EB3 Prediction for coming months?????

I dont see any issue with USCIS. I just got my labor approved and I didnt pay attention whats going on with USCIS world.

Anyway, I thought since there is no number available our cases were not processed. What is that to do with thier efficiency?

Also, do you remember back in 2000-2002 it took only 3-6 mons for the whole 485 processing. Pardon my ignorance, I am not sure why you are so upset with thier efficiency. If we have mumber availability our cases will be processed. Is not that simple? May be they have to increase the number, make dependents exempted etc etc...thats totally different from the issues we are facing now.

Our problem is number availability. Right?

Agree with you to certain extent , the system should take all the blame, but I wonder....

* Why they take applications and put them into endless q without clearing what is already filed

* Why the put so much restriction for a process that takes years and years , like 'cannot change job, if change job it should be similar' etc...don't you think it donot make send and is too restrictive to say you should be in the same job no matter your exeprience and expertise increase over the years , just because you made mistake of applying GC, if you applied as a programmer even after 7-8 years you have to be programmer, you cannot advance in career, one of the good thing about this country is opportunities and the ability to grow, but if you applied for GC and we dont know what time it will come , we need to be in the same place in life, does not make sense.

* Can understand the delay due various reasons like Visa numbers etc, we as aliens don't have any control or right on that, but can't they atleast develop a system that tell you 'Hey..based on the current sittuation your case processing will be completed in xxxx period, instead of creating this uncertainty, that no one knows , when this will happen, this is not something which is happens all of a sudden, this is a process, which can be streamlined.

* EB3 has visa # available in 2005, they took out the # from this pool to allocate to schedule A, instead of creating separate pool if need to , it is like you are in line and you have X # of people in front of you, and have enough visa available so that u also get one, suddenly out of the blue they take # from the pool and give to someone who was not in the line waiting in line for long with hopes and plans for future...does not make sense to me...

don't know what can be done.....and anything will be done in this regard in near future, employers are happy because people are stuck with them due to gc issues, attorneys,and the system are happy they get money for renewals (endless),

we are the only people who just wonder what a situation I got into, something that we initiated for better prospects has now become a curse on us, with so much restriction and hopelessness...the only hope is for any miracle to happen...

Agree with you to certain extent , the system should take all the blame, but I wonder....

* Why they take applications and put them into endless q without clearing what is already filed

* Why the put so much restriction for a process that takes years and years , like 'cannot change job, if change job it should be similar' etc...don't you think it donot make send and is too restrictive to say you should be in the same job no matter your exeprience and expertise increase over the years , just because you made mistake of applying GC, if you applied as a programmer even after 7-8 years you have to be programmer, you cannot advance in career, one of the good thing about this country is opportunities and the ability to grow, but if you applied for GC and we dont know what time it will come , we need to be in the same place in life, does not make sense.

* Can understand the delay due various reasons like Visa numbers etc, we as aliens don't have any control or right on that, but can't they atleast develop a system that tell you 'Hey..based on the current sittuation your case processing will be completed in xxxx period, instead of creating this uncertainty, that no one knows , when this will happen, this is not something which is happens all of a sudden, this is a process, which can be streamlined.

* EB3 has visa # available in 2005, they took out the # from this pool to allocate to schedule A, instead of creating separate pool if need to , it is like you are in line and you have X # of people in front of you, and have enough visa available so that u also get one, suddenly out of the blue they take # from the pool and give to someone who was not in the line waiting in line for long with hopes and plans for future...does not make sense to me...

don't know what can be done.....and anything will be done in this regard in near future, employers are happy because people are stuck with them due to gc issues, attorneys,and the system are happy they get money for renewals (endless),

we are the only people who just wonder what a situation I got into, something that we initiated for better prospects has now become a curse on us, with so much restriction and hopelessness...the only hope is for any miracle to happen...

Correction in my earlier posting, the first line should be

Agree with you to certain extent , the system should NOT take all the blame, but I wonder....

Correction in my earlier posting, the first line should be

Agree with you to certain extent , the system should NOT take all the blame, but I wonder....

Hi ,
My point was , the system incudes all of these agencies implicated in resolving all this problems , they do not find a way to solve these problems in a better way !!! They just use all their moves to extend these aplications , thru transfers , retrogressions and backlogs security checks and name checks , wich make no sense to me ( in the way that it takes so long for them to do that )!!! That can be done better !!! If my case is current , with all papers in order , visa numbers should be available right away , and if they have to solve the problem , they should do it right away , but they do not do that !!! And are a lot of people out there in this situation , in special people who are stucked on this retrogression for years and years , and they continue to suffer from this matter !!! Probably , soon , will see another backlog , and the most influenced people will be the same ones wich are waiting for up to a decade !!! Why they have to go thru that !!! They pay taxes like everybody else , old and new cases , for the last decade or so !!! That's just not right !!! Even if there are family or employment based , they all have to go thru this broken process !!! Their time should be come long time ago , they have no real info about their cases , everything is just so frustrating here !!! Why , for example , some poeple have to wait so many years ( 6 , 7 ...10, 11 ...years !!), and some poeple just get their response in a month , six months or a year ...??? There is no logic in the processing system here , that's my impression !!! Only the people going thru this , will understand that !!! The system is totally broken , and i don't know if anybody will do something to solve that , at least no too soon as i see it !!!

Lots Of truth

There is lot of truth from previous posts by yh_mltr2004 and GHEBAUER!!

I am not sure if could share or say anything positive.

Lets all hope that there will be a change to the existing process (which is broken to the core!!!!). So that, at least future employment based immigrants wont have to deal with this mess.
:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
From Murthy.com

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_empbas.html

Highlights

HISTORICAL BACKGROUND OF RETROGRESSION
©MurthyDotCom
Mr. Oppenheim discussed the historical background that has led to the current retrogression situation. Retrogression is not something new or unfamiliar in immigration law, as long-time MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers may recall. For many, however, who may have become involved in the green card process since 2001, it is new and, of course, highly problematic. Employment-based (or EB) numbers were current from 2001 through 2005 due to a legislative "fix." This legislation authorized prior, unused immigrant visa numbers from several earlier years to be recaptured and put back into the immigration system. That quota of recaptured numbers was exhausted during Fiscal Year (FY) 2005. As a result, in FYs 2005, 2006 and 2007 we have witnessed severe backlogs in the EB3 categories for all countries and, starting in FY2006, in the EB2 categories for China and India.

Employment-Based Third Preference / EB3
©MurthyDotCom
No forward movement is expected for the employment-based third preference (EB3) category. In fact, as predicted in the March Visa Bulletin and confirmed by Mr. Oppenheim, there is a strong possibility that the EB3 numbers that are not in the "worldwide" chargeability will further retrogress, or move backward. This is expected to occur in the summer of 2007. This backward movement is based upon excessive demand for the limited supply of visa numbers. This will adversely affect nationals of India and China.

CONCLUSION
©MurthyDotCom
We appreciate Mr. Oppenheim's continued willingness to address matters related to visa numbers and the Visa Bulletin. [The most recent Visa Bulletin chart is always available to our readers on MurthyDotCom.] The lack of employment-based visa numbers is a source of great frustration for many and Mr. Oppenheim's predictions do not assuage that feeling. It is better to have an understanding of the reality of the situation, however, than to operate in ignorance or with unrealistic expectations. The shortage of visa numbers, once again, underscores the need for legislation in this area, to increase the numbers, change the counting of the numbers (from one per person to one per family), or to revamp the system entirely.

Any guess for FY08??

Hi,
my PD is Sep 2001. Do you think we will be get there at least begining of next fiscal year???

I just hope that will happen before the next fiscal year , but we do not know for sure what's the real move from their part !!! I think , probably , starting with month of May will see a sign of retregression again ( as per murphy news ....it makes me to believe that ) , wich will put more frustrasion on everybody !!! We just have to keep hoping and keep pressing them to do something about this matter !!! Good luck to all of us on this forum !!!

God Bless .

I just hope that will happen before the next fiscal year , but we do not know for sure what's the real move from their part !!! I think , probably , starting with month of May will see a sign of retregression again ( as per murphy news ....it makes me to believe that ) , wich will put more frustrasion on everybody !!! We just have to keep hoping and keep pressing them to do something about this matter !!! Good luck to all of us on this forum !!!

