Email of Approval notices

Approval emails after getting the card

Hi,
I am also in the same boat,i got my 485 approved in Dec 2004,PP Stamped in Jan 2005,Card recd in Feb 2005.On May 6th recd 2 emails saying that my 485 was approved.
Also i read in one of the messages in the forum,that new cards would be sent.Is this true or can i just ignore these messages.
Suggestions are appreciated

Regards
dkagc

coolcareer said:
I have recieved my card earlier this year but just like above I also got 5 emails that 485 has been approved. In addition, I actually got the approval notice by post yesterday. I compared this to the one that I recieved when my 485 was first approved and this one has "Welcome" and says that "would get a new card in 3 weeks".

Same here. Got approval emails and notices for second time. It says Welcome notice and card will be mailed in 3 weeks :)

I received 2 email as well. It says "an approval notice was mailed......".

Did anyone actually received the second approval notice in mail??

I have moved to a different address.. Dont know if mails from USICS will be forwarded to new address.

JJ

same here

:confused:

My 485 was approved on Jan first week of 2005. Got the card in Feb 2nd week of 2005.
Today I received an email saying that the case has been approved on May11th 2005.
Called USCIS and rep said to mail back a copy of the notice and GC to the
VSC and report to them.
Thanks
NJGC05

Same story, Got approved on Jan 2005 and received cards on March. But today the May 11th we received another 4 e-mails saying 485 cases has been approved. It seems some thing goin on with VCS.

Duplicate approval emails

Count me in!
Got 4 emails (2 each from USCIS and CRIS) that 485 has been approved again.

I am not going to worry about it.

In the same boat

Looks like we may need a POLL here to see how many people are in the same big boat.

I just got the emails this morning and ....Yup, 2nd Approval notice !

I really don't know what happen in USCIS anyway.

Will this notice affect our previous LPR status ? I got my card 2 weeks ago and absolutely don't want to go thru everything all over again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. My husband got the same situation. His case was approved on March 4, 2005 and card was received on March 31, 2005. Today he got two emails saying that his case was approved on May 11, 2005. Don't know what is going on.

I got approval in November last year and made a trip abroad recently, after I came back I got a bunch of approval emails again (which said duplicate notices were sent) and also a Welcome letter by US Mail which said I will receive the plastic cards shortly. Guess I don't mind keeping the extra cards ;) But it's wierd.

WOW Guys,

Some people are so lucky that they are getting approved multiple times and here we are unlucky fellows who are not getting approved even once. We are waiting to see those two magic emails.

Please share the secret of your mega luck. ;) :D

One more to count ..

I have received the approval notices yesterday. In fact I have already received my plastic cards a week before.

Bal_Thackeray said:
I was already approved on Jan 27th. Received my approval notices in february, got passport stamped on Valentine's day and Received my plastic cards in march.

Today I got another set of emails from USCIS saying your case is approved and approval notices have been mailed... :confused: :confused:

Has anyone else received such emails...?

All-

I too got a similar emails.

Basically USCIS, mails two approvals notices one for applicant and another for attroney.

Due to a some technical issues with system, it generated approval notice for applicant but fail to generate for attorney.

Technical issues with system has been resolved.
System is re-generating a two approval notices for applicant and attorney.

Please check the dates on your second 485 approval notice.
It should match with your first approval notice otherwise it may create a problem in future when you will file for your citizenship.

Mike

That's exactly what my attorney told me today and that explains why so many people are affected.

As I know,when we are ready to apply for the citizenship in the future, the eligibility will depend on your starting residence date recorded on your card , not necessary on your I-485 approval date, am I right ?

mike_inus said:
All-

I too got a similar emails.

Basically USCIS, mails two approvals notices one for applicant and another for attroney.

Due to a some technical issues with system, it generated approval notice for applicant but fail to generate for attorney.

Technical issues with system has been resolved.
System is re-generating a two approval notices for applicant and attorney.

Please check the dates on your second 485 approval notice.
It should match with your first approval notice otherwise it may create a problem in future when you will file for your citizenship.

Mike

Hi,
Just FYI....Same is the case with me. I already got my card lase week. But still got approval emails today...
Thanks

Add me in.

Got reapproval mails for self and spouse yesterday. Got our cards in jan itself.

rgds,

Yeppo

Got approved Nov 2004, stamping done in Dec 2004, received the plastic card Jan 2005

Got 2 emails that my case approved on May 5, 2005 and today got the welcome letter, saying that my card will arrive in 3 weeks

I don't know what to do now

Frustrating and Crazy!!!

With no offence to already approved folks I would like to lodge my frustration on VSC for re-approving and re-re-approving already processed/approved cases.

I stongly believe the 'nut-heads' to assign the resources and time to review and approve pending cases rather than re-working on the old ones and create anxiety/tension for approved people.. What do you say friends?

TIA

I agree though in all honesty and based on some other posts I doubt if they have any resources except the mailing department working on this. This seems to be an auto-generated thing sent out to cases between Nov 2004 and some date in April 05.

Rgds,

Yeppo

Does anyone of you receive another approval notice since your 2nd approval email notification ? Please keep us posted, thanks ! :)