EB3 Prediction for coming months?????

goodphysq

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I just got my labor approved - after 5 long years :(

Thought I will start this thread so, we could pour out our agony. We all know its not going to take as any where, just a let out for our emotions. Such a long wait (5+ years) could be lot of stress on us and our family.

So, lets spill out here............

So, what you think for EB3 - will there be any movement in coming months?? I dont have any hope until next fiscal year (oct 2007 bulletin).

Any views.............???

PD SEP 2001
EB3 - India

Congrats!! Whats your RD and LUD of your I-140?

Hi,
I just got my labor approved - after 5 long years :(

Thought I will start this thread so, we could pour out our agony. We all know its not going to take as any where, just a let out for our emotions. Such a long wait (5+ years) could be lot of stress on us and our family.

So, lets spill out here............

So, what you think for EB3 - will there be any movement in coming months?? I dont have any hope until next fiscal year (oct 2007 bulletin).

Any views.............???

PD SEP 2001
EB3 - India

you can apply fo r I-140.

current PD running is MAY-2001 and it was not moving since 1 1.2 years. But you are very close comparing to others. you might have to wait 1 more year.

Congrats!! Whats your RD and LUD of your I-140?

I am not sure if my attorney had filed my I-140 yet. Since, I am not expecting any movement in PD for coming months, I have asked my attorney to file under regular processing (I-140).

What does LUD stands for?

you can apply fo r I-140.

current PD running is MAY-2001 and it was not moving since 1 1.2 years. But you are very close comparing to others. you might have to wait 1 more year.

I am expecting some movement begining of the next fiscal year :confused:

At this stage all we can do is hope right???????

I would love to think that way but when I read this para in the bulletin, I am like forget it..:cool:

"E. EMPLOYMENT THIRD PREFERENCE VISA AVAILABILITY DURING THE COMING MONTHS

Little if any forward movement in the Employment Third preference category is expected in the near future. Recent discussions with both Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) and the Department of Labor indicate that the demand for numbers with pre-August 2002 priority dates is likely to be extremely high in the coming months as both agencies continue to work on their backlogs. This could easily cause a retrogression of the current Employment Third preference cut-off dates should that demand begin to materialize at CIS offices during the spring and summer months. "

good luck though

I am expecting some movement begining of the next fiscal year :confused:

At this stage all we can do is hope right???????

I would love to think that way but when I read this para in the bulletin, I am like forget it..:cool:

Little if any forward movement in the Employment Third preference category is expected in the near future. Recent discussions with both Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) and the Department of Labor indicate that the demand for numbers with pre-August 2002 priority dates is likely to be extremely high in the coming months as both agencies continue to work on their backlogs. This could easily cause a retrogression of the current Employment Third preference cut-off dates should that demand begin to materialize at CIS offices during the spring and summer months. "

good luck though

True.........I am hoping to advance atleast by 3-4 mons. My travel to India (after more than 8 yrs wait) is tied with my Advance Parole.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can expect any movement for EB3 with March Bulletin??

Can we expect any movement for EB3 with March Bulletin?

Say atleast by few weeks??:confused:

good luck though

I agree with you Sanan ,

They just froze the work on the last 2-3 months , so anything is posible now !!! These guys don't want to do their job , they just want ...MOOO MONEY !!! After that congressional hearing about the ....MOOO MONEY needed , they got a ...slap on the face , and now this is their response , as allways : No Money = No work !!! I've listen to that video , and they have no real answers to their questions !!! What we see now on their response is the actual level of the work they do these days , and it's hard to believe that will improve even if they get these ...MOOO MONEY !!!

Forget about EB3, it will take minimum 3-4 yrs to reach 2002, at this pace, even if they capture visa numbers, it will be allocated to schedule A, and labor from back log is coming, and dates may move back.....

Can you please elobrate on schedule A?

EB3 to EB2 conversion

PD: Feb 2003- EB3
LC Approved: June 2006
I-140 Approved: Jan 2007

Since I see no hope of file my I 485 in the near future, I started seeking possibilites of converting from EB3 to EB2. I am a 4 yr Engg graduate from India. I had 9 yrs of exp in 2003, when filing for my GC. But my labor ad requirement was BS Engg with 3 yrs exp. So it was filed under EB3.
It has been more than 4yr in the same company got promoted and doing more resposible job now. Also the company is willing to do the conversion, ie starting a fresh labor through perm and redo I 140.

My concerns are:
1) How do I justify myself for a new Labor ad?
2) What are the risks involved here?
3) Is it better to change the employer to prove my point?

Please help. My company lawyer does not encourage too many questions.

Thanks in advance

PD: Feb 2003- EB3
LC Approved: June 2006
I-140 Approved: Jan 2007

Since I see no hope of file my I 485 in the near future, I started seeking possibilites of converting from EB3 to EB2. I am a 4 yr Engg graduate from India. I had 9 yrs of exp in 2003, when filing for my GC. But my labor ad requirement was BS Engg with 3 yrs exp. So it was filed under EB3.
It has been more than 4yr in the same company got promoted and doing more resposible job now. Also the company is willing to do the conversion, ie starting a fresh labor through perm and redo I 140.

My concerns are:
1) How do I justify myself for a new Labor ad?
2) What are the risks involved here?
3) Is it better to change the employer to prove my point?

Please help. My company lawyer does not encourage too many questions.

