EB3 Prediction for coming months?????

AP Processing Timeline and I-485 Application processing

Hi All,
Does USCIS process our I-485 applications based on FIFO or based on PD, any idea??

Also, I have few questions related to AP, can anyone please help me with these questons?

1) How long its taking for AP approval these days?

2) Does AP approval is depend upon on Fingerprint notice/approval, EAD approval etc??

3) Is there a website were we can track the processing dates for AP?

Advcance thanks for your response!!!

Hi All,
Does USCIS process our I-485 applications based on FIFO or based on PD, any idea??

Also, I have few questions related to AP, can anyone please help me with these questons?

2) Does AP approval is depend upon on Fingerprint notice/approval, EAD approval etc??

USCIS process our I-485 applications based on SECURITY CHECKS.

EB2 vs EB3

Hi all,

Recently so many things happened to my cases, my head is spinning. I need some advice. My own LC was approved on May 9, 2007 with PD of 6/1/04. The substitution I-140 on my behalf also approved on May 10, 2007 with PD of 6/5/02. But, for some odd reason, USCIS decided to approve the substitution I-140 as EB3 (instead of EB2, as we originally thought). Then, thanks for June 07 visa bulletin, the PD for EB3 (india) would be current for the substitution case. Now here are my questions:

1. At I-485 stage, is there a separate queue for EB3 and EB2? Are the cases treated any differently?
2. Do you suggest if I should file I-140 for EB2 case, as an insurance policy?

Thanks in advance..

USCIS process our I-485 applications based on SECURITY CHECKS.

Thanks for your response.

One of my friend got his AP with in 4-5 weeks. Can we still expect same kind of response.

We are thinking of travelling for this summer. Try to figure out, if we could AP by mid of July.

Please let me know.

Thanks!

Thanks for your response.

One of my friend got his AP with in 4-5 weeks. Can we still expect same kind of response.

We are thinking of travelling for this summer. Try to figure out, if we could AP by mid of July.

Please let me know.

Thanks!

Looks like all of us are busy preparing our documents :)

Can anybody share thier/friends experience???

Looks like all of us are busy preparing our documents :)

Can anybody share thier/friends experience???

--
Congrats goodphysq, you can check out the dates on trackitt.com for AP, I think you might not be able to make it by mid july, it took me close to 2 months to get AP.
Since you will be filing in June , you might be cutting too close, can u go a month later?

--
Congrats goodphysq, you can check out the dates on trackitt.com for AP, I think you might not be able to make it by mid july, it took me close to 2 months to get AP.
Since you will be filing in June , you might be cutting too close, can u go a month later?

Thanks for your response!! So, how you have been?

Also, when do we get the biometric appointment (How long will that take)? It is mentioned in oh-law firm to take this test before we leave.

As you know Kids school re-opens 1 week of sep. When we travel with kids we need atleast 6-7 weeks.

Its going to be too tight. Also, this time around there will be lot of applications (on June 1st), I think my best bet will be dec or next summer.

At least, finally I could file my I-485 application :) At one stage I thought I will never get here....

Praise God!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your response!! So, how you have been?

As you know Kids school re-opens 1 week of sep. When we travel with kids we need atleast 6-7 weeks.

Its going to be too tight. Also, this time around there will be lot of applications (on June 1st), I think my best bet will be dec or next summer.

At least, finally I could file my I-485 application :) At one stage I thought I will never get here....

Praise God!!

----
I am very happy for you, this is no less than a miracle.
I am good, finally after 7 years, i could tell my that i am not happy with my raise.
Well, I am not sure when GC will come, but I am just counting my days with my company to invoke AC21.
Good luck,
dgb

----
I am very happy for you, this is no less than a miracle.
I am good, finally after 7 years, i could tell my that i am not happy with my raise.
Well, I am not sure when GC will come, but I am just counting my days with my company to invoke AC21.
Good luck,
dgb

Very True, if we go back to initial posts in this thread......clearly shows us ....its indeed miracle :)

Same here....I could also be more confident when i talk to my mgr next time :D

Can you please shed some light about biometric appt (when can we expect and whats the procedure)?? It was mentioned in oh-law firm its good idea to travel after bio-metric is done....

