Email of Approval notices

Bal_Thackeray

Registered Users (C)
I was already approved on Jan 27th. Received my approval notices in february, got passport stamped on Valentine's day and Received my plastic cards in march.

Today I got another set of emails from USCIS saying your case is approved and approval notices have been mailed... :confused: :confused:

Has anyone else received such emails...?

Today, I have also recevied 2 email stating case was approved and notice mailed.

My 485 was approved was approved on 03/08/05, PP stamped 03/28/05 and card recevied 4/20/05.

This is strange! experts please advise what action to be taken.

Thanks much

EB2 (India)
PD: 6/2001
I-140 RD : 10/20/2003
I -140 AD: 06/XX/2004
FP: 10/30/2004
I-485 RD : 10/20/2003
I-485 AD : 03/08/2005

Duplicate Notice

Hi
I am in the same situation too. I got approved in Feb and the card on 1st April. Yesterday (May3rd), I got 2 emails from USCIS saying that "A Duplicate notice has been mailed on this case on May 2nd..."....
I checked the forums and Looks like few more also have got the same kind of LUD/Message change and emails yesterday.
When did you get that email? What does it say exactly?
Waiting to see if there is anything in the mail.
Very strange..Atleast,I am not the only person to get so...

Please keep posting with any updates on this.

Thanks
TSR.

Tension kayko leta hai...

Tension kayko leta hai agar plastic card bhi aa gaya...

just ignore!!!

dont worry ...be happy !!!

Phata hua NIRODH

tsramkumar said:
Hi
I am in the same situation too. I got approved in Feb and the card on 1st April. Yesterday (May3rd), I got 2 emails from USCIS saying that "A Duplicate notice has been mailed on this case on May 2nd..."....
I checked the forums and Looks like few more also have got the same kind of LUD/Message change and emails yesterday.
When did you get that email? What does it say exactly?
Waiting to see if there is anything in the mail.
Very strange..Atleast,I am not the only person to get so...

Please keep posting with any updates on this.

Thanks
TSR.

You Lucky People

Got Approved Twice, While Early 2002 Filers Like Me Are Still Waiting, Life Is Unfair.

Still, Very Happy For You All.

LIBDAY said:
Got Approved Twice, While Early 2002 Filers Like Me Are Still Waiting, Life Is Unfair.

Still, Very Happy For You All.

I agree with you. Best of luck to you. May your case approved soon!!

I got an email too

I was approved Dec 04 and got my card on Feb 05, got an email just an hour ago saying my case has been approved on May 3rd.

What a mess!!!

This shows what a mess this organization is in...Approving already approved cases instead of working on pending cases...

AC/DC said:
I was approved Dec 04 and got my card on Feb 05, got an email just an hour ago saying my case has been approved on May 3rd.

Extra Approvals

Yes, I was approved March 16 and stamped in March 29 2005,
and now I got "approved" again on Apr 28. And I got 2 identical
approval notices in the mail on May 2.

Those silly USCIS jokers... :rolleyes:

My wife and I got approved in Dec. 2004 and got our cards in February 2005. Just got an email for my case stating

"This case has been approved. On May 4, 2005, an approval notice was mailed......."

Not sure whats going on.

I guess its some issue with software they use. My spouse LUD got changed with message stating finger print results have been recieved on May 03 2005.

Actually they got finger print results on Feb 12 and there was LUD with change of message at that time itself.

Same here. Got two set of emails (four) instead of one set of emails (two) on happening of an event. The case was approved in Nov 2004, PP stamping done in Dec 2004 and card received in Jan 2005. Got the emails today 12.30 am that on May 04, 2005 this case been approved....a notice has been mailed and if in 14 days a notice is not received...

Called USCIS. The gentleman advised that when the Notice is received in mail take out photo copies of:

1. The recent Notice (advising second approval)
2. Emails (advising second approval)
3. Previous Approval Notice
4. Both sides of GC

Attach to a letter advising the situation to VSC and requesting them to update their record based on previous approval and relevant GC.

I believe it is very important since based on the second approval notice their record may be showing Approval Notice issued - no PP stamping done and no GC issued and if we travel with our GCs issued on previous approval the USCIS record may not match and we end up in trouble while re-entering USA.

Any suggestions Gurus?

Also happened to me on May the fourth. Got 5 approval emails. All same messages. 2 coming from USCIS and 3 coming CRIS (I don't know what CRIS stands for).

Just letting you know.

the same thing happened to me

My I-485 was approved on Nov. 8, 2004. the Card was received on Jan. 19, 2005. they sent the approval notification emails on May 4, 2005.. saying "this case has been aproved on May 3, 2005." that is sooo strange.....

New card?

I have recieved my card earlier this year but just like above I also got 5 emails that 485 has been approved. In addition, I actually got the approval notice by post yesterday. I compared this to the one that I recieved when my 485 was first approved and this one has "Welcome" and says that "would get a new card in 3 weeks".