I-485:
Notice Date: 04/26/06
FP: 05/18/06
LUD: 05/23/06
AD: 10/10/06 :rolleyes:

Totally cool!

Infopass namecheck

tulok said:
I think I will wait for a reasonable time (30-45 days maybe) to give a chance for the process to work 'on its own' and avoid any unnecessary panicking.

I think I have heard or read somewhere that it was not advisable to 'bug the FBI unnecessarily'. I will enjoy my I-140 approval and wait a while before I start worrying about the status of my name check.

I decided to swing by local USCIS office using the Infopass service to find out the status of my namecheck and fingerpriting. I originally called the USCIS to their 800 number but got talked away from giving me any extra info that the status of the case.
They made me wait for a little bit more than expected but a pretty nice lady confirmed that the namecheck had cleared and that the fingerprinting had been received too, so I should be just waiting for an officer to pickup my place and hopefully approve it! Looking at the timeline of people around here I'm expecting for this to happen in mid november. Keeping my fingers crossed.

InfoPass

Hi Bartolo5,
I got my I-140 approved on 10/05 as well using PP (EB-2 NSC) in 8 calendar days filed on 09/28

I was going thru many forums to figure out how to check if my name check cleared or not? I even called USCIS but not luck on it.
I just read that you stop by INFOPASS? Do I need to make an appointment for it?
I believe you are also from Northern CA, which USCIS office did you stop by for checking this out?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!!!

sherrysun said:
I got my I-485 approved today!

EB2 PD: 01/20/06

I-140:
LUD: 07/22/2006
AD: 08/30/06

I-485:
FP: 05/18/06
LUD: 05/23/06
AD: 10/10/06 :rolleyes:

Congrats!!! What country you are from? I guess your LUD 05/23/06 on I-485 was due to FP, right? Did you receive any LUD after that but before approval?
Thanks,

dc_May2006 said:
Congrats!!! What country you are from? I guess your LUD 05/23/06 on I-485 was due to FP, right? Did you receive any LUD after that but before approval?
Thanks,

Thanks~ I'm from a non-retrogressed country (Taiwan). Yes, the LUD 05/23/06 was due to FP. No LUDs since then. Hope you will get approved soon, too!

dc_May2006 said:
Hi Bartolo5,
I got my I-140 approved on 10/05 as well using PP (EB-2 NSC) in 8 calendar days filed on 09/28

I was going thru many forums to figure out how to check if my name check cleared or not? I even called USCIS but not luck on it.
I just read that you stop by INFOPASS? Do I need to make an appointment for it?
I believe you are also from Northern CA, which USCIS office did you stop by for checking this out?

Thanks

Hola que tal,
I'm glad to hear that your cases are moving forward! Yes, I live in San Francisco and work in Sunnyvale CA. You have to schedule an Infopass appointment online, this is very easy to do and have many slots available from the next day. AFAIK, In the bay area there are two offices, one in San Francisco and another one in San Jose. I just chose the one in San Jose because it was more convenient for me; I simply put a San Jose zip code in the infopass system so i could setup an apptm. in the San Jose office. Good luck.

bartolo5 said:
I decided to swing by local USCIS office using the Infopass service to find out the status of my namecheck and fingerpriting. I originally called the USCIS to their 800 number but got talked away from giving me any extra info that the status of the case.
They made me wait for a little bit more than expected but a pretty nice lady confirmed that the namecheck had cleared and that the fingerprinting had been received too, so I should be just waiting for an officer to pickup my place and hopefully approve it! Looking at the timeline of people around here I'm expecting for this to happen in mid november. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Good for you! We'll be keeping our fingers crossed.

Unfortunately, there is not a USCIS office in the city I live. I would I need to drive for 100+ miles to get the appointment so I will wait a few more days and try the phones first and go from there.

what the latest file that got approved?

Can anyone tell me how long in the 485 approval taking for cases filed early to mid 2006 for EB2. What is the latest filed case which was approved at NSC?

tulok said:
Good for you! We'll be keeping our fingers crossed.

Unfortunately, there is not a USCIS office in the city I live. I would I need to drive for 100+ miles to get the appointment so I will wait a few more days and try the phones first and go from there.

I think if you got LUDs on your I-485 the day you did the fingerprinting and the day after it could mean your name cleared right away. But there is no sure way to know other than calling this people.

