Expedite Fbi Name Check

Rahul Kumar said:
Shaky,

You got a "No-Records" as a result of your FOIPA. I doubt if your name check will see turbulance

Kool... but i am not even sure if uscis has put in request for another name check on me, because of last application, but i am not sure. lets see when i get responce from fbi. Thanx.

Rahul Kumar said:
Hey shaky,

Is the FBI really backlogged 3 months on namecheck status ? Is it what they told you?

LOL Rahul... yeah i called today, and thats the news they gave me. so they asked me to wait for 90 days for my name check request.

more than 800 ppl viewed ur helpful info... and every one wants to be proactive in res[ect tp thei application. so i belive out of 800 , atleat 500 must have filed request...lol and also i saw that ur post has been sent to other forums as well like.. britishexpats.com. so from there too, alot of ppl man... alots. lol

When I started off with my name check queries, it took about 1-2 weeks for them to get back to me. when I was done, it was about 1 month. My god its 3 months now. If they take 3 months to key in your name into a computer to see if a check is done or not then imagine..........

Could someone please triple the department's budget!!

lbusch28 said:
Hello everyone
You know guys I have the same problem as all of you my name check is been pending since 8/5/03, and my husband is been waiting for me in Iraq for a little over 4 years, I have sent letters to the FBI, USCIS, congressman, 2 senators, and even the president I never got any results is there any one who can tell me what is FOIPA? and how do you file for that! I will truly apprecaite your respond, and good luck every one.

Please download this form and file a FOIPA request. FOIPA is nothing more than a check to see if the FBI has any file on you or not (not necessarily adverse). If they do have a file then it takes time for them to summon the file and analyze it so they can clear/hold your name check.

FOIPA will give you a useful indicator as to why your name check is delayed. It's just a start.

Who did you write to in the fbi? Mere writing won't help. Do visit your congressman (preferably after you get foia results) and explain your urgency. remember, u may be the MOST deserving person but if you can impress upon the congressman/fbi that you are such its of no use. so take max effort to present ur case also

http://foia.fbi.gov/privacy_request.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Rahul Kumar said:
Please download this form and file a FOIPA request. FOIPA is nothing more than a check to see if the FBI has any file on you or not (not necessarily adverse). If they do have a file then it takes time for them to summon the file and analyze it so they can clear/hold your name check.

FOIPA will give you a useful indicator as to why your name check is delayed. It's just a start.

Who did you write to in the fbi? Mere writing won't help. Do visit your congressman (preferably after you get foia results) and explain your urgency. remember, u may be the MOST deserving person but if you can impress upon the congressman/fbi that you are such its of no use. so take max effort to present ur case also

http://foia.fbi.gov/privacy_request.pdf

Hello there, I really appreciate your replay, you asked who did I wrote a letter to in the fbi? I wrote "to home it may concern" I never got a reply? So I guess my problem didn't concern any one, thanks for the help though. Good luck every one.

MazzyStar said:
Okay, I have an update, and its not good news. Arghg this is so frustrating. I received an email from the FBI saying that they received a request from USCIS on MARCH 20, 2003 and is currently in a pending status!!!!!!!!!! Pending for a damn year and a half!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do not understand what could possibly be taking that long to clear up!!!!!!! So frustrating, my fiance cannot travel anywhere, he feels like he is trapped here. What else can we do? I sent a fax last week for FOIPA and am still waiting for a response. What should I do if it comes back as No Records?
Thanks for help.

don't feel too bad I'm on the same boat, uscis send my name for check on 8/5/03 and not too long ago the FBI told me that it is still in pending status, I just wonder how long more is it goanna take?

Well, hopefully not much longer, because my fiance really needs to go back to IRaq to see his family. :( Hopefully I will hear from our congressman soon to see if the FBI is going to expedite our request. I have my fingers crossed.

A new member to the Club!

Folks:
I am also a Name Check Victim like others on this particular forum. I had my Naturalization Interview on March 11, 2004, passed it and got that stereotyped letter informing me of additional security checks and making me realize that I got netted in this Name Check Clearance trap.
The reason was pretty obvious; a fairly common Muslim first name and an extremely common Muslim surname.
I was wondering if any of you guys has come across a case where the Name Check Victim got the Oath letter without pulling any strings or making extra efforts like, Name Check Inquiry from FBI, FOIPA or help from the Congressman etc.
My intention for asking this is not to discourage anyone from making extra efforts but to find out the normal processing time for this Name Check Clearance.

