EB1 Outstanding Research Tracker

skusa said:
RFE is it a bad sign, I am getting worried now. usually for EB1OR what kind of RFE's are issued? should I wait till I receive the RFE and then send the change of employer AC21? pl suggest
thanks

Don't worry too much, SKUSA. I'd like wish it would just be a notice for a second FP.

Skusa,

I believe RFEs on 485 applications are usually much easier to handle than those for EB1-I140. Since 485 petition mostly contains biographical data, it should be easy to obtain any missing documents (an unclear birth certificate, missing tax returns, etc.). A popular 485-RFE seems to be employment verification letter from the current employer.

Good luck.

Max

skusa said:
RFE is it a bad sign, I am getting worried now. usually for EB1OR what kind of RFE's are issued? should I wait till I receive the RFE and then send the change of employer AC21? pl suggest
thanks

I don't think I'd be too worried. I got a RFE back in March on my I-485. All they wanted was evidence that I was still (gainfully!) employed and copies of my W-2's. I got everything together in 1 day and send it off to my lawyers. By the way, it's possible that the RFE was sent directly to your lawyers, so if you don't receive anything after a couple of weeks, contact them.

SlipJ

Thanks all for encouraging words.
Mine EB1OR was filed by univ and 485 I filled by myself. now since I joined a company on another coast just a month ago I need to file AC21 too so guess will wait till I receive the RFE and then respond. will keep posted here.
how fast are the responses after responding to RFE's do they take long to approve the case then?
thanks a lot again
shobhana

another quick question for experts here.
Do I need to hire attorney for sending RFE? I guess it could be for tax returns and employment letter. plus here I will send the new employment letter also along with AC21, I have the letter format ready.
for slipj-did you hear any further after responding to the RFE?

thanks
shobhana

Reverse_Man said:
I just checked the online status and found out that our (my wife's and mine) 485s have been approved on the July 13.

Good luck to you all.

Max
Reverse_Man: Is 02/20/02 your 485 received date or receipt noticed date? ic

skusa said:
Do I need to hire attorney for sending RFE? I guess it could be for tax returns and employment letter. plus here I will send the new employment letter also along with AC21, I have the letter format ready.

thanks
shobhana

skusa, let me be honest. The only case of rejection in this category that I know of, is a guy how did it himself. Not to scare you, but they are very useful to naviagate the ocean of gray situations. What I would do in you place is:

1) contact a lawyer informally, or at least see who is vailable in case I need help

2) wait for the RFE, if it is a no-brainer go ahead myself. If not sure I can do it or if it gets messy, hire the alwyer.

skusa said:

thanks
shobhana

My RFE was simple - only employers letter and W-2's. But my lawyer did insist that I send the papers to him so that he could send them on. I'm not sure, but I'm guessing that he included some kind of letter with the RFE response.
I think that because this whole process is so complicated, having a lawyer is a good idea. But I have heard of people that have done it themselves.

BTW, I sent my RFE on 3/25/04, and on 4/1/04 my online status was updated to say that the information had been received. The message stated, "On April 1, 2004, we received your response to our request for evidence or information."

Good luck!

SlipJ

July02EB12 said:
Got my second fingerprint notice - will try going in early......
==================================================
  • SEE ALSO: I-140 EB1-OR TRACKER
  • To edit the list, please reply QUOTED and remove the "quote" (and other additional) tags, to preserve formatting
  • Approvals in boldface
  • CONC means Concurrent Petition [Yes/No/Semi]. Semi means: I-485 filed after I140 filing, but before I140 approval.
  • FP means Finger Print (just say NO if not done)
  • I140 means I-140 approval date. (just say waiting if not approved)
  • This is for I-485 EB-1 Outstanding Researchers @ Vermont

=========================================================
RECEIPT------CONC------FP---------I140--------FP2--------APPROVAL---NAME
=========================================================

***** 04/17/2002 ***** USCIS CURRENT PROCESSING TIME *****
07/01/02----yes------08/20/02------07/17/02----03/23/04----waiting-----
VL
09/11/02----yes------11/06/02------10/26/02----07/09/04----waiting-----slipj
09/23/02----yes------11/18/02------06/02/03-----waiting-----waiting-----mendieta
09/??/02----semi------10/29/02-----RFE waiting---notice:7/9/04-----waiting-----July02EB12
09/27/02--semi----11/18/03----01/20/04-----???-----03/14/04---ksekar :)
10/10/02--yes-----06/??/03----06/11/03------???-----06/03/04---d-ster :)

