* * * Edison, Plaintiff of I-485 litigation against USCIS - I-485 approved * * *

Edison

Registered Users (C)
* * * Edison, Plaintiff of I-485 litigation against USCIS - I-485 approved * * *

I was surprised when I checked the online status of my I-485 application and that of my wife's. Our I-485 applications have been approved on February 11, 2004.

I'm one of the plaintiff of the lawsuit filed against USCIS by Law offices of Rajiv Khanna on behalf of ImmigrationPortal.com members, online community and few other employment based I-485 applicants challenging the delays in processing of Employment based I-485 applications.

I was expecting this surprise from CIS. My FP was about to expire with in next 10 days and also I mailed documents like Employment letter and recent pay stubs for EAD renewal. But I think neither FP nor EAD renewal triggerred my I-485 approval. I strongly believe that I-485 litigation against USCIS triggered my I-485 approval. Actually I planned to send an expedite request to VSC director on Friday (02/13/2004). This surprise approval saved me some energy, even otherwise I wouldn't be just sitting and whining instead I prefer to fight for my legal rights.

I would like to thank Rajiv for this wonderful immigration portal and also for all his help to address I-485 backlog issues. My special thanks to Kashmir, dsatish, ar888, Cinta, dengdeng, YJay, kash777, rk4gc, Raj Chandra, MrCoolz, 140_takes_4ever, frantic, ayansgp, goastros, tombaan, tr22, pingpong02, Jaxen, Sankrityayan,rajum ......... etc. Also I would like to thank all the forum members for sharing their experience and advice to keep this portal active.

I will continue to support all the actions of our community and that of our Core team to reform Legal Immigration system of USA.

I-485: RD:10/07/2002 ND:10/16/2002 AD:02/11/2004 Service Center: VSC

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Receipt Number: EAC03013508**
Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status
Current Status:
This case has been approved. On February 11, 2004, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Non-Immigrant's journey towards Immigration:

1996 - Landed in USA as non-immigrant on H1B.
10/1998 - 2nd H1B.
06/2000 - 3rd H1B.
01/2001 - Applied GC Labor (GC Priority Date).
08/2001 or 09/2001 - Lost the query mail from DOL (I came to know about this only in Dec 2001).
12/2001 - DOL rejected my labor application since query was not replied in time but my company never received that query.
12/2001 - GC Labor was refiled with request to retain the original priority date.
01/2002 - 4th H1B ( 7th Year H1B with 1 year validity).
07/2002 - GC Labor approved with original priority date. The day my GC labor was approved, there was a new regulation from INS about concurrent filing of I-140 and I-485.
09/2002 - Applied I-140 and I-485 concurrently and also I-765 and I-131 but got the receipt and notice date as 10/2002 from INS.
11/2002 - 1st FP
12/2002 - RFE for I-140 .
01/2003 - Replied for I-140 RFE. EAD and AP was on hold due to this RFE.
01/2003 - Got I-EAD from local INS office convincing the officer in-charge eventhough there was hold on my application due to RFE .
01/2003 - 5th H1B (8th Year H1B with 1 1/2 year validity).
02/2003 - I-140 approved
02/2003 - 1st EAD and 1st AP approved.
10/2003 - Applied 2nd EAD and AP
12/2003 - Filed lawsuit against CIS (Courtesy: Mr. Rajiv S. Khanna and his team)
02/2004 - I-485 approved

I request all Employment based I-485 applicants (members of affected class) to Sign the petition to support Employment based I-485 Class Action lawsuit against USCIS.

Request for your support in I-485 litigation