EB2 485: Pls post here

receipt date and notice date?

I filed I485/131/765 on 8/15/06, and got receipt in mail on 9/15/06. However when I checked the online case status according to the receipt#. They are said " We received your application on 9/13/06..." on my I485/140/131/765.

Is 9/13/06 my receipt date? Or notice date? Or USCIS enter my dates wrong?

Receipt# started LINxxxx
Thanks,

Labor4Ever said:
Thanks bartolo5!

The lawyer is reluctant to do anything at this point. If I call USCIS, what kind of information I need to give to them and could you also kindly point out the phone #?

Calling USCIS will not hurt, although I doubt they will help you, because they will usually ask you for case number and you haven't got even that. Your lawyer should be more agressive about this.

sisy said:
I filed I485/131/765 on 8/15/06, and got receipt in mail on 9/15/06. However when I checked the online case status according to the receipt#. They are said " We received your application on 9/13/06..." on my I485/140/131/765.

Is 9/13/06 my receipt date? Or notice date? Or USCIS enter my dates wrong?

Receipt# started LINxxxx
Thanks,

On the top left corner of your receipt it clearly indicates what was the received date and the notice date. Usually what the online system show is the 'notice date', not the received date, even when the text reads ".... we received .... " they really mean they got got file it in their systems by the notice date, and that's what they go by for to measure processing times.

received an RFE e-mail

hi All,

I received an RFE e-mail message on my pending I-485 petition. Can some shed some lite on what are the most common RFEs asked and wise approach to answer. is receiving an RFE indicate my security/name check done?

Please respond...

Thanks in advance...

I don't know if there's a pattern, but I've seem many related to employment. For example, they're trying to make sure you're still working in the same field for which your NIW was approved. In my case I made the mistake of saying that my employment history included the time I was receiving money as a grad student. So, I had to send them a long explaining proving that during that time I could legaly be supported by the department. then I had to show (again) the documents concerning my practical training and H1B. I think I didn't do a good job establishing that in my original letter. The second item of my RFE they were asking for my I-94, which I had ALREADY giving in my original applicaiton, along with ALL pages of my passport, showing right there, the last legal entry in the US! But again, I don't think I showed it well in my original cover letter for the I485. Do a search here and you should be able to find other RFEs. In the end though they may mean nothing as yours may be completely unrelated to what others got. Good luck!

lab_notez said:
hi All,

I received an RFE e-mail message on my pending I-485 petition. Can some shed some lite on what are the most common RFEs asked and wise approach to answer. is receiving an RFE indicate my security/name check done?

Please respond...

Thanks in advance...

New to this Forum. Please help

Guys,

I am new to this forum. Today my attorney filed I-140/I-485 etc. I did some research reading the forums, but still I have a few questions. Can you kindly answer

1) I guess I need a case number to track my case status at USCIS. How will I know my case number ? (I am not sure if my attorney will pass on that info to me. In the past they did not provide me my LC case number)

2) I read the forums and I understand that my I-140 (premium processing), I-131 (AP), I-765(EAD) will be approved soon and I will be called for Finger printing. Name check will be initiated in due course. Is there anything I am missing ? What could be the potential bottleneck (name check?) ?

3) Does having a good priority date make any difference ? (Is FIFO based on USCIS receipt date or LC priority date) ?

4) In general, if everything goes well, when can I expect my GC (reasonable timeframe) ?

Thanks,
sm11299

sm11299 said:
Guys,

I am new to this forum. Today my attorney filed I-140/I-485 etc. I did some research reading the forums, but still I have a few questions. Can you kindly answer

1) I guess I need a case number to track my case status at USCIS. How will I know my case number ? (I am not sure if my attorney will pass on that info to me. In the past they did not provide me my LC case number)

2) I read the forums and I understand that my I-140 (premium processing), I-131 (AP), I-765(EAD) will be approved soon and I will be called for Finger printing. Name check will be initiated in due course. Is there anything I am missing ? What could be the potential bottleneck (name check?) ?

3) Does having a good priority date make any difference ? (Is FIFO based on USCIS receipt date or LC priority date) ?

4) In general, if everything goes well, when can I expect my GC (reasonable timeframe) ?

Thanks,
sm11299

1. If your I485/I140 was filed today, a receipt notice will be issued to your attorney containing the case number you can use to track your case online from the USCIS website. Get in touch with your attorney after 2-3 weeks for that.

2. Yes, next step for you is to get fingerprinting done. Unfortunately there is no definite way of knowing following the finger printing if your name check cleared or not. I guess you need to explicitly call USCIS or go to a local office to ask that. But in your case it is too early to even ask that question.

3. Your LC priority date only decided if you can file I485 or not. It seems in your case you are good since you have a 2001 priority date and you are EB2. Once your I485 is filed, processing takes place based on the the date of filing of I485 and not the LC filing date. So your processing date for I485 is Today. When it gets processed at the center you will see your approval.

4. USCIS is claiming to process ALL applications within 6 months by the end of 2006. So idealy by Feb-March you should get it. But maybe not, who knows :)

still in the dark

Thanks very much, Bartolo5!
My receipt date is 8/15; and notice date is 9/13. And Receipt# starts at LIN-xxx. I did not hear anything about my I765/131. I am so depressed.
bartolo5 said:
On the top left corner of your receipt it clearly indicates what was the received date and the notice date. Usually what the online system show is the 'notice date', not the received date, even when the text reads ".... we received .... " they really mean they got got file it in their systems by the notice date, and that's what they go by for to measure processing times.

enqueued said:
1. If your I485/I140 was filed today, a receipt notice will be issued to your attorney containing the case number you can use to track your case online from the USCIS website. Get in touch with your attorney after 2-3 weeks for that.

2. Yes, next step for you is to get fingerprinting done. Unfortunately there is no definite way of knowing following the finger printing if your name check cleared or not. I guess you need to explicitly call USCIS or go to a local office to ask that. But in your case it is too early to even ask that question.

3. Your LC priority date only decided if you can file I485 or not. It seems in your case you are good since you have a 2001 priority date and you are EB2. Once your I485 is filed, processing takes place based on the the date of filing of I485 and not the LC filing date. So your processing date for I485 is Today. When it gets processed at the center you will see your approval.

4. USCIS is claiming to process ALL applications within 6 months by the end of 2006. So idealy by Feb-March you should get it. But maybe not, who knows :)

When do u expect yours to be approved? How about mine? Here is my signature.
CONCURRENT FILING. NON-RETROGRESSED COUNTRY
LC State: UT
LC Category (EB1/EB2/EB3): EB2
I-140 FD: 05/12/2006
I-140 RD: 05/15/2006
I-140 LUD: 07/22/2006
I-140 AD:10/11/06
I-485 FD: 05/12/2006
I-485 RD: 05/15/2006
I-485 AD: ??

bobeanu11 said:
When do u expect yours to be approved? How about mine? Here is my signature.
CONCURRENT FILING. NON-RETROGRESSED COUNTRY
LC State: UT
LC Category (EB1/EB2/EB3): EB2
I-140 FD: 05/12/2006
I-140 RD: 05/15/2006
I-140 LUD: 07/22/2006
I-140 AD:10/11/06
I-485 FD: 05/12/2006
I-485 RD: 05/15/2006
I-485 AD: ??

I think if we are namecheck and RFE clean, we should get it in the next 30 or 45 days.

enqueued said:
I think if we are namecheck and RFE clean, we should get it in the next 30 or 45 days.
That would be awesome. I keep my fingers crossed for both of us.
Thanks for your quick reply!

RFE content

Hi All ,

I received my RFE today.

RFE is : Please submit evidence of your work authorization from May 1998 to October 6, 2004 AND from October 6, 2005 to present.

I was kind of going thru my documents and found out that, on my I-94 in Admitted until section it was mentioned that I was admitted until (06102005). I was scared thinking that the date was June 10th instead of Oct 06th because my later H-B was approved only from Oct 10 2005 Later i referred to USCIS section that only on I-94 USCIS will follow ddmmyyyy date format and not mmddyyyy format. After going thru that document I felt relieved.

