• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

EUROPEAN SELECTEES! Meet here!!

The information is from the Budapest embassy, we must show money or sponsor:( and of course show a lots of paper (birth certificate, diploma etc.) and have a medical exam.....

And finally I found out where can I find the A Number: is it on the green card:)

Not yet +Den, we will have an interview in early March, but I always think forward, that's why I try to find out and ask you what is an A number:):):)

Why do you have to show more money? The answer is really simple, because in my country the salary is less than UK. While the people in the United Kindom earn 1000 £ per month we hungarians earn 300-400 £ :(:(
So the money you have to show varies by country! You have to be infomed by your embassy, and there will not be any problem:)

It still doesnt make sense... when we both arrive into USA, costs of living would be same for both of us... Are they saying that we people living in UK cant survive on same amount as others from Eastern Europe?? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
It still doesnt make sense... when we both arrive into USA, costs of living would be same for both of us... Are they saying that we people living in UK cant survive on same amount as others from Eastern Europe?? :confused:
What is your real concern (if any)?

What is your real concern (if any)?

I need to know what kind of money will I have to present for 3 people... presenting 60k pounds for 2.. so thats 90k for 3 sounds quite a lot to me and this will take me some time to pull together from different accounts which I dont want to do... I want to know realistic figure we need to present in London embassy without affidavit support.

thanks

In 2010 US Embassy in London answered as follows:
(Transcript for the 16 April 2010 Webchat)
30. Marco Curreli: Can a Diversity Immigrant Visa applicant who is scheduled for a consular interview in London meet / satisfy the public charge provisions of the law by submitting SOLELY the following 2 pieces of evidence? 1) The applicant’s own bank statement showing the present balance of his account, the date the account was opened, the number and amount of deposits and withdrawals during the past 12 months, and the average balance during the year? If so, what is the minimum present balance and minimum average balance during the year required by the consular office? And 2) Proof of the applicant’s ownership of an automobile, in the form of an automobile title and the bank records showing the applicant’s monthly car payments to date?
* Consular Officer: A DV applicant may submit bank statement(s) showing the present balance of account(s) and activity over the past 12 months as proof of assets to satisfy the public charge provisions of U.S. immigration law. The current balance must meet 5 times the annual salary for the applicant’s family size, as specified on the I-864P as 125% of the poverty line. Example: For a family size of 1-2 people, the DV applicant must submit proof of at least $91,060 in cash, liquid assets. The applicant should be able to explain the source of funds in their bank accounts. If an applicant does not have sufficient assets, s/he may submit an I-134 completed by a joint sponsor that lives in the U.S as either a U.S. citizen or Legal Permanent Resident.

Happy now?

I would show as much as possible, including not obvious thing, which could be used as asset - such as flat in Poland or something else.

Absolutely obvious that this rule is not working - people with smaller amount are welcomed.
Also I learnt from forums that money is very rare reason for rejection.

In 2010 US Embassy in London answered as follows:
(Transcript for the 16 April 2010 Webchat)
30. Marco Curreli: Can a Diversity Immigrant Visa applicant who is scheduled for a consular interview in London meet / satisfy the public charge provisions of the law by submitting SOLELY the following 2 pieces of evidence? 1) The applicant’s own bank statement showing the present balance of his account, the date the account was opened, the number and amount of deposits and withdrawals during the past 12 months, and the average balance during the year? If so, what is the minimum present balance and minimum average balance during the year required by the consular office? And 2) Proof of the applicant’s ownership of an automobile, in the form of an automobile title and the bank records showing the applicant’s monthly car payments to date?
* Consular Officer: A DV applicant may submit bank statement(s) showing the present balance of account(s) and activity over the past 12 months as proof of assets to satisfy the public charge provisions of U.S. immigration law. The current balance must meet 5 times the annual salary for the applicant’s family size, as specified on the I-864P as 125% of the poverty line. Example: For a family size of 1-2 people, the DV applicant must submit proof of at least $91,060 in cash, liquid assets. The applicant should be able to explain the source of funds in their bank accounts. If an applicant does not have sufficient assets, s/he may submit an I-134 completed by a joint sponsor that lives in the U.S as either a U.S. citizen or Legal Permanent Resident.

Happy now?

I would show as much as possible, including not obvious thing, which could be used as asset - such as flat in Poland or something else.

so 90k dollars for 2...

Were you personally asked about finances or you had sponsor?

ty for info.

ASked about my finance twice:
1. during documents phase (when I provided docs) "what proof of your finance do you have?" "here you go: 2 prints (my+my wife's) from online-bank and summary, prepared by me in Excel - sum of accounts from prints+other assets"
2. during interview.

ASked about my finance twice:
1. during documents phase (when I provided docs) "what proof of your finance do you have?" "here you go: 2 prints (my+my wife's) from online-bank and summary, prepared by me in Excel - sum of accounts from prints+other assets"
2. during interview.

So did you meet the 90k requirement? or you had less and they didnt care?

Hello all. It's my first post here on the forum.
I do not know if I can post here, since I'm not a european selected because DV 2014 is the first time I´m applying. However I was watching the forum, to understand a little more about the procedures for the DV.
There are some questions I need to see better, but still have time (I think: D), because the results of DV2014, quit in May. Also I do not know if I'll be one selected, I hope so.

However I have a question that I think you probably can answer. If i be selected, I'm from Portugal, however it seems that the U.S. embassy in Lisbon has not carried out the interview, now the portuguese winners have to go to the embassy in Paris, for an interview.
There are some of you who did the interview at the embassy in Paris? Some tips? And you know how much money they ask for? I need to know this, in case i be selected, also because i don´t have no family or friend in the US, so i need to have some amount of money to get the GC.

Thanks

hzss12 is right. if you are a dv winner, first of all you do not need an affidavit of support (but it depends on a country you are from) . second of all there are different rules applying to i-134 and i-864. as a dv winner you might want to show form i-134 but then (here is a quote from USCIS website):
" The 125 percent of the federal poverty guideline minimum income requirement, the most recent year's tax return, and other requirements only apply when Form I-864 is needed. Applicants presenting Form I-134 will need to show that their U.S. sponsor's income is 100 percent of the federal poverty guideline."

Hi guys,

I have a question. I received my passport already and now I'm in the process of applying for jobs. I got a few interviews already and there is one that looks likely in Boston
The thing is... I lived in Miami for a while a few year ago, so during my interview we said that we were going back to Miami cause I know the area very well and I have a few contacts that can help me getting a job.
If I get this job in Boston would I be able to do my "Port of Entry" proceduce there or I must go to Miami cause I believe he wrote down that we would be arriving to the US via MIA airport.

In the envelope that they give you, which I am not supposed to open, that it say somewhere that my POE has to be Miami or not?
Also, I might need to go to Boston for a final interview, so me and my wife will have to travel together, validate our green card there, stay 2 days and then return to UK. Staying for 2 days and then come back to finish the moving plans would be an issue? or I can travel back and forth anytime I want?

Thanks in advance for answering!! ;)

Hi Guys,
Could somebody help me on this? Are you sure I wont have any problems if I said I was going to entry and live in Miami and now I got a job offer in Boston and I might do my port-of-entry process there?

It doesnt say any where on file or in my papers that I must do it in Miami?

Thanks a lot again!