Thanks in advance

I was in the same situation and I spoke to my attorney. He said its feasible and didnt mention any risk associated with filing new labor.

I am not clear about ur other two que. Why do you want to change job if your present employer is willing to support you with new labor/I-140?

Can you please elobrate on schedule A?

Shedule A is for nurses. They took out visa # from EB3 pool to them, and back log center is approving labors, so the dates will again go back to stone age, it is not going to move for another 304 yrs min, will get GC may couple of days before retirement.

Shedule A is for nurses. They took out visa # from EB3 pool to them, and back log center is approving labors, so the dates will again go back to stone age, it is not going to move for another 304 yrs min, will get GC may couple of days before retirement.

I know its really frustrating....i am hoping we have some immigration reform which will help us with the movement.....:confused:

I think my best bet will be to wait for my son to sponsor me......I just have to wait for another 10 years!!!! At least, I dont have wait till my retirement........:cool:

I know its really frustrating....i am hoping we have some immigration reform which will help us with the movement.....:confused:

I think my best bet will be to wait for my son to sponsor me......I just have to wait for another 10 years!!!! At least, I dont have wait till my retirement........:cool:

Yes, you best option would be sponsorship rather than EB3. See how many restrictions this cause to our daily life, ...

* You have to be in same job category till you get GC, that means if you filed as programmer, and after 10 (if gc happens tha quick) years also you should be a programmer.

* You have live in the same place, if you move around chances are you miss some papers due to the mail going to old place etc. etc

* No clear guidelines about changing company, so you are stuck with same company in same old job, restricted by career growth due to restriction in GC.

* Renew EAD/AP ever year

and the list is more....

Is there a chance for advancement for EB3 Dates in the next Fiscal year????

Yes, you best option would be sponsorship rather than EB3. See how many restrictions this cause to our daily life, ...

I totally agree....

April Bulletin is out and no surprises.Thanks God they didnt further retrogress the dates!

As of now its really bleak......I am hoping that there we will be movement during the next fiscal year (Very High Hope here!!).

Is there a chance for advancement in the next Fiscal year????

I totally agree....

April Bulletin is out and no surprises.Thanks God they didnt further retrogress the dates!

As of now its really bleak......I am hoping that there we will be movement during the next fiscal year (Very High Hope here!!).

Is there a chance for advancement in the next Fiscal year????

Hi , i think you are right in your statement , but i'm still worried about this broken system on USCIS !!! I do not agree with the fact that , USCIS is continue accepting new aplications ( not that i do not agree for them to do that ) and process them irregurarly , instead of taking care of the business and also taking the backlog strait like a bull , in the horns , they just use this process wrong , letting the old cases frozen or retrogress to continue that way , and never or later getting back to them !!! That's just wrong !!! I think they do not have organized their work properly , and this will make their work more and more difficult in the near future !!! We'll see those results soon , probably starting with month of May or June !!! They just continue to move cases from here to there , and viceversa , they leave cases in backlog , processing new cases before answering those waiting in their "archives" , and this just to cover their lack of readiness to do the job !!! I think the government (wich allready reconised also that the system is totally broken since 1996) has to do something about this and take some big measures until is not getting worse !!! I also think that they need more money and more support to do all the better job , but they did not proof that they have the right people and the right system to do it !!! Why all these people , waiting for long time to get a response , must go thru all this ???
I really understand all these security checks , wich can be done better also , but is still a problem out there when is about doing the job right !!! They didn't find the right way of communication between them , and with us the people also , wich is the biggest problem here !!! When you contact them , they should be more open and provide the information what everybody needs it !!! They don't do that , this is another problem !!! I know that should be some privacy and security in processing , but sometime it's just abussive from their part !!! I've been thru a lot of experiences until now , and i think sometimes , that these people working up there they don't do , or better saying , they don't want to do their job better , just hide behind the current system !!! That's wrong , and wrong again !!! I don't know what to say anymore ( i can write here a bestseller and i'm tired of writing allready) , just continue to live in frustrasion , as allways since this process started , like a lot of people in this forum !!! We are just in a black hole right now !!! I just pray for God to give us power and health to make a better living , and to open their minds anytime soon , seeing the real thing in what's happening here !!!

God Bless !!!

Hi , i think you are right in your statement , but i'm still worried about this broken system on USCIS !!! I do not agree with the fact that , USCIS is continue accepting new aplications ( not that i do not agree for them to do that ) and process them irregurarly , instead of taking care of the business and also taking the backlog strait like a bull , in the horns , they just use this process wrong , letting the old cases frozen or retrogress to continue that way , and never or later getting back to them !!! That's just wrong !!! I think they do not have organized their work properly , and this will make their work more and more difficult in the near future !!! We'll see those results soon , probably starting with month of May or June !!! God Bless !!!

I dont see any issue with USCIS. I just got my labor approved and I didnt pay attention whats going on with USCIS world.

Anyway, I thought since there is no number available our cases were not processed. What is that to do with thier efficiency?

Also, do you remember back in 2000-2002 it took only 3-6 mons for the whole 485 processing. Pardon my ignorance, I am not sure why you are so upset with thier efficiency. If we have mumber availability our cases will be processed. Is not that simple? May be they have to increase the number, make dependents exempted etc etc...thats totally different from the issues we are facing now.

Our problem is number availability. Right?