Swani said:
Folks:
I was wondering if any of you guys has come across a case where the Name Check Victim got the Oath letter without pulling any strings or making extra efforts like, Name Check Inquiry from FBI, FOIPA or help from the Congressman etc.
My intention for asking this is not to discourage anyone from making extra efforts but to find out the normal processing time for this Name Check Clearance.

Yes there are people that take no action. It takes a very long time. Currently the FBI takes 3 months just to tell u if ur check was completed or not. Then imagine how long it will take to clear a pending name check and then make your DO aware of this to fix a date!

I know that there are people in the queue (not N400 though) waiting for name check clearance from the the year ------- 2000!!

Status Disruption During the Wait for Oath

First of all thanks to Rahul for a prompt reply.
Could someone shed some light on the scenario where someone violates the Physical Presence Requirement (stays more than 30 months out of USA during last five years) or the Continuous Residence Requirement (stays more than continuous six months out of USA) during eternal wait for the Oath after passing the Naturalization Interview.
The reason I am asking this is because I am getting married in my native country in the near future, since I won’t be able to bring my spouse in a short period of time to USA as very long processing time is involved for Permanent Residents, so I have decided to stay in my native country after getting married.
Luck is not really on my side since I have been outside of USA on extended trips during the last five years and disruption in the status is highly likely the way things look as people have been waiting for as far as year 2000 to get this Name Check taken care of.
Any comments or suggestions on my situation are welcome

Swani,

Use the info on this forum to try to expedite your namecheck. It would be very unfortunate for you to break your PP or CR requirements AFTER you have had your interview. Don't do it.

Try to expedite your namecheck, don't stay over 6 months out and keep and eye on the mailbox for your oath letter.

When did you apply for Natz ? What's your timeline/district?

Swani said:
Folks:
I am also a Name Check Victim like others on this particular forum. I had my Naturalization Interview on March 11, 2004, passed it and got that stereotyped letter informing me of additional security checks and making me realize that I got netted in this Name Check Clearance trap.
The reason was pretty obvious; a fairly common Muslim first name and an extremely common Muslim surname.
Hey welcome to the oath waiting forum

My case just like yours. I have a common muslim name(last name). My details are as follows:

PD Jan., 2003
FP April, 2003
Interview July, 2003
Name check clear 11th Feb., 2004 (took an year)
Oath????????????

Finally after sending several letters to different senators (both Federal & state) took the extreme step of filing a 'motion to calendar' a suit through my lawyer (in the bay area). The earliest date I get is in November so lets see what happens.

Several Checks or One Check

Hey guys,

Do you know if USCIS do several different security checks or only FP/Name check on N400s

What I mean is if even the Name/backround checks came back from FBI but may be other checks still pending..

Any idea Rahul ...

Thanks

Philadelphian

philadelphian said:
Hey guys,

Do you know if USCIS do several different security checks or only FP/Name check on N400s

What I mean is if even the Name/backround checks came back from FBI but may be other checks still pending..

Any idea Rahul ...

Thanks

Philadelphian

Phillyman..

Looks like they dont want us to know due to security reasons. I was told by officer there are diff type of checks, more than name and IBIS check. so we dont know. but if u think what could be more than IBIS, FBI name check and CIA G325 check. and also fingerprint check. now what kinda other checks could be??? i dont know.

shaky said:
If i try to answer ur question i might complicate it for you... there is all the info in this thread, and it is in detail from step 1 to step unknown.
Please be quick to get knowledge from that Rahul/s post. because i am sure Rahul will have to delete that post, because now FBI is backloged on namecheck status inquiries for 3 months , and before his post it was less than a month. lol
Thank you for replying to my post you really helped me a lot with your post, I didn’t knew Rahul had replied until I seen yours, so I checked all his posts and it was there, I hope we all get are names cleared as soon as possible. Thanks again

lbusch28 said:
Thank you for replying to my post you really helped me a lot with your post, I didn’t knew Rahul had replied until I seen your, so checked all his posts and it was there, I hope we all get are names cleared as soon as possible. Thanks again

ur welcome... --------> passing all the thanks to -----> Rahul the man.

philadelphian said:
Hey guys,

Any idea Rahul ...

Thanks

Philadelphian
I have been doing a lot of researches on security check, and so far I’ve only seen name check, but you have to know that there is two things that your name could come up as,#1 you would have NO RECORD, #2 it will come up as HIT, if your name come up as a hit in the system the FBI will do a full check on you, what I mean by that is they will check to see how many times you got speeding tickets and how many times you went to court and so on, so basically they will get into the details of your background, so if your name get cleared, you are all set for the oath, I hope I get to see my oath it sure looks like that day will not come any time soon :confused: