EB2 485: Pls post here

No Bio/FP Notice...

I applied for 140/485/EAD/AD over 2 months ago for me and my wife and so far I got no FP/Bio notice. Is this normal? Should I contact NSC and inquire about my case. The last LUD was March 1 for all my application.

Code 1 Biometrics

I have received Code1 Biometrics.
The notifications was sent dated 24th April 2006
I left for India on vacation on 30th and didn't receive the mail about the biometrics by then.

The date given was 4/7/2006, which i naturally missed.
The lawyer is working on getting a new date in May 2006.

I return back on 24th april, would i have any problems at port of entry??
Would my case be abonded? The notification apparently says so(i have a scanned copy)??
Has anyone been in a similar situation and came out without major issues?

maltu,

Did you have any problems at your return in US? Please share your experience.

maltu said:
I have received Code1 Biometrics.
The notifications was sent dated 24th April 2006
I left for India on vacation on 30th and didn't receive the mail about the biometrics by then.

The date given was 4/7/2006, which i naturally missed.
The lawyer is working on getting a new date in May 2006.

I return back on 24th april, would i have any problems at port of entry??
Would my case be abonded? The notification apparently says so(i have a scanned copy)??
Has anyone been in a similar situation and came out without major issues?

vali said:
maltu,

Did you have any problems at your return in US? Please share your experience.

Nope, had no problem at imigration(which was our primary concern).
Would have to talk to lawyer to confirm if i can do a walk-in for my finger prints with an expired date.

FP/Bio Reschedule

Go to ASC with your appointment notice and airline tickets and explain the situation. You might get lucky and they will take your FP that same day or reschedule it. Try to go in a Wednesday or Saturday.

maltu said:
Nope, had no problem at imigration(which was our primary concern).
Would have to talk to lawyer to confirm if i can do a walk-in for my finger prints with an expired date.

Thanks Vali, I shall try that sometine next week(maybe next wednesday). I got the appoint for santa anna office, but work in st paul during week days, do you think its alrite for me to go st paul ASC?

vali said:
Go to ASC with your appointment notice and airline tickets and explain the situation. You might get lucky and they will take your FP that same day or reschedule it. Try to go in a Wednesday or Saturday.

If I were you I wouldn't wait. I would go this Saturday at the appointed ASC and would try having FP done or at least rescheduled.

maltu said:
Thanks Vali, I shall try that sometine next week(maybe next wednesday). I got the appoint for santa anna office, but work in st paul during week days, do you think its alrite for me to go st paul ASC?

Any more updates?
I haven't seen any approvals since February.

Last edited by a moderator:
I-485 approved NSC

Category: Outstanding researcher and extraordinary ability
Nebraska
Labor certification send on September, 15 2005
Approved labor on September 26, 2005
I-140 & I-485 – filled concurrent on November 16, 2005
Receipts for filing November 22, 2005
I-140 approved on November 30, 2005
Biometrics notice on February 27, 2006
Fingerprinting appointment March 1, 2006
I-485 approved 26 April, 2006
Green card in my hands 29 April, 2006,
Date on Green cards 24 April, 2006

Congratulations to the all new GC holders.
It seems that NSC has picked up the pace and its working ahead of the official processing dates. Recent approvals indicate that NSC is working on Sept - November cases.

RFE on I-485

I received emails today that says they have sent RFE for myself and my wife's I-485. I/lawyer have to yet to receive the RFE papers. I have given Code 1 Bio recently (3/25) but my wife did not receive the code 1 bio notice.

My Name check is still pending (as of 02/15/06). Did the RFE mean the name check is cleared or is it some kind of pre-adjudication nuisance by NSC?

The e-filed EAD/AP on 3/27 are just approved!! Not sure what is the RFE is about. :mad:

Any Ideas?

damascus said:
I received emails today that says they have sent RFE for myself and my wife's I-485. I/lawyer have to yet to receive the RFE papers. I have given Code 1 Bio recently (3/25) but my wife did not receive the code 1 bio notice.

My Name check is still pending (as of 02/15/06). Did the RFE mean the name check is cleared or is it some kind of pre-adjudication nuisance by NSC?

The e-filed EAD/AP on 3/27 are just approved!! Not sure what is the RFE is about. :mad:

Any Ideas?

I have an idea that RFE is about status papers, marriage papers and the proof that employment position still exists :)
As for the name check, I would think it is cleared if RFE on the way. But who knows...

merovingian said:
I have an idea that RFE is about status papers, marriage papers and the proof that employment position still exists :)
As for the name check, I would think it is cleared if RFE on the way. But who knows...

merovingian, Thanks for the response!!

Although I will come to know about the RFE by mid-week, I have few questions (Impatient as usual :) )

1. What kind of status papers? I have been working on H1 for the same GC spnsoring employer since I came to USA. Will they be ALL H1 notices snce time t=0?

2. I have proper marriage certificate issued by Govt. authorities.

3. May be my company needs to send another letter of support?

Thanks.

As for status papers, if this is your second H1-B term, they might request the copy of the first. For spouse is the same. As from my experience, they ask for status papers up till the last status. ( for me, the last was H1-B, but I had J1-F1 before, so they requested that. My spouse is on second H1-B, but before she had B2-F1-H1B).
As for the marriage, you better dig up much more than marriage certificate. We submitted lease papers, bank account, common insurances and marriage certificate. But those dudes still trasferred spouse's case to local office.
As for the employer's letter, the simple memo on company letterhead was enough for me. The letter stated that position still exists and terms/conditions remain the same as per LC.
Don't worry, if everything is OK with job position and your current status, you will be fine.
Good luck!

I don't understand the reason to request status papers since they are those who approved them in the first place. They should have all this information in the system.

merovingian said:
As for status papers, if this is your second H1-B term, they might request the copy of the first. For spouse is the same. As from my experience, they ask for status papers up till the last status. ( for me, the last was H1-B, but I had J1-F1 before, so they requested that. My spouse is on second H1-B, but before she had B2-F1-H1B).

vali said:
I don't understand the reason to request status papers since they are those who approved them in the first place. They should have all this information in the system.

I believe it is easier for them to request for status papers and attach to the current case than dig in old cases, pull up info, copy/scan and file with new case :)

My/My wife's I-485 cases were filed on May 2005 and the I-485 notificaiton date was May 24/2005 (EB2 with my employment, priority date of my labor was July 2002). The last update to both cases were July 2005 after fingerprint.
Both cases have been outside of the processing date. I called the service phone number on Tuesday/Wednesday and two inqueris have been put on the cases. Now I got the following responses in email:

My case:
The status of this service request is:
Based on your request we researched the status of this case. You case remains
pending until a visa is available for you and your security checks are
completed. For further visa issuance info, please refer to www.travel.state.gov.

My wife's case:
The status of this service request is:
Your I-485 application is awaiting assignment to an officer. You will be
notified when a decision is made on your case, or if additional information
should become necessary.

What does these mean?
For me, I think I am still in security check (name check?). For my wife, is it even worse by "awaiting assignment"?

Your help/suggestion would be highly appreciated.