Hi goodphysq

in my case, i have already booked tickets for india trip and now wondering if i can file 485 and then leave. my attorney told me that if FP notice comes while i am away, they can reschedule it. I may no wait for AP, since I have a valid H1, i am planning to get it stemped in india and come back on H1 instead.
nobody had expected that this will be so soon and caught most of us offguard.

Very True, if we go back to initial posts in this thread......clearly shows us ....its indeed miracle :)

Can you please shed some light about biometric appt (when can we expect and whats the procedure)?? It was mentioned in oh-law firm its good idea to travel after bio-metric is done....

Last edited by a moderator:

-----
My application was filed with USCIS on Feb 13th, and after approximately 10 days USCIS sent me a notice for me to go their center and get fingerprinted.
I was asked to report on Mach 12th.
The instructions will be written in the notice. Once biometrics are done they will process your EAD. USCIS has been very prompt in sending the biometric notices, and if you miss the notice they can say you abandoned the 485 application. So, don't miss the notice, you can reschedule if you like, in fact some centers have walk in days also.
Overall process is very simple, they take your FPs and pics and send them to FBI for processing, you should receive a LUD on your applications after a day or two of FPs.
Since you have kids they will also receive biometric notices.

My Answers are in line
Hi All,

As much as you would hope that USCIS would be kind enough to process 485 as per PD, you will be disappointed to note that USICS processes as per the RD, when teh application was filed. Though there are some theories that PD does matter but frankly noone knows.
If you thought labor was a big "matka" welcome to the next stage. Whatever you did to get labor cleared (prayers?) keep doing those. I really hope you are lucky with 485.

checkout trackitt.com, you can get a reasonable idea from that site.

AP is not dependent on FP or EAD, EAD is dependent on FP.

There is a tracker on this page too and trackitt.com is also for tracking.
Some people like to watch optimistic data on immigrationwatch.com too.

My Answers are in line

Thanks for your prompt response. I really appreciate you taking time to respond in detail.

As you know, my first priorty is to get my AP. Lets see whats in store...no high hopes here....as we have gone thru quite a (lot of) ordeal with clearing labor....who knows whats in store for next stage(I-485)!!!

You very right, only prayer can move things. Rest to HIM.

Regards...

Hi goodphysq

in my case, i have already booked tickets for india trip and now wondering if i can file 485 and then leave. my attorney told me that if FP notice comes while i am away, they can reschedule it. I may no wait for AP, since I have a valid H1, i am planning to get it stemped in india and come back on H1 instead.

Every individual situation is unique. Please talk to your attoreny in detail before you make any decision.

I have few implications travelling with my H1B, thats why I am very eager to find out abour AP(Advance Parole)

Good Luck.....

from im-law.com: Applies to you

Hi goodphysq

05/15/2007: June Immigrant Visa Opportunity During Vacation Season

* I-485 can be filed only when the applicant is physically present in the U.S. at the time of filing. Once it is filed, however, the applicant will remain free to travel outside of the U.S. without an Advance Parole or EAD inasmuch as the alien has a valid H-visa or L-visa. All others in other nonimmigrant visa status or out of status who depart from the U.S. without the AP and EAD will be considered abandonment of I-485 application. I-485 applicants usually submit AP and EAD applications concurrently with the I-485 application, in which case since AP and EAD takes at least two months or longer, they will not travel outside of the U.S. What about the H or L visa holders?
Theoretically, they are free to travel immediately after filing I-485/EAD/AP, but such trip may not be completely free from any risk. Currently, it is the Service Center policy to mail out the biometric appointment notices soon after the data-entries are completed and file is opened. Additionally, the agency sends out such notice on a very short notice from one-week to ten days. Theoretically, the applicants are allowed to request rescheduling of the biometric session inasmuch as it is timely filed before the date of appointment and the applicant gives a good reason. When the applicant is traveling outside of the U.S., they may either miss it or not be able to file such request timely. The agency adopted not too long ago so-called stricter policy in enforcing the regulation that provides that failure to take biometric session is considered abandonment of I-485 applications. In old days, they were lenient, but nowadays, they are less accomodating the needs of the applicants. It is thus advised that people may want to take a trip after taking biometric collection session for the safe side. Otherwise, the applicants may experience an emotional trauma abroad.