10/23/02----semi-----11/29/02------04/09/04-----waiting-----waiting-----Hueymeei1
11/02/02----semi-----12/10/02------04/16/04-----waiting-----waiting-----open_sesame
11/19/02----semi-----02/12/03------06/09/04-----07/06/04-----waiting-----mzgh
11/22/02----semi-----02/10/03------03/26/04-----07/02/04-----waiting-----ea_ead
11/25/02----semi-----02/13/03------07/08/04-----waiting-----waiting-----barney
12/10/02----yes------01/13/03------09/10/03-----waiting-----waiting-----gc-despo
12/10/02----semi-----03/19/03------05/17/02-----waiting-----waiting-----skusa
12/11/02----semi-----02/05/03------06/28/04-----waiting-----waiting-----Rajan123
12/13/02--semi----03/23/03----12/17/02-----???-----06/17/04---amine :eek:
12/20/02----yes------03/20/03------waiting------waiting-----waiting-----samamit
02/20/03----semi-----05/20/03------5/15/04-----waiting-----waiting------Reverse_Man
03/11/03----semi-----04/24/03------waiting------waiting-----waiting------agroy
04/02/03----yes------05/13/03------waiting------waiting-----waiting------gegemon
04/10/03----semi-----05/?/03 -------06/28/04----waiting-----waiting-----immigrationcom
04/13/03--semi----??/??/??------06/09/04-----???-----06/09/04---fatlady:)
09/27/03----semi-----NO------------06/04/04-----waiting-----waiting-----arjundc
03/25/04----semi-----NO------------waiting-------waiting-----waiting-----Ice Tea
==================================================
[/QUOTE]

EIG, Please ...

EIG, Please edit your last post and remove the QUOTE tag (in square brackets). Otherwise we can't edit your post and keep the formating. Thanks !

Fingerprint prior to appointment

Received my second fingerprint notice from USCIS. Anyone tried going in early (particularly at the Philadelphia Application Support Center)? I really can't go on the date they want me there.....the person at the 800 number says that once an appointment is issued one cannot go in earlier AND that a postponement would postpone it by 2 to 3 months!! :rolleyes:

Any experience? any suggestions?

Thanks.

July02EB12 said:
Received my second fingerprint notice from USCIS. Anyone tried going in early (particularly at the Philadelphia Application Support Center)? I really can't go on the date they want me there.....the person at the 800 number says that once an appointment is issued one cannot go in earlier AND that a postponement would postpone it by 2 to 3 months!! :rolleyes:

Thanks.

I've heard of a number of people going early, and I did it myself in Boston (http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=837585&postcount=68). I'm not certain about Philly, though.

SlipJ

Hi July02EB12,
I had no trouble going early in Boston. Start the trend in Philadelphia.
Just go and act like you belong there. Have your notice in hand and your EAD. It will work out just fine. What matters is that you give them your fingerprints as soon as you can so that you can start living at last.
Go in early on Monday.
MZGH
July02EB12 said:

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks!!

Thanks mzgh and slipj,
I plan on going there next week (I beleive it is open on Saturday as well....but I plan to go there on a weekday - less crowds?). Let us see how it goes.

mzgh said:
Hi July02EB12,
I had no trouble going early in Boston. Start the trend in Philadelphia.
Just go and act like you belong there. Have your notice in hand and your EAD. It will work out just fine. What matters is that you give them your fingerprints as soon as you can so that you can start living at last.
Go in early on Monday.
MZGH

fp

hi guys:
does the fp notice come in the mail to me in additon to my lawyer? Aslo, is there ususally an email notice as well similar to the approvals or RFES?
A

Hi,
The FP notice should come to you in the mail. I informed my lawyer after i gave my FP2s. My lawyer thanked me for keeping him posted. i assume he did not get a copy of the FP notice. I said "I assume" since I did not ask.

MZGH

arjundc said:
hi guys:
does the fp notice come in the mail to me in additon to my lawyer? Aslo, is there ususally an email notice as well similar to the approvals or RFES?
A

The FP notice goes out to both you and your lawyer. My copy of the notice actually went to my old address (and it won't be forwarded), even though I'd sent an AR-11 as soon as I moved. My lawyer had to FedEx his copy to me. The day before I went to get the FP done, my copy finally got to me after being sent back to the USCIS and then being sent to the correct address. Enclosed with my copy of the notice was a letter telling me I needed to inform them of my new address, along with an AR-11 form! :rolleyes:

SlipJ

mzgh said:
Hi,
The FP notice should come to you in the mail. I informed my lawyer after i gave my FP2s. My lawyer thanked me for keeping him posted. i assume he did not get a copy of the FP notice. I said "I assume" since I did not ask.

MZGH

slipj said:
The FP notice goes out to both you and your lawyer. My copy of the notice actually went to my old address (and it won't be forwarded), even though I'd sent an AR-11 as soon as I moved. My lawyer had to FedEx his copy to me. The day before I went to get the FP done, my copy finally got to me after being sent back to the USCIS and then being sent to the correct address. Enclosed with my copy of the notice was a letter telling me I needed to inform them of my new address, along with an AR-11 form! :rolleyes:

SlipJ
Slip: You need to call them to change the address besides the AR-11. ic

address change

i had done both ar11 and telephone change, however, my NIW approval came to my old address. luckilly they forwarded it. In any case do u receive email notification for FP?
TX
a

arjundc said:
i had done both ar11 and telephone change, however, my NIW approval came to my old address. luckilly they forwarded it. In any case do u receive email notification for FP?
TX
a

Unfortunately, this seems sort of normal. Last year I got my Advanced Parole mailed to someone else, and I got the AP from the other guy. We exchanged them via mail. None of us had moved in the recent past, it was just a USCIS screw up :-(