Priority Date and FBI Name Check

bartolo5 said:
Hola que tal,
I'm glad to hear that your cases are moving forward! Yes, I live in San Francisco and work in Sunnyvale CA. You have to schedule an Infopass appointment online, this is very easy to do and have many slots available from the next day. AFAIK, In the bay area there are two offices, one in San Francisco and another one in San Jose. I just chose the one in San Jose because it was more convenient for me; I simply put a San Jose zip code in the infopass system so i could setup an apptm. in the San Jose office. Good luck.

Hi Bartolo,
I just came back from SF USCIS office. I went there to check as well if my FBI name check has cleared and the agent told me that results came back from FBI with no records found. It was a great idea to stop by. It's a matter of just waiting knowing that the application is not stuck at least by FBI name check.

One thing I noticed on my I-140 Approval Notice (thru PP) is that the Priority Date shown there is the same as the I-140 Receipt Date (May 31st). As far as I know Priority Date should be the file date of the Labor Certification (in my case Feb 9, 2006). Could you please check and let me know if in your I-140 approval shows the LC filing date as oppposed of the I-140 receipt date?
Thanks in advance.

Hi gc_rush,
You meant 2.5 months.... Last NSC for I-1485 EB Category was Dec 12, 2005.
Anyways, that's a great progress. I hope they can keep going at that speed.
Thanks.

dc_May2006 said:
Hi gc_rush,
You meant 2.5 months.... Last NSC for I-1485 EB Category was Dec 12, 2005.
Anyways, that's a great progress. I hope they can keep going at that speed.
Thanks.

Hi,

I was actually talking about the time taken to process...Its about 7.5 months rite. You are rite abt the movement between last update and this time.....

As long as it moves .....forward :rolleyes: ...its a good thing.

dc_May2006 said:
Hi Bartolo,
I just came back from SF USCIS office. I went there to check as well if my FBI name check has cleared and the agent told me that results came back from FBI with no records found. It was a great idea to stop by. It's a matter of just waiting knowing that the application is not stuck at least by FBI name check.

One thing I noticed on my I-140 Approval Notice (thru PP) is that the Priority Date shown there is the same as the I-140 Receipt Date (May 31st). As far as I know Priority Date should be the file date of the Labor Certification (in my case Feb 9, 2006). Could you please check and let me know if in your I-140 approval shows the LC filing date as oppposed of the I-140 receipt date?
Thanks in advance.

My priority date on the I-140 approval receipt does show may 9th 2006 which is when my PERM case was filed. I'm not sure if it matters much because you are in a not retrogressed country.

Also, I'm gaining confidence that our cases should be approved in about a month. I've seen plenty of concurrently filed cases who got their I-485 approvals in about 6 weeks from the I-140 approval, that should be around mid november for us.

Because our names have cleared and fingerprintings are done, we should be good to go soon! let's cross our fingers...

Any idea how it works on case transfers.

My 485 was originally in VSC with a march receipt date. Now its in NSC with oct. Should I use the tracker timings based on the VSC date or the NSC date?

bartolo5 said:
I think if you got LUDs on your I-485 the day you did the fingerprinting and the day after it could mean your name cleared right away. But there is no sure way to know other than calling this people.

Well, I sure hope you are right. My FP appointment was on Friday 7/14 and my LUD is 7/15.

Saludos!

My I140/I485 (EB2) was filed concurrently by the end of August to NSC and it has been 8 weeks since the filing with no confirmation from NSC. The lawyer sent me the UPS tracking record to show that the package has been received but the check has NOT been cashed. I am wondering if the package got lost in the process and considering re-filing. Has anyone else experienced the similar situation? I am from a retro country and PD is current.

Labor4Ever said:
My I140/I485 (EB2) was filed concurrently by the end of August to NSC and it has been 8 weeks since the filing with no confirmation from NSC. The lawyer sent me the UPS tracking record to show that the package has been received but the check has NOT been cashed. I am wondering if the package got lost in the process and considering re-filing. Has anyone else experienced the similar situation? I am from a retro country and PD is current.

2 months and no cashed checks sound like a little bit too much. I would call the USCIS to see what they say. Your lawyer should know better what to do here.

Thanks bartolo5!

The lawyer is reluctant to do anything at this point. If I call USCIS, what kind of information I need to give to them and could you also kindly point out the phone #?

bartolo5 said:
2 months and no cashed checks sound like a little bit too much. I would call the USCIS to see what they say. Your lawyer should know better what to do here.