. Expedited and express overnight.
AD - 4/5/07.
Status showed up on 4/12/07.
Nothing yet.

s_a_kumar

NYC passport

I received naturalization certificate last week. Made appointment early last week with NY passport agent for expedited passport. Had appointment 8am. Arrived in passport agen 7:45, 20+ people on line. Took about 1/2 hour to get to the information to get a waiting number. Went up to 10th floor to wait to be called to submit the application. Only waited 10 minutes on second floor. Submitted 2 photos, passport application form, naturalization certificate, airline itenery, and my NY license. Left the building at 8:45 (just in time for work). Then, I went back to the office in my lunch time to collect my passport. That is the most efficient and safe way to get the passport.

Passport application locator number

When we apply for the passport - the online status that appears has a passport application locator number (9 digits). Is this the number that will eventually become the passport number?

Thanks

When we apply for the passport - the online status that appears has a passport application locator number (9 digits). Is this the number that will eventually become the passport number?

Thanks

Nope - not at all !! Your passport # will be different.

Kabes - Are you sure? I definitely saw atleast one post here that said that the passport application locator number (9 digit number when you check the status of your application online) ended up being the actual passport number too.

Kabes - Are you sure? I definitely saw atleast one post here that said that the passport application locator number (9 digit number when you check the status of your application online) ended up being the actual passport number too.

That must have been a real coincidence, if it did happen that way.

In my case, the 2 nos were completely different. I also checked with a few friends of mine, and they all said the same thing too.

vishwaskaroo...I just checked my passport and the passport number is definately NOT the same as the passport application locator number.

Hope this info helps. :)