Sending all my H-1B copies solves the issue or should I send anything else? can anyone please respond.

Hi United Nations, The real canadian and other Knowledgeable gurus please help....

Hi United Nations, The real canadian and other Knowledgeable gurus please help,

While compiling my RFE about all the employment authorizations we realized that I have 3 days gap in my H-1bs in 2003. Can you please tell me if I can have 3 days gap in my H-1B validity times. I have been with the same Employer thru out. My attorney says it doesnt matter if it is with the same employer. I also left the country and got back with a new H-1B stamped after this gap.

Please respond with any insights

Thanks in advance

Approved!!!

Gentlemen, this is the end of the road for me.

At 3.21pm PST today I received 5 emails, 2 from USCIS-CSSO, 3 from CRIS all with the same content:

"On October 24, 2006, a welcome notice was mailed for this case. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 during business hours."

It has been an arduous road to here for me. Definitely more tumultuous than I originally expected when I arrived in the states back in 2000. I feel the pain for those involved in the USCIS nailbitting waits but we are apparently in a period of greencard bonanza, so if you are reading this chances are you are the right track to get to this same point.

I don't feel as emotional as I thought I would be, but I assume after so many years of waiting for this day one becomes numb in the desperation. It will take time to realize that I'm finally here, and that this place starts feeling more home than it has always felt. No more customs interrogation and fingerprinting, no more asking when I'm leaving. No more need to put long term plans on hold fearing to be booted the moment you lose your job.

For those in RFE messes just know that I've found that I-140/I-485 denials are very uncommon. For the rest its just a little bit more waiting. For everybody your approval is around the corner.

I wish you the best.

Does the period for which you have to justify employment include only time while you were on H1-B or does it also include the OPT (Optional Practical Training)?

According to the International Student Services Office from the University the OPT was 'on its way' so they told me I could start working as I would receive paperwork immediately. To make a long story short, the INS then lost all my paperwork and when I finally received my OPT, it was issued according to the current date (not the original date) so there may be some 2 month discrepancy since I started working. All this time, I was told by the people at the University that I could keep working.

I just now realized of this while looking at my paperwork and I hope this is not an issue ...

bartolo5 said:

At 3.21pm PST today I received 5 emails, 2 from USCIS-CSSO, 3 from CRIS all with the same content:

"On October 24, 2006, a welcome notice was mailed for this case. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 during business hours."

Congratulations on your approval! My I-140 was approved one day after yours, so I hope to receive good news soon although I am kind of concerned (see previous posting).

Congrats man!!!

Although we don't know each other I feel happy about you.
Congrats and rest. Now you can travel w/o any concern and change employers as you was looking forward to do so.
Daniel

bartolo5 said:

It has been an arduous road to here for me. Definitely more tumultuous than I originally expected when I arrived in the states back in 2000. I feel the pain for those involved in the USCIS nailbitting waits but we are apparently in a period of greencard bonanza, so if you are reading this chances are you are the right track to get to this same point.

I don't feel as emotional as I thought I would be, but I assume after so many years of waiting for this day one becomes numb in the desperation. It will take time to realize that I'm finally here, and that this place starts feeling more home than it has always felt. No more customs interrogation and fingerprinting, no more asking when I'm leaving. No more need to put long term plans on hold fearing to be booted the moment you lose your job.

For those in RFE messes just know that I've found that I-140/I-485 denials are very uncommon. For the rest its just a little bit more waiting. For everybody your approval is around the corner.

I wish you the best.

tulok said:
Congratulations on your approval! My I-140 was approved one day after yours, so I hope to receive good news soon although I am kind of concerned (see previous posting).

I'm not sure if I understand your question but in the I-485 phase the USCIS does not care about how long you worked, they mainly care that you were never out of status in the past. You should be fine. Maybe you'll get your approval tomorrow!

dc_May2006 said:
Although we don't know each other I feel happy about you.
Congrats and rest. Now you can travel w/o any concern and change employers as you was looking forward to do so.
Daniel

¡Muchas Gracias Daniel! A ti solo te quedan unos dias más. Nos vemos por San Francisco :)