EB2 485: Pls post here

goodyearahead said:
CONGRATULATIONS! WHAT IS THE PD ( LABOR FILING DATE ) AND ARE YOU AN INDIAN CITIZEN

THANKS,
GOODYEARAHEAD

Oops. Sorry. Forgot to add this one:
Labor FD is January 2005
and I'm from Poland (not affected by retrogression).

Good luck to you guys! I learned so much from this website. Thanks!

Any recent 485 approvals?

I just got my I140 approved and My 485 is pending with NSC. Any recent 485 approvals from NSC??

what does it means

Our jurisdiction is origianlly NSC. Our 2nd PERM based EB2 140/485 filed at Nebraska went to TSC with receipts of SRC.
Today we got this message, any advise folks. I was following TSC tracker average approval their was between 3-4 months.

On August 11, 2006, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in LINCOLN, NE for processing. Our office in LINCOLN, NE will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office.

Name check

i'm just wondering about what is exactly the name check? is the name check done for the AOS the same as the one done when we apply to the H1-B visa in the consulate?

EB2 - NSC Labor PD: 15/05/2002
140 RD: 04/10/2006
140 AD: 08/11/2006
485, AP & EAD RD: 04/10/2006
FP Done: 05/18/2006 (both)
AP Approved: 05/03/2006(husband) 05/10/2006(myself)
LUD on 485: 05/19/2006(husband) 05/19/2006(myself)

EB2 vs. EB3

I have an employer who just filed for PERM EB3 for me. My labor certificate was issued 1 week after it was submitted. Now I am going to file for I140 but my attorney said that there's a year backlog on I485. This means I could potentially not be able to work til a year to a year and a half from now?

So, I got this other firm interested in hiring me, and they're willing to file for EB2/Perm. Is EB2 significantly faster than EB3? Am I going to waste my time to switch to EB2. Also, if I get this firm to do EB2 case for me, can I still keep the EB3 going at the same time, or do I have to give the EB3 case up?

Please help.. I just can't afford to be in limbo for a year...

anyone got a news of I485 lately from NSC? it seems NSC is not processing I485 lately. if by luck ur application ends up in TSC then u get approved in 4 to 5 months whereas in NSC it seems it takin a year. right?

It depends which country are you from. If you are from any country other than India and China, then you could file EB2 based I-45/I-485 concurrently because EB2 is current for every country except India and China. If you use EB3 then you have to wait for a very long time unfortunately.... many years i guess regardless of the country.

I hope it helps.

ChitownGirl said:
I have an employer who just filed for PERM EB3 for me. My labor certificate was issued 1 week after it was submitted. Now I am going to file for I140 but my attorney said that there's a year backlog on I485. This means I could potentially not be able to work til a year to a year and a half from now?

So, I got this other firm interested in hiring me, and they're willing to file for EB2/Perm. Is EB2 significantly faster than EB3? Am I going to waste my time to switch to EB2. Also, if I get this firm to do EB2 case for me, can I still keep the EB3 going at the same time, or do I have to give the EB3 case up?

Please help.. I just can't afford to be in limbo for a year...

485 approved today

I got my 485 approved today.

"On October 2, 2006, a welcome notice was mailed for this case. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 during business hours."

My I-140 got approved on Sept 15th, so this is only 2 weeks after.

seattle_cdn said:

"On October 2, 2006, a welcome notice was mailed for this case. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 during business hours."

My I-140 got approved on Sept 15th, so this is only 2 weeks after.

seattle_cdn, did you see any LUDs on your I-485 between your I-140 approval and the I-485 approval?

seattle_cdn said:

seattle_cdn, thats great to hear your I-485 done in only about 15 days from your I-140! My I-140 FD is 5/22 and I am expecting something good myself. Likeyou, I also do not have any LUD changes to either of my i140 and i485 since i filed.

bartolo5 said:
seattle_cdn, did you see any LUDs on your I-485 between your I-140 approval and the I-485 approval?

No, I didn't actually. I checked my account on USCIS pretty regularly, but it hadn't changed since sometime in July I think. It might have changed in the last 5 days, I didn't check online. (they don't send mails for LUD changes apparently). Then again, it was only 15 days since my I-140 approval.

Congrats, Seattle_Cdn. That was lightning fast considering the USCIS average response.

I have also seen recently a UK citizen & a romanian citizen getting approved within 3-4 months. I guess FBI can get their name check cleared pretty easily.

gcbez said:
Congrats, Seattle_Cdn. That was lightning fast considering the USCIS average response.

I have also seen recently a UK citizen & a romanian citizen getting approved within 3-4 months. I guess FBI can get their name check cleared pretty easily.

Is there any easy way to know if your name and fingerprints have been cleared by the FBI?

bartolo5 said:
Is there any easy way to know if your name and fingerprints have been cleared by the FBI?

I did a google search and found a site suggesting the following alternatives:

* Take Infopass appointment and ask the officer (best option)
* Call USCIS and ask to speak to an Immigration Officer.
* Send email to FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov
* Send fax to FBI
* Call FBI: 304-625-5590 or 304-625-2406
* Contact your local senator
* Contact your congressman
* Use Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)

Source: http://immigrationplus.blogspot.com/

tulok said:
I did a google search and found a site suggesting the following alternatives:

* Take Infopass appointment and ask the officer (best option)
* Call USCIS and ask to speak to an Immigration Officer.
* Send email to FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov
* Send fax to FBI
* Call FBI: 304-625-5590 or 304-625-2406
* Contact your local senator
* Contact your congressman
* Use Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)

Source: http://immigrationplus.blogspot.com/

Great info. If you are able to verify the status of your name check, let us know!

bartolo5 said:
Great info. If you are able to verify the status of your name check, let us know!

I think I will wait for a reasonable time (30-45 days maybe) to give a chance for the process to work 'on its own' and avoid any unnecessary panicking.

I think I have heard or read somewhere that it was not advisable to 'bug the FBI unnecessarily'. I will enjoy my I-140 approval and wait a while before I start worrying about the status of my name check.

485 approved!

I got my I-485 approved today!

EB2 PD: 01/20/06

I-140:
Notice Date: 04/26/06
LUD: 07/22/2006
AD: 08/30/06

I-485:
Notice Date: 04/26/06
FP: 05/18/06
LUD: 05/23/06
AD: 10/10/06 :rolleyes: