EB2 Visa numbers and LUD - Question

delta99

Registered Users (C)
Guys, Apparently, it looks like USCIS has allocated the available visa numbers to pending applications and there are none left for the fiscal yr ending Sep 30 2008.

Question I had was that how does one know if a visa number is allocated to one's file? Does one see a soft LUD?

Also, if several thousand visa numbers have been allocated in the past 3 weeks, we will surely continue to see approvals over the next month, since we have definitely not had approvals in the thousands. What do you all think?

Guys, Apparently, it looks like USCIS has allocated the available visa numbers to pending applications and there are none left for the fiscal yr ending Sep 30 2008.

Question I had was that how does one know if a visa number is allocated to one's file? Does one see a soft LUD?

Also, if several thousand visa numbers have been allocated in the past 3 weeks, we will surely continue to see approvals over the next month, since we have definitely not had approvals in the thousands. What do you all think?

visa allocated by dept of state and USCIS has nothing to do with that.

LUDs can be for anything. I did not see any any LUD at all before my case was approved. I saw LUD only after my case was approved.

By law visa numbers are only allocated at the moment they approve the case. In the past a LUD when visa numbers are tight usually meant that they collected the file for storage since they are out of visa numbers (so the opposite). Don't shoot the messenger, please.

Do We know when it will be available next

Do we know when it will be available next or when we expect it to be opened again?

Do we know when it will be available next or when we expect it to be opened again?

May be if those with multiple applications withdraw the backup ones to decrease the number of applications and permit more visas for themselves and for others