God Bless .

Very true.

I hope that new STRIVE act will introudced soon, which might bring us some relief!!

NC and visa numbers

Posted this on another thread. Hoping to get better response here...
if USCIS does not use up all visas by end of Sep, can it grant the leftover ones in Oct or later? I mean if they progress the availibility dates now, and allow more people to file now, they won't be approve all of them by end of Sep because namecheck takes so much time. Correct?

Don't know why you think that something will happen next year.. This is so messed up , nothing can be expected in the near future, unless they do something for the Visa # which is unlikely. How many people will be able survive on the job with the same company...till this GC process is over especially when indication of recession is ahead....

Most of us are living in hope 'One day ' it will happen....This should not be the case, we are not hoping for Miracle, this is a process (GC process) , and it should have a system that atleast tell us , you can expect some decision by so and so date, this is like 'Mirage ' in desert, feels like it is there and we walk eagerly towards it just to realise that it is not there and yiu see another one at a distance and you continue this journey....

God Bless .

No Worries!!

Hi Everybody,
No Worries it going to take 5 years at the very least for people who have their PD in 2002 and the rest even more.Lets face it, its not going to become current in in the next two years and then even after that rest assured that name check clearnce will take addtional 2-3 years.
My perspective is its better to be realistic than optimistic.
My 2 cents..
Thanks
Khadash
EB3 Retrogressed Country
PD Oct 2002

Clarification

Hi,
Please pardon for posting this que in this thread.

my PD is Sep 2001 (EB3), and I just filed my I-140 (regular processing). Now, things are getting shaky at my work place. If they let me go what are the options for me to stay this country?

Can someone pls take time to response my que?

I am in the 8th year extension.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

If something untoward happens before 140 approval, hopefully it won't, You have H1, you can transfer H1 to some other company and apply new labor and use your priority date.

Hi,
Please pardon for posting this que in this thread.

my PD is Sep 2001 (EB3), and I just filed my I-140 (regular processing). Now, things are getting shaky at my work place. If they let me go what are the options for me to stay this country?

Can someone pls take time to response my que?

I am in the 8th year extension.

Thanks in advance!

I don't think u can port PD till 140 is approved.
If you haven't already yet, upgrade 140 to PP, worth it, u will lock in ur PD.
At least this way if something unexpected happens you can carry ur PD and join some other company and refile Eb2 labor and get ur GC much sooner.

And as I had recommended earlier convert to Eb2, u have enough experience now, find some reliable desi consultant who can do it for you.
I don't think Eb3 dates will move at all for coming months.
Be practical my friend, you have suffered enough, the system doesn't work, you have to find a way around it.

I don't think u can port PD till 140 is approved.
If you haven't already yet, upgrade 140 to PP, worth it, u will lock in ur PD.
At least this way if something unexpected happens you can carry ur PD and join some other company and refile Eb2 labor and get ur GC much sooner.

And as I had recommended earlier convert to Eb2, u have enough experience now, find some reliable desi consultant who can do it for you.
I don't think Eb3 dates will move at all for coming months.
Be practical my friend, you have suffered enough, the system doesn't work, you have to find a way around it.

Thanks for your repsonse!

I can use the existing labor and I-140 approval with a different company? I thought the new labor and EB2 have to be with the same company.

No Movement

As I sad it so many times THERE WILL BE NO MOVEMENT AT ALL UNTIL NEW LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!No movement in EB3 category all of them!!!!!!!!!

I can use the existing labor and I-140 approval with a different company? I thought the new labor and EB2 have to be with the same company.

------------
you might want to confirm but I believe you can. Please do confirm it though, there are a lot of people doing this. It seems to be the only hope.

VB MAY 2007 posted

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3219.html

good news for the 3rd category Other countries, which I am in.
My PD is Jan 2003, now it's current, but unfortunately I got a letter from TSC this week (as a result of my constant inquiry) that my background NC is not cleared.

So, now I'll have to find all the necessary information about how to expedite NC. Why this is happening to us??

Good luck to ther others.

you can file EB2 labour I140 with new company and can still port EB3 Pd to EB2 I140. I personally did it successfully.
Make sure you have copy of approved Eb3 140, otherwise